HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Old Habs - Rangers game on NHL Network

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2003, 11:27 AM
gohabsgo2010

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Feb. 1989 - Habs vs. Rangers on NHL Network

For those of you with the NHL network, you may want to flip over to it. They've got an old Habs-Rags game on, and Roy is in net. Just thought I'd spread the word so that we can all enjoy what it's like to win again. :p

Last edited by gohabsgo2010: 12-05-2003 at 12:32 PM.
Old
12-05-2003, 11:31 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
For those of you with the NHL network, you may want to flip over to it. They've got an old Habs-Rags game on, and Roy is in net. Just thought I'd spread the word so that we can all enjoy what it's like to win again. :p
What year? I may have to flip the tube on.

Old
12-05-2003, 11:49 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Did it already start???? Please tell me no! I'm still at work so I can't watch it.

Old
12-05-2003, 12:02 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Game day is Febuary 4th, 1989. 2-1 Rags after 1. Not sure the date, but it's Lafleur on the Rags.

Carbonneau, Chelios, Mcphee, Richer, Bilodeau, Smith, Lemieux, Thibauldault, Corson, Lumme etc.

Not sure who scored our goal, but I think it was Brian Mullen who put the Rags up 2-1. :p

Can Richer ever shoot the puck!

Now 3-2 in the second. Bobby Smith redirects a Mike Keane pass into the back of the net. Boy could be ever use a Larry Robinson.

Last edited by gohabsgo2010: 12-05-2003 at 12:32 PM.
Old
12-05-2003, 01:30 PM
PrairieHabber

Quote:
Game day is Febuary 4th, 1989. 2-1 Rags after 1. Not sure the date, but it's Lafleur on the Rags.

Carbonneau, Chelios, Mcphee, Richer, Bilodeau, Smith, Lemieux, Thibauldault, Corson, Lumme etc.

Not sure who scored our goal, but I think it was Brian Mullen who put the Rags up 2-1. :p

Can Richer ever shoot the puck!

Now 3-2 in the second. Bobby Smith redirects a Mike Keane pass into the back of the net. Boy could be ever use a Larry Robinson.
That was a great team...finished second overall (115 pts if I remember correctly) and first in the conference...went on to lose to the Flames in the Cup final...after leading 2-1 in the series.

Regarding your comment about Robinson, when I saw him make some great passes at the Heritage Classic game I thought we could still use him now. When he played his passes coming out of the Montreal zone seemed to be tape to tape 90% of the time.

Old
12-05-2003, 04:24 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieHabber
That was a great team...finished second overall (115 pts if I remember correctly) and first in the conference...went on to lose to the Flames in the Cup final...after leading 2-1 in the series.

Regarding your comment about Robinson, when I saw him make some great passes at the Heritage Classic game I thought we could still use him now. When he played his passes coming out of the Montreal zone seemed to be tape to tape 90% of the time.
That's Lafleur's first game back in Montreal if I'm not mistaken. He scored two goals on Roy and split the defense on one of them.

Closed Thread