HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The real problem is we need a #1 Center!

Old
01-23-2007, 01:24 AM
dank

vCash: 500
Drury!

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2007, 01:27 AM
Edge

Anyone know how much money we're still going to have tied into our mediocre defense next season?

We can name off all the names in the world but it might not matter if they cap room isn't there especially if this team wants to re-sign Shanahan.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2007, 01:30 AM
dank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Anyone know how much money we're still going to have tied into our mediocre defense next season?

We can name off all the names in the world but it might not matter if they cap room isn't there especially if this team wants to re-sign Shanahan.
as far as Shanahan is concerned, the question is does he want to come back? i really hope so.

we must start shedding players (read: old slow D-men/Hall/Orr) if we're going to have space for UFA(s)/youth.. somehow i also feel that there is maybe less than a 1% chance Drury leaves Buffalo, especially for us.. anyone have any feelings on Drury?

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2007, 01:47 AM
JRGNYR

Of the centers listed, the only one who really appeals to me is Gomez. Drury would be nice but he's three years older than Gomez, and Gomez plays very well on the stage of MSG.

However, if he asks for 7 years and an NMC, then he can go back to Lou.

JRGNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2007, 02:23 AM
lotus

With Shanahan i would assume he would prefer to stay. So unless slats has a change of mind, im sure he'll be back.

At his age do you think he would want to move his family again? He knew he was taking a risk coming here but he clearly stated he likes the idea of having to prove himself. And if he cant prove himself worthy of the Rangers, im pretty sure he would just retire.

Anyone else get a laugh when they think back to the beginning of the year and hear all the talk about this teams "depth" heh

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2007, 02:38 AM
SML

The real question is will Renney or whoever is coaching this team have enough sack to tell Jagr that he is going to decide how the PP is run and who plays, not Jaromir. For Shanahan to come out in the media and discuss this shows how grave of a situation it is. If they can't get a handle on things, I could see Shanny getting fed up and moving elsewhere.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote