Notices

Mike Comrie

Old
01-21-2007, 02:03 AM
Lux Aurumque*

vCash: 500
Mike Comrie

From TSN

- According to the Delaware County Times, the Thrashers will make a push to sign Senators C Mike Comrie as a free agent this summer.

I don't understand why we didnt just trade for him, but I would absolutely LOVE to have Comrie on this team. He'd look very good centering Hossa and Kozlov, or Kovalchuk and someone...Bourret?

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 05:24 AM
Gwyddbwyll

Coyotes wanted a young talented forward. Little and Bourret are the only ones that would be good enough to beat Ottawa's offer of Kaigorodov. Perhaps Pavelec. I'm sure you would not be interested in giving up any of them and there's no one else..

Gwyddbwyll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 12:03 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Hmm, then we definately wouldnt have had what it took to get him. Just a wild guess, but Im thinking the only area DW would deal from is the defense, since we have a lot of depth there. Of course...if we could get rid of Rucchin, Im sure he wouldnt mind dealing a forward or two away.

Old
01-21-2007, 12:15 PM
Magnus Fulgur

If the Thrashers are going for someone like Comrie, they will have to get rid of two of the following: deVries/Vishnevsky/Sutton. That makes it even more of an attractive idea.

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 12:50 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Getting rid of deVries would be a dream come true.

Old
01-21-2007, 06:51 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

DW was too slow last year to get anyone before the deadline to help get us into the playoffs and it looks again like he was "too careful" and missed again. Comrie would have made Kovy look great again.

DW is hording his prospects like nuts for the winter. Hey, there are only so many slots available in the big club Don. We should have had Comrie. I bet we get....NO ONE!

ThrasherMinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 07:07 PM
sgt Hartman

Send a message via ICQ to sgt Hartman Send a message via MSN to sgt Hartman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky17 View Post
Comrie would have made Kovy look great again.
well, I remember Kovy made Comrie look not very great

sgt Hartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 03:17 AM

vCash: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
From TSN

- According to the Delaware County Times, the Thrashers will make a push to sign Senators C Mike Comrie as a free agent this summer.

I don't understand why we didnt just trade for him, but I would absolutely LOVE to have Comrie on this team. He'd look very good centering Hossa and Kozlov, or Kovalchuk and someone...Bourret?
Because, unlike Ottawa, we didn't have a top prospect who was completely mishandled to throw away on a upcoming UFA? Phoenix wasn't going to get a better deal for Comrie. Honestly, I would have liked for us to work a deal with Ottawa for Kaygorodov rather than a deal to rent Comrie.

Comrie would probably look pretty good here, but I imagine Little would have been the price. This team has too many holes (that should have been addressed last summer) for us to trade the farm hoping to fix just one of them. Yeah, you have to give up something to get something, but we are finally just starting to get some decent prospect depth in the system and we should spend it wisely.

#37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 03:33 AM

vCash: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky17 View Post
DW was too slow last year to get anyone before the deadline to help get us into the playoffs
I disagree. DW was smart last year, he knew he didn't have the goaltending he needed to make a deal worthwhile in the end. We are lucky he didn't trade away our 1st (Little) or Coburn or Valabik for a rental.

You shouldn't make a big trade because you hope it gets you into playoffs, you should make a big trade because you hope it helps you advance further in the playoffs.

It'll be interesting to see what happens before this years deadline.

#37 is offline   Reply With Quote