HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Better Be Good Garrioch

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2003, 06:13 AM
officeglen

vCash: 500
The Better Be Good Garrioch

Given all the trade stuff flying about this week, Garrioch’s Sunday column is surprisingly peaceful. Perhaps he’s trying to get into Santa’s nice books so he gets that extra box of double glazed donuts under the tree this year.

The better-be-good Garrioch can be found at:
Look for Jacques deal to get done ... soon

Quote:
There's talk the Sens made a pitch to the Stars for LW Brenden Morrow, but it seems unlikely Dallas would trade the youngster. "I know they're looking for that type of player," said a league source.
Must be a specially observant “league source” – who would guess the Sens are looking for a gritty #1/2 LW?

Quote:
The talk is Edmonton C Mike Comrie could be dealt in the next couple of days. Talks have heated up with Anaheim and the name of OHL-leading scorer Corey Perry, who plays RW for the London Knights, has surfaced. He could go to the Oilers, along with a No. 1 pick. The Kings, Devils, Sharks, Wings and Rangers have also been mentioned as possibilities for Comrie, while Ottawa may have a mild interest.
Forget the Ottawa “mild interest”, that’s just Garrioch adding local colour. So is Comrie for Perry, #1 and Vishnevski a fair deal? Watching the Sharks recently it struck me they need a puck moving player like Comrie, especially if they would consider moving Damphouse (in a separate deal).

Quote:
The Isles have no interest in acquiring Sens C Radek Bonk for C Michael Peca. That's why a deal won't happen. Let's face it, putting Bonk and former Ottawa C Alexei Yashin back in the same room together wouldn't work. The two competed for ice time with the Senators and didn't have much of a relationship off the ice.
Okay Garrioch, over the years you’ve given us Bonk to the Islanders talk. Now you are telling us why it will never happen? I going to put a bad word into a Santa email about you.

Quote:
The Kings have made a pitch to the Rangers for RW Anson Carter. There's talk L.A. could be offering D Jaroslav Modry in return.
I think the Kings will ride the Straka wave first and see where he takes them. Modry was +3 with over 25 minutes of ice time last night, while the game before (3-0 win) was +2 with almost 23 minutes of ice time. I doubt Modry is going anywhere, as he has more value to the Kings than in a trade.

Quote:
The Leafs have stopped shopping RW Darcy Tucker.
No kidding! 8 game win streak, beat Boston 6-0 and Detroit 5-2 in last two games. Hey forget the Santa Claus parade route, start planning for the Cup.

Quote:
The Lightning has held talks with the Isles about D Kenny Jonsson or D Roman Hamrlik. Either would help the Tampa blueline.
It’s good Garrioch put that bit in about helping the Tampa blueline, as we would be otherwise confused, perhaps thinking Tampa would use them in net or to clean the ice between periods.

Quote:
The Kings may have an interest in LW Petr Schastlivy and possibly D Karel Rachunek.
First the Sens are not trading Rachunek. Second, we don’t want Modry. However Schastlivy for Lappy works for us. In fact Schastlivy for anybody who would play works. Schastlivy for a prospect works. Schastlivy for a pick works. Sadly Schastlivy himself doesn’t work.

Quote:
Don't rule out the chance of Joseph ending up with Boston or the Rangers.
Also watch for flying pigs, eating double glazed donuts.

Quote:
An observation from a broadcaster on Washington RW Jaromir Jagr and Yashin: "The worse they play, the more secure they are." .
Except if they get traded for each other.

Have a nice & naughty Sunday.

Old
12-07-2003, 07:11 AM
Foppa

Good stuff office...

I sadly almost look forward to Garrioch's columns just so I can read your commentary

Old
12-07-2003, 08:05 AM
Patty Roy

Vishnovski, Perry and a 1st for Comrie? I'd be pretty darn suprised if the Oilers got that kind of return for Comrie...i would think that Perry and a 1st are about as good as the offers are going to get for now...

Old
12-07-2003, 08:35 AM
Ozy_Flame

Officeglen........Not trading Rachunek? What happened to all the brew-ha-ha about him and Schastlivy going to almost every team in the league on this board in the last year (especially Edmonton)?? C'mon, you can't deny that his name has been the subject of trade talk for quite some time. And second, who says the Sens are getting Modry? You made that up yourself. Last time I checked, I don't think it was the 'Ottawa Rangers' ......

Old
12-07-2003, 08:40 AM
officeglen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame
Officeglen........Not trading Rachunek? What happened to all the brew-ha-ha about him and Schastlivy going to almost every team in the league on this board in the last year (especially Edmonton)?? C'mon, you can't deny that his name has been the subject of trade talk for quite some time. And second, who says the Sens are getting Modry? You made that up yourself. Last time I checked, I don't think it was the 'Ottawa Rangers' ......
"You made that up yourself" - well, yes, I combined the Kings could be offering Modry above, with the Kings interest in Sens players. Getting a step ahead of Garrioch, sorry. As per the TSN article this week, I believe the Sens will not be moving a young D.

Old
12-07-2003, 08:57 AM
punchy1

As well as the Kings having plenty of young D of thier own in the pipeline. No real need for another. They could always use another solid vet but he would have to be an upgrade over Modry who, may not be the best in his own end but he is far from the worst and he is always right up there in total points at the end of the year for defencemen so to a team looking for scoring from thier point who has allot of solid blue line defencemen, Modry would be a great addition. He certainly would be more valuable then the players mentioned. That doesn't mean he will draw more in todays crazy NHL in a deal but he is worth more. Unless it were an upgrade on D there is no real reason for the Kings to move him. Of course, if it were for the right player or package anyone is trade bait.

Old
12-07-2003, 09:14 AM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 0
Quote:
true dat , this should be on the Sens board .

Old
12-07-2003, 09:59 AM
V for Voodoo

Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
Quote:
Muckler said he isnt moving any of the Sens young D. Good enough for you?

Old
12-07-2003, 10:03 AM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen

So is Comrie for Perry, #1 and Vishnevski a fair deal?
The rumor only mentions Perry and a 1st.....
although Oilers fans say that is too little

Old
12-07-2003, 10:43 AM
Ozy_Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
Muckler said he isnt moving any of the Sens young D. Good enough for you?
Ha! I could just as easily say "and Sutter isn't interested in moving Roman Turek." How valid is that? Show me a link, and then I'll believe it.

Old
12-07-2003, 10:50 AM
Spezza

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=33826

glen posted a link from TSN and has quoted the relevant part of the link for you.

Old
12-07-2003, 10:56 AM
Ozy_Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza
http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=33826

glen posted a link from TSN and has quoted the relevant part of the link for you.
Alright, you got me.

Old
12-07-2003, 11:59 AM
BigKing
Spot Picker

modry sucks

Modry was -4 in the Phoenix game last week and played the worst game I have ever seen an NHL d-man play...then he was -2 last Tuesday in St. Louis but should have been -3 because he was directly responsible for a power play goal against. Now he is out there with Palffy/Stumpel/Straka so he will get a bunch of second assists like he did his all-star year because of Allison/Palffy/Deadmarsh. He is going to want a significant raise at the end of this year due to his all-star status and average amount of ice time. Trading him for Carter would fill the Deadmarsh void because he is not going to come back, plus Carter and Allison are supposed to be good buddies. There is also the PR factor of having a very good black player here in the LA market, something I think the hockey market here in SoCal is starving for. Of course, Carter has been rumoured to the Kings for 3 years now, so I don't see it happening..although Modry+Lehoux for Carter would be great. NYR shed payroll and get a cheap d-man who can play 20 minutes a game, plus a decent prospect who can maybe help fill any void there is on the NYR farm after they deal for Jagr. The rumour is that the NYR and LA are not good trading partners because Liewieke had some nasty comments on the way the Rangers do business last year.

Closed Thread