HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Grade the preds at the break

Old
01-21-2007, 03:37 AM
PeterAngelo

vCash: 500
Grade the preds at the break

With 6 days of no hockey was just wondering if any knowledgeable preds fans wanted to grade our players this far in the season? otherwise my next 6 days will be boring Lord knows the ASG will be a joke and no fun with only the 1 pred in attendence!

PeterAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 07:56 AM
PeterAngelo

Ok i thought i would post my grades if only to get a response from someone who actually sees the team on a more consistent basis and can give better insight Don't see enough of the preds to comment on them all so i will just comment on those i have noticed in the 20 or so games i have seen. so here it goes

Noticeables

Coach:

Barry Trotz- has done a great job getting the team to gel especially the young defense, seems to give the team the necessary spur when needed. A

Up to the ASG break MVP:

Chris Mason- I shudder to think what our record would be had Mason not stepped into the starters role with such success. Started an incredible 20 odd straight games to keep this team in contention for the best record in the NHL. League's best save percentage (or close to it). A+

Forwards:

Paul Kariya- Has provided an offensive spark for much of the season but has really been instrumental in his last 20 games, often there to provide the late spark and gives those around him plenty of scoring opportunities. Can't tell you how pleased i have been with our signing of Paul, a great moment in the history of this franchise moving forward. A

David Legwand- Has been magnificent as a two way forward and if nashville was ever recognised by the nhl would surely be a selke candidate at this stage. Amazing +26 at the all star break and is starting to turn it on offensively, as well as with his excellent defensive play. A

Steve Sullivan- One of the most underrated forwards in the game continues to provide spark often in games where Kariya is defensively shutdown, despite scoring at more than a ppg though he does seem to have stretches where he is largely ineffective, though these are far outweighed by the games that he influences with his speed, terrific passing and scoring finish. B+

Defense:

Kimmo Timonen
- Has been excellent in the defensive end and more than helpful on a struggling powerplay. Rewarded with an All-star berth (though i dont know if thats a good thing or bad judging by some of the others chosen ), captaining well. B+

Shea Weber- A big presence down back and has finally started to gain notice around the league as a terrific young player, needs more powerplay time with that killer shot! B+

Unnoticeables:

Josef Vasicek- Injured i know but definitely expected more from his big body, should throw his weight around a lot, the ugliest stats on the team D-

Marek Zidlicky- Am i the only one nervous when Marek is all that stands between an attacking player and our goalie? D

Can't wait to see more of...

Alexander Radulov!- Limited ice time, limited opportunities, yet showing young players around the nhl how to put the puck in the net. Great talent can't wait to see him slot into the 1st line with Leggy and Kariya next season B

PeterAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 08:00 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Haven't seen a single game, so I can't comment.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 03:13 PM
dulzhok

Almost all would get high grades.

Met or Exceeded expectations:
Erat, Legwand, Kariya, Dumont, Sullivan, Arnott, Hartnell, Fiddler, Radulov, Weber, Timonen, Suter, Hamhuis, Mason

Below expectations:
Vasichek, Zidlicky, 4th liners.

Incomplete:
Vokoun, Upshall

Even the guys who have performed below expecations haven't had a huge negative effect on the team. Vasichek hasn't been that good, but he hasn't been playing a big role. Zidlicky hasn't been putting up big points, but he hasn't been a total bomb. The 4th liners seem to have a sporadic impact, but there are games when they make a difference.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 03:50 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Vasicek is Czech for "Arkhipov"

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 05:07 PM
HellasLEAF
#93Gilmour/#93Marner

about Radulov, I kow he's been good. but will he come back and contribut this season?? or will he just sit out and be part of the picture next season?

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 07:33 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
Vasicek is Czech for "Arkhipov"
haha...I actually turned to my sister and wife during Saturday's game and said, "you know...vasicek is just arkhipov warmed over."

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote