HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stortini to Hamilton

Old
01-21-2007, 04:06 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

vCash: 500
Stortini to Hamilton

No surprise here, lets hope he gets called up again after the break.

http://www.edmontonoilers.com/news/index.php?id=960

Mowzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 04:08 PM
HFPM

Send a message via MSN to HFPM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowzie View Post
No surprise here, lets hope he gets called up again after the break.

http://www.edmontonoilers.com/news/index.php?id=960
Amen. Storts for PM.

HFPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 04:36 PM
oiler-dude

I hope this is just for the All-Star break, because I really wanna see him play on the 26th and 27th!

GO ZACH!

oiler-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 07:07 PM
Oil

Send a message via AIM to Oil Send a message via MSN to Oil Send a message via Yahoo to Oil
Yeah me too.
I am honesty I'm getting REALLY fed up with all this "call 'em up, send 'em back down" garbage. It's become ridiculous.
Call someone up & freakin' stick with them FFS. Give 'em a bloody chance to get a comfort level happening at this level.
They are rookies for God sakes, give them an opportunity to make their mistakes & learn from them instead of sending them back down after one or two games.

Couple this lunacy with MacT's inability to ice the same forward line 2 shifts in a row & our whole friggin' roster is just a revolving door.

Enough is enough already. Let's go for some STABILITY.

Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 07:20 PM
Trizent

To keep him up when the team has the week off would be waste of time and money.

Trizent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 07:22 PM
JimGunn*

vCash:
Unless your name is peterson, then you can stay up here despite your off nights.

Old
01-21-2007, 08:17 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGunn* View Post
Unless your name is peterson, then you can stay up here despite your off nights.
Great point there!!!

01-21-2007, 08:28 PM
OilRick

vCash: 2375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil View Post
Yeah me too.
I am honesty I'm getting REALLY fed up with all this "call 'em up, send 'em back down" garbage. It's become ridiculous.
Call someone up & freakin' stick with them FFS. Give 'em a bloody chance to get a comfort level happening at this level.
They are rookies for God sakes, give them an opportunity to make their mistakes & learn from them instead of sending them back down after one or two games.

Couple this lunacy with MacT's inability to ice the same forward line 2 shifts in a row & our whole friggin' roster is just a revolving door.

This might belong in the many Parise vs Pouliot threads, but last year Jersey let Parise play, mainly because of cap issues, but he did get the call none the less. I watched him play about 8-10 times last year, and I watched him closely. Mainly to see whether we should have taken him over Pouliot or not. Personally I didn't think he was all that special. He played alright, but he made a lot of mistakes, was out of postion quite often, and missed on quite a few scoring chances. When we played MAP last year I was smiling. He was fast, aggressive, and looked like he had good hands.

When they called him up this year, he looked alright. Not as good as he did last year, but not that bed either. He dried up scoring, and became tenative on the puck. he was sent down. I just wonder if the coaching staff is putting way too much pressure on these kids. They see other rookies making mistakes and getting benched for a week. They make a mistake and they only play three minutes a night. Maybe if they tried to show confidence in them like Jersey did with Parise we'd have a player that could be effective for the Oilers. I mean they tried Winchester, Pouliot, Gilbert, Brodziak (last year),Roy, and none of them seem to be NHL quality. Maybe if they showed a little cofidence and let them play rather then giving Petterson or Harvey 10 minutes a night they might play a little better. Now I've never attended an Oilers practise, and maybe the rookies are laying on the boards telling MacT where to go when he asks them to do drills, but I doubt it. And I do believe that it's pretty hard to judge talent when they only get 3 minutes a night. Parise this year is playing great. I watched him play about 3 times this year and he looks like a differant guy in that uniform. Funny what confindence will do for a player.

OilRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 10:04 PM
GANTRON

To bad I really enjoyed the energy he brought to the ice and the the fans, we was one of the bright spots in a game that had very few of them. I really hope that they recall him after the all-star break

GANTRON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 12:14 AM
metallicat

He better be back.

metallicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 04:41 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 50
all star break so he can get some icetime on the farm

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 07:33 AM
TheDarkestOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by graveyardshift View Post
all star break so he can get some icetime on the farm
The Oilers next game is Jan 26, the Bulldogs next game is Jan 26, so the move has nothing to do with playing but rather to save the EIG a few pennies.

TheDarkestOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 02:38 PM
BleedingOil

vCash: 50
Stortini isn't ready guys..

BleedingOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 02:41 PM
PuckNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingOil View Post
Stortini isn't ready guys..
Depends on what you want of him. If you want an energy guy that can bang some bodies around, then I'd argue that he is ready. But it's hard to tell after one game. I think he'll do more good for the Oilers than harm.

PuckNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 03:06 PM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil View Post
Yeah me too.

Why not send him back? The Oilers don't play till Friday and this gives him playing time.

IMO it makes no sense to leave him here since the Oilers will be given time off for the break!

I actually want to see more of him before I make a determination that he is not ready. I thought he played well and brought a lot of energy to the team which is what you want from a fourth line player.

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 03:08 PM
PuckNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
Why not send him back? The Oilers don't play till Friday and this gives him playing time.

IMO it makes no sense to leave him here since the Oilers will be given time off for the break!
Hamilton doesn't play until Friday. It's a money saving tool.

Old
01-22-2007, 03:09 PM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckNut View Post
Hamilton doesn't play until Friday. It's a money saving tool.
Fair enough but are they practicing?

Either way I have no problem with the Oilers saving money or sending him back to Hamilton for the All-star break.

Old
01-22-2007, 03:11 PM
PuckNut

Quote:
Fair enough but are they practicing?

Either way I have no problem with the Oilers saving money or sending him back to Hamilton for the All-star break.
I'm sure they are practicing, and it only makes sense to send him down for that.

Old
01-22-2007, 03:11 PM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckNut View Post
I'm sure they are practicing, and it only makes sense to send him down for that.
It makes sense to save money. The Oilers are a business and not just a hockey team.

Old
01-22-2007, 03:16 PM
Lessy

Quote:
I actually want to see more of him before I make a determination that he is not ready.
From what I heard today, you might just get to see more of Stortini... apparently there's a good chance he gets a callup once again after the all star game. Just second hand information but I'd consider it almost a sure thing

Lessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 03:19 PM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoll 16 View Post
From what I heard today, you might just get to see more of Stortini... apparently there's a good chance he gets a callup once again after the all star game.
Not surprised at all!

I thought he played very well and he has obviously improved on his skating from the last time I saw him. I am looking forward to him playing more. He is exactly (and no not the only thing) what this team needs a guy willing to get dirty, create energy and stand up for his teammates.

Guy has he worked with any skating coaches?

Old
01-22-2007, 03:33 PM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad Stortini got sent down. His hitting was a breath of fresh air ever since Torres decided to become a perimeter playmaker instead of a hitting/grinding scorer.

I honestly think Torres is scared to hit people now because of the injuries people have had on his hits of late. I can think of no other reason for him to try to become a completely different type of player.

Hire McLellan Draft McDavid. Solidify the D and G
s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 04:20 PM
Alison

Quote:
Not surprised at all!

I thought he played very well and he has obviously improved on his skating from the last time I saw him. I am looking forward to him playing more. He is exactly (and no not the only thing) what this team needs a guy willing to get dirty, create energy and stand up for his teammates.

Guy has he worked with any skating coaches?
Yes both him and Schremp have spent a few summers with a lady instructor out West somewhere (I think Alberta or Saskatchewan). I believe the Oilers organization has arranged this for them. I can not for the life of me remember her name but there was a nice article about it once and about how she already has a few kids and takes on others for the skating lessons in the summer, They become part of her family. Her father I believe was a hockey player as well as her brother.

Alison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 11:56 PM
Jesus

where did that other Zack Stortini thread disappear too?

Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2007, 12:01 AM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison View Post
Yes both him and Schremp have spent a few summers with a lady instructor out West somewhere (I think Alberta or Saskatchewan). I believe the Oilers organization has arranged this for them. I can not for the life of me remember her name but there was a nice article about it once and about how she already has a few kids and takes on others for the skating lessons in the summer, They become part of her family. Her father I believe was a hockey player as well as her brother.
Liane Davis I believe. Hopefully Schremp's skating will improve as much as Zacks has, maybe he'll be off to Saskatchewan again this Summer??? He'll need to really work his tail off to make a push for a roster spot next year.

Bryanbryoil is online now   Reply With Quote