HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

OT- Thank you Montreal!

Old
01-21-2007, 06:11 PM
zts1986

vCash: 500
OT- Thank you Montreal!

Just got back to Buffalo. I just wanted to say thank you to everybody in Montreal. Coming to your city for the first time and knowing very very little french, i did not expect to have that great of a time. The fans are great and the night life is AMAZING. Hung out at Le Club Boom last night. Montreal is a beautiful city. We walked around Old Montreal and it was awe-inspiring.

I am now considering studying abroad at one of the schools up there for a semester, or at least coming back for every sabres game and in the summer.

MERCI!

zts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 06:22 PM
ppil

Quote:
Originally Posted by zts1986 View Post
Just got back to Buffalo. I just wanted to say thank you to everybody in Montreal. Coming to your city for the first time and knowing very very little french, i did not expect to have that great of a time. The fans are great and the night life is AMAZING. Hung out at Le Club Boom last night. Montreal is a beautiful city. We walked around Old Montreal and it was awe-inspiring.

I am now considering studying abroad at one of the schools up there for a semester, or at least coming back for every sabres game and in the summer.

MERCI!
Just tell that to some of the upcoming UFAs please

ppil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 06:28 PM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

that's good to know fellow buffallonian. Too bad it was insanely cold yesterday... I went out and almost had frostbite.

Renholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 06:29 PM
SpreeEndaz

Yeah, I would really like you to explain how great and friendly is Montreal to Daniel Briere.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 06:32 PM
Marc-E-

You went to La Boom... It's not really a good place to hang out. You should go next time at the Baracca on Mont-Royal street or go to La Distillerie on Ontario street. L'Barouf is a good place on St-Laurent.

Marc-E- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 06:38 PM
zts1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renholder View Post
that's good to know fellow buffallonian. Too bad it was insanely cold yesterday... I went out and almost had frostbite.
if you drink enough, the cold will not bother you

Old
01-21-2007, 06:39 PM
zts1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc-E- View Post
You went to La Boom... It's not really a good place to hang out. You should go next time at the Baracca on Mont-Royal street or go to La Distillerie on Ontario street. L'Barouf is a good place on St-Laurent.

My 3 buddies and i just followed these guys we met at the game, they wanted to show us the nightlife.

On a side-note....$10 for those small beers in the Bell Centre? quoi la *****

Old
01-21-2007, 07:52 PM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

ha, i never drink at the bell center. First, I don't drink molson, and second, the food and drink at the bell center is ridiculously expensive.

But yeah, laboom is not the best Club in montreal but there are enough pretty girls in the islands to fit everywhere

Renholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 08:14 PM
Pascal

Quote:

MERCI!

You had poutine right?

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 08:19 PM
badfish
Habs fan in SK

i went to montreal once two years ago.

i've wanted to return every day of my life since. i may be going soon to watch a habs game hopefully

badfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 06:04 AM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

did the what to do in Montreal thread help?

didouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 07:18 AM
ziggy46

i am taking my 14 year old son to the habs leafs game march 17th, anyplace in mind i should show him?...and he loves poutine, where is the best place to get it?

ziggy46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 09:25 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy46 View Post
i am taking my 14 year old son to the habs leafs game march 17th, anyplace in mind i should show him?...and he loves poutine, where is the best place to get it?
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=320467 everything is right here my man....

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 01:26 PM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy46 View Post
If you like smoked meat, Schwartz on St-Laurent.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 01:32 PM
Boxscore
pre-Dead Puck Era

Quote:

MERCI!
I drove up to Montreal for a few days from Philly. We went to Saturday night's game against the Sabres and it was fantastic! I am a Habs and Flyers so I try to come up to Montreal as much as possigle... it is the best city in the world (and an AMAZING HOCKEY CITY). We spent a lot of time on Crescent at Ziggy's, Dundee's and a place called the Old Orchard. We had a blast!

Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote