HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kaberle's status?

Old
12-10-2006, 03:47 PM
Bignasti

vCash: 500
Kaberle's status?

I heard last week that he was ahead of schedule and could be back soon. Anyone else heard any update?

Bignasti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 03:53 PM
robotron2084

I heard possibly four weeks.

robotron2084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 02:20 AM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
He's skating and getting his legs back in the no contact jersey, so if we're judging by the timetable that Stillman came back, or will be coming back, then we're probably looking at 2 weeks towards 3 weeks. Not a minute too soon, either.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 07:11 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
Trick Daddy

vCash: 2498
This is accually the first I've heard of him being ahead of schedule (not doubting you guys in the least, I'm just a bit out of the loop right now because of work insanity). This is great news if he is infact a matter of 3-5 weeks from being back. I wonder how our pairings are going to shape up when he is because I can't see them breaking Hedican-Commodore up and both Gleason and Babchuk have been playing VERY well of late. Do we go back to the 7 d-man setup? Do we stick with 6 having Wallin or Wes as the odd man out?

DaveG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 08:05 AM
impeach estaalo
RIPronrefo nevar4get

vCash: 50
As much as I don't want to see it because he's played great, Babchuk will probably sit if we roll six defensemen.

Babchuk is currently our #4 in terms of ice-time, but doesn't get the PK time that Wallin/Wesley (the current #5/6) do. Kaberle also didn't play alot shorthanded last year, so it would only make sense for him to replace someone who plays similar minutes.

Kaberle (05-06)
ES: 13:35
PP: 4:08
SH: 1:53

Babchuk (06-07)

ES: 14:11
PP: 3:09
SH: 1:36

impeach estaalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 08:13 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
Trick Daddy

in a sense that's the very thing I'm afraid of. Babchuk has really been coming into his own this year and I think is on the verge of really establishing himself as a top pairing caliber defenseman. Right now he's a solid top 4 but, as you noted, he's pretymuch playing Kaberle's role right now. The positive is I don't believe he would have to clear waivers to go to the AHL so he can get plenty of top pairing time there if they feel the ice time is needed.

Old
12-11-2006, 03:41 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
I think Wesley sits until Babchuk falters, to be honest. Wesley is no longer at the point in his career where he can play 80 games in a season and be effective for them all. I know Wesley plays big SH minutes, but there are others that can for this team as well.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 04:54 AM
Hanson Brothers

What is the latest info about Kaberle? When will he be back in the line-up? Cheers!

Hanson Brothers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 12:06 PM
Les Ouragans

I would have tended to agree CF, but I dunno, Glen played 24 minutes against the Ducks. I'm like DaveG though, I like the way Babchuk is improving and I think it would be mistake to take him off rotation.

Les Ouragans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 10:53 AM
AVE MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanson Brothers View Post
What is the latest info about Kaberle? When will he be back in the line-up? Cheers!
The last I heard was Mid January. That would mean a week or two away. If that's still the case I'm not sure.

AVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 04:30 PM
robotron2084

Not based on what I saw in practice. He is clearly still not able to take a full out slapshot - it's just a half-hearted looking effort. So he's probably got some more healing to do before they'll really let him rip away at it and then he'll have to "survive" some contact.
I heard the estimate has been revised to the end of January (which is still well ahead of the schedule stated right after his surgery).

robotron2084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 05:37 PM
Citizen Cane
Honoring AAC/11th AF

I remember thinking when it was first announced that it might even be March.

You know, even when he does make it back, he's not going to be performing like he was in June. Stillman is still struggling to get his game back and may for several weeks. Kaberle will take a while too.

I hate to admit it, but my fears about this year may be coming about - that we won't be healthy or playing consistently well until late in the year. If Staal and that line don't start coming on...well, I hope I'm wrong.

Citizen Cane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 02:55 PM
Les Ouragans

Today's N&O blog on Kaberle's return: 'just after the All-Star game, at the earliest.'

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/canes/

Citizen Cane, you live in Orange County NC?

Les Ouragans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 09:33 PM
Citizen Cane
Honoring AAC/11th AF

Yeah, near Hillsborough.

Citizen Cane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 11:35 AM
AVE MAN

Read a report that Kabarle is starting some contact drills in practice. Is it expected that he'll be in the lineup right after the allstar game?

AVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 06:16 AM
swisdan

Yes! he's back. Besides with one goal vs the Habs. I'm very happy with his return.

swisdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 10:25 AM
UBCsalmonslayer
@2Holmes2

Send a message via ICQ to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via AIM to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via MSN to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Yahoo to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Skype™ to UBCsalmonslayer
I noticed Kaberle got upwards of 18 minutes of ice time last game... Since I live on the West Coast, I don't get to see many Canes games but I'm still a Kaberle fan (have him on a few fantasy hockey teams). I was wondering if anyone can comment on the follwing questions:

1) Is Kaberle on the first PP unit?
2) Who is his D partner at even strength and on the PP?
3) How does Franky look in general out there? Skating well, still has hitting the outlet pass bang on, and getting his shot on net on the PP?

Thanks in advance!

UBCsalmonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 11:17 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
Trick Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBCslayer View Post
I noticed Kaberle got upwards of 18 minutes of ice time last game... Since I live on the West Coast, I don't get to see many Canes games but I'm still a Kaberle fan (have him on a few fantasy hockey teams). I was wondering if anyone can comment on the follwing questions:

1) Is Kaberle on the first PP unit?
2) Who is his D partner at even strength and on the PP?
3) How does Franky look in general out there? Skating well, still has hitting the outlet pass bang on, and getting his shot on net on the PP?

Thanks in advance!
1) DEFINITELY
2) the Canes use a 7 d-man system mostly so it rotates throughout the game, but for the most part he's been with one of Gleason, Wallin and Wesley.
3) He's still getting back in game shape but you can tell he's an imediate upgrade over the likes of even guys like Tanabe. A MUCH needed presence for moving the puck on the blueline.