Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Central Europe
Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

Who are the biggest....

Old
02-03-2007, 10:49 PM
javorka

vCash: 500
Who are the biggest....

....rivals in Extraliga? I am guessing Slovan and Košice?

And what are the standings right now? Slovan was in first place for a while, I think, but it seems they haven't been very consistant lately. And for some reason I haven't been able to get the standings on SZLH....

javorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 07:02 AM
slovakfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by javorka View Post
....rivals in Extraliga? I am guessing Slovan and Košice?

And what are the standings right now? Slovan was in first place for a while, I think, but it seems they haven't been very consistant lately. And for some reason I haven't been able to get the standings on SZLH....
here are standings
http://www.hokej.sk/extraliga/ - in table on the right

and slovan is biggest rival to everyone
but bigest rival of slovan are kosice IMO...

Poprad Vs. kosice are east-slovak derby. but there was always good cooperation and friendship between these two clubs. also fans of nitra and kosice are good friends. once fans of nitra was in steelarena and Kosice fans cooperate with them in chanting.
it was
Kosice fans: KOSICE
nitra fans: NITRA
chanting

The best matches was Kosice against trencin IMO. but now is extraliga more balanced.
every team could play well. but Kosice Slovan Trencin then zvolen and e.g. nitra are solid teams.
in the best performance are Kosice now...
Zvolen was beated by weakest teams in league recently. in Slovan is something sick... etc.

slovakfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 04:11 PM
javorka

Slovan has been the best team in the league for many years, right? Which is why everyone wants to beat them, I suppose....

And when you say something in Slovan is sick, do mean literally that the players aren't healthy right now (actually being ill or injury prone) or do you mean there is just something wrong that the team is playing well one game, then terrible the next?

Also, what is your opinion of the rookies on the team like Sersen and Gráčik? Are they contributing the way they were expected to? And what about Baček and Huba?

Old
02-04-2007, 07:36 PM
slovakfan*

Quote:
Slovan has been the best team in the league for many years, right? Which is why everyone wants to beat them, I suppose....

And when you say something in Slovan is sick, do mean literally that the players aren't healthy right now (actually being ill or injury prone) or do you mean there is just something wrong that the team is playing well one game, then terrible the next?

Also, what is your opinion of the rookies on the team like Sersen and Gráčik? Are they contributing the way they were expected to? And what about Baček and Huba?
no this is not the reason why is slovan "MOST HATED" club
it is because Slovan was aided with refree help so many times
most memorable were final matches against kosice (i don't remember in which year )
this year was fulled with refrees "mistakes" that helped Slovan to win "Master Title".
past few years it is not the case why slovan is bigest rival.. now it is mainly because they can build really good team.

in slovan is something sick means that they need e.g. diferent coach. they have zdeno ciger. former good player. but with NO coach experience... i don't know how he get license for coaching A team in Extraliga..
this is only top of it... maybe top of it is doubtful management...
or some things like winning LCD TV for organizer's members of family instead of real fans...
http://www.hokej.sk/clanok46419.htm - there is explanation by general manager....
they admit it but in that way that this is not their mistake
and there are blocked user posts under this article. only one article on this portal where are permited user posts

do you want to continue? or it is enough for now

i heard something about gracik but don't saw him play so many times.. you know after long time Slovak TV began to broadcast matches from Extraliga...
and sersen.. huge defenceman with some potential.. not worth A team in extraliga now, not even mention NHL
no no... just kidding above average defenceman.. in his age... very good performance..
(long time == few years )

Last edited by slovakfan*: 02-04-2007 at 07:41 PM.
Old
02-07-2007, 10:30 AM
javorka

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakfan View Post
no this is not the reason why is slovan "MOST HATED" club
it is because Slovan was aided with refree help so many times
most memorable were final matches against kosice (i don't remember in which year )
this year was fulled with refrees "mistakes" that helped Slovan to win "Master Title".
past few years it is not the case why slovan is bigest rival.. now it is mainly because they can build really good team.

in slovan is something sick means that they need e.g. diferent coach. they have zdeno ciger. former good player. but with NO coach experience... i don't know how he get license for coaching A team in Extraliga..
this is only top of it... maybe top of it is doubtful management...
or some things like winning LCD TV for organizer's members of family instead of real fans...
http://www.hokej.sk/clanok46419.htm - there is explanation by general manager....
they admit it but in that way that this is not their mistake
and there are blocked user posts under this article. only one article on this portal where are permited user posts

do you want to continue? or it is enough for now

i heard something about gracik but don't saw him play so many times.. you know after long time Slovak TV began to broadcast matches from Extraliga...
and sersen.. huge defenceman with some potential.. not worth A team in extraliga now, not even mention NHL
no no... just kidding above average defenceman.. in his age... very good performance..
(long time == few years )
Interesting.....what are the players feeling about all this? They are hoping for a new coach, maybe?

.....Is the Master Title equivalent to the Stanley Cup?

.....And what about Bacek and Huba?

.....Also, why is there such a long break in the schedule right now? There are no games until February 13?

.....Can you tell I'm new to Slovak hockey?

Old
02-07-2007, 11:05 AM
slovakfan*

Quote:
Interesting.....what are the players feeling about all this? They are hoping for a new coach, maybe?

.....Is the Master Title equivalent to the Stanley Cup?

.....And what about Bacek and Huba?

.....Also, why is there such a long break in the schedule right now? There are no games until February 13?

.....Can you tell I'm new to Slovak hockey?
I don't know what players think about coach. It is similiar to gretzky in PHX.
everybody respect him but everybody know that he is not coach for A team
and yes. master of slovak league is equal to stanley cup.
i don't know nothing about Bacek and Huba.
and there is National Team break because of national team will play on Skoda Cup in Bazilej (I suppose switzerland...). ;Germany Austria Switzerland will play there too.
Czechs Fins Sweds.. Russians will play on Euro Hockey tour tournament.
So every nation could have in their national teams players from these countries...

Old
02-07-2007, 07:27 PM
javorka

Thanks for all the info! One last thing....(for today, anyway).....is Sasu Hovi Czech or Slovak? I thought I read that he was playing for the Czech National Team a while ago. Is that right?

Old
02-07-2007, 08:31 PM
slovakfan*

Quote:
Thanks for all the info! One last thing....(for today, anyway).....is Sasu Hovi Czech or Slovak? I thought I read that he was playing for the Czech National Team a while ago. Is that right?
no he is not
hovi is fin

http://www.eurohockey.net/players/sh...e=7&season=107

Last edited by slovakfan*: 02-08-2007 at 10:42 AM.
Old
02-07-2007, 11:52 PM
javorka

Thanks, again.
By the way, I'm sorry you didn't win the LCD TV!

Old
02-08-2007, 10:42 AM
slovakfan*

Quote:
Thanks, again.
By the way, I'm sorry you didn't win the LCD TV!
i am not slovan fan
i am HC Kosice Fan

Old
02-08-2007, 03:23 PM
javorka

Ahhhh, well no LCD TV for you then!