HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ok so Columbus Loses...But what a game...

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2003, 07:19 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

vCash: 500
Ok so Columbus Loses...But what a game...

For Zherdev...What a difference a game makes, the Kid looked a little unsure and tired, but did show flashes of what was to come in the Anaheim game. (Credit that to the whirlwind 4 days he had, jumping across the world to get here, and being in an unfamiliar building, new linemates, etc etc...)

Take that game, add a day of settlin' in, and what do you get?
A great effort from him tonite, I'm not sure excatly how many minutes he played, but i'm sure it was more then he played against Anaheim. He had powerplay time, and looked good out there. He put at least 3-4 shots on net, scoring on 2 (eventhough one was called back )
Good game for Zherdev... Nash and Zherdev looked good together on the PP... So Soon...looking at Fritsche centering Nash and Zherdev, Johnson, Klesla on the Blueline and LeClaire between the pipes...

Also...didn't Aaron Johnson assist on Zherdev's goal??

Old
12-04-2003, 07:22 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Yes, he did, and a big "congradulations" out to Aaron. *For he's jolly good fellow, for he's a *........ect.

What a bummer loss, though.:mad:

Old
12-05-2003, 06:38 AM
jackets63

Blue Jackets lose. Bowling Green loses. Zherdev gets robbed of a beautiful goal. It was a pretty rough night for me and sports. But it was tempered by the amazing play of Zherdev. Hes going to hit a wall sometime, but if he can play like that every game until then, put him on that 2nd line RW with Nash and Marchant. Or move Vybes down to that line and let Nik play with Cass and Sandy. Wow. Is it too early (or too late) to start Calder talk?

Old
12-05-2003, 06:42 AM
jacketracket*

Quote:
Originally Posted by contingent_23
For Zherdev...What a difference a game makes, the Kid looked a little unsure and tired, but did show flashes of what was to come in the Anaheim game. (Credit that to the whirlwind 4 days he had, jumping across the world to get here, and being in an unfamiliar building, new linemates, etc etc...)

Take that game, add a day of settlin' in, and what do you get?
A great effort from him tonite, I'm not sure excatly how many minutes he played, but i'm sure it was more then he played against Anaheim. He had powerplay time, and looked good out there. He put at least 3-4 shots on net, scoring on 2 (eventhough one was called back )
Good game for Zherdev... Nash and Zherdev looked good together on the PP... So Soon...looking at Fritsche centering Nash and Zherdev, Johnson, Klesla on the Blueline and LeClaire between the pipes...

Also...didn't Aaron Johnson assist on Zherdev's goal??
Yep, AJ assisted on BOTH of Z's goals!!

Old
12-05-2003, 07:39 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackets63
Blue Jackets lose. Bowling Green loses. Zherdev gets robbed of a beautiful goal. It was a pretty rough night for me and sports. But it was tempered by the amazing play of Zherdev. Hes going to hit a wall sometime, but if he can play like that every game until then, put him on that 2nd line RW with Nash and Marchant. Or move Vybes down to that line and let Nik play with Cass and Sandy. Wow. Is it too early (or too late) to start Calder talk?
I hate to say this but I think Joni Pitkanen has already sewn up the Calder

3g-10a in 23 games with a plus 10 while playing 17:17/night, and 8 of his 13 points came on the Power Play.

Old
12-05-2003, 08:07 AM
Ejh18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army

3g-10a in 23 games with a plus 10 while playing 17:17/night, and 8 of his 13 points came on the Power Play.
Jani hasnt locked up anything yet. I am pretty sure he didnt even win rookie of the month.

He could get injured tomorrow and not play another game.

The kid has played great, yes. But 25 games doesnt make a season. And he also has some great talent around him, that helps too. Its a little early to say he has it "sewn up".

Pitkanen is definitly a contender at this point, but no one has it locked up.

This time last year, people were saying Arnason was going to win...

Old
12-05-2003, 08:07 AM
JDog

Quote:

Other guys, Jason King & Andrew Raycroft in particular, have a chance to win it.

Old
12-05-2003, 08:38 AM
AL-Canadian

Quote:

Its way too early to be handing out trophies. A good month or two would easily put a player like King, Stall, Hamhuis, Lupul, Bergeron (both of them) at or near the top of the Calder race. Don't forget Fleury either. Heck, a good month and your man Zherdev will be included in the rookie race.

Old
12-05-2003, 11:00 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
staaaaaahppp!

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL-Canadian
Its way too early to be handing out trophies. A good month or two would easily put a player like King, Stall, Hamhuis, Lupul, Bergeron (both of them) at or near the top of the Calder race. Don't forget Fleury either. Heck, a good month and your man Zherdev will be included in the rookie race.
I think Zherdev entered the race a little too late. I doubt he can win Rookie of the Year.

Old
12-05-2003, 11:16 AM
Ejh18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow
I think Zherdev entered the race a little too late. I doubt he can win Rookie of the Year.
If he plays most of his games like he did last night... I wouldnt count him out.

But it is unlikely.

Old
12-05-2003, 11:55 AM
Seth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackets63
Hey Jackets63, you a BG student or fan? I notice your lamenting, as I am about them losing, and you're "Friend Dont Let Friends Go to Toledo" quote BG Motor City Bowl all the way. Oh and go jackets :p

Closed Thread