HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sharks in pursuit of Comrie

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-13-2003, 09:09 AM
  #1
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster
 
Buffaloed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 24,934
vCash: 1390
Sharks in pursuit of Comrie

That's the San Jose Sharks, not the loan sharks.
Sharks express interest in Comrie

Sharks GM Doug Wilson comfirms there's been talks.

Buffaloed is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 09:26 AM
  #2
H-Bear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: North Bay ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaloed
That's the San Jose Sharks, not the loan sharks.
Sharks express interest in Comrie

Sharks GM Doug Wilson comfirms there's been talks.
My pessimistic alarm went off when he said he is interested in Comrie, just like he was interested in Drury during the summer, whom of course, they did not get. This could just be more of the same. Too bad, because there are some very nice players on SJ that would be great for EDM.

H-Bear is online now  
Old
11-13-2003, 09:31 AM
  #3
nikeisevil
Registered User
 
nikeisevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Burnaby, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,664
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to nikeisevil
How about?

Patrick Marleau

for

Mike Comrie

nikeisevil is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 09:38 AM
  #4
Jeffrey
Registered User
 
Jeffrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,617
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeisevil
How about?

Patrick Marleau

for

Mike Comrie
useless for SJ IMO

Jeffrey is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 09:38 AM
  #5
H-Bear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: North Bay ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeisevil
How about?

Patrick Marleau

for

Mike Comrie
I very much like a trade centering around these two. His $2.35 million kinda scares me though.

H-Bear is online now  
Old
11-13-2003, 09:41 AM
  #6
deathbear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Manitoba
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,410
vCash: 500
seriously, it just goes to show you that edmonton has no chance of winning in this league if a 2.35 million dollar contract for marleau scares their fans.

i mean, something has to happen. calgary and edmonton cant survive if this is whats going to happen every time one of their prospects becomes a good player three years into their careers.

deathbear is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 09:42 AM
  #7
LawnDemon
Registered User
 
LawnDemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Danger Bay
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeisevil
How about?

Patrick Marleau

for

Mike Comrie
the oilers would do that in a heartbeat but the sharks would not.

what if the oilers were to toss in a mid-tier prospect?
or a 3rd/4th pick?
or horcoff (pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease)?

LawnDemon is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 09:45 AM
  #8
H-Bear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: North Bay ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDemon
the oilers would do that in a heartbeat but the sharks would not.

what if the oilers were to toss in a mid-tier prospect?
or a 3rd/4th pick?
or horcoff (pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease)?
You want Horcoff? You will have to pay BIG TIME !!

How about Comrie, Horcoff for Marleau, Parker, $$ (or late pick - 5th or 6th ish).

H-Bear is online now  
Old
11-13-2003, 09:46 AM
  #9
LawnDemon
Registered User
 
LawnDemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Danger Bay
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by comrie
You want Horcoff? You will have to pay BIG TIME !!

How about Comrie, Horcoff for Marleau, Parker, $$ (or late pick - 5th or 6th ish).
i'm an oiler fan trying to get rid of horcoff.

the guy is terrible - but don't tell the sharks fans.

LawnDemon is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 09:48 AM
  #10
H-Bear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: North Bay ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDemon
i'm an oiler fan trying to get rid of horcoff.

the guy is terrible - but don't tell the sharks fans.
I'm well aware of that ... hence why I offered Horcoff for Parker.

H-Bear is online now  
Old
11-13-2003, 09:56 AM
  #11
LawnDemon
Registered User
 
LawnDemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Danger Bay
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by comrie
I'm well aware of that ... hence why I offered Horcoff for Parker.
well call me mister stupid pants. :p

i'd be happy with ANYTHING for cleary... er... i mean horcoff.

seriously.

old practise jerseys.

ice shavings.

theo fleury.

ANYTHING!

LawnDemon is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 10:03 AM
  #12
Peter
Registered User
 
Peter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Alberta
Posts: 3,662
vCash: 50
How about injury-prone "I haven't quite lived up to my advanced billing" Brad Stuart for Comrie?

Peter is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 10:18 AM
  #13
Wingboy2999
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: Djibouti
Posts: 1,850
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Wingboy2999 Send a message via Yahoo to Wingboy2999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter
How about injury-prone "I haven't quite lived up to my advanced billing" Brad Stuart for Comrie?
That might work. Give the Oilers two young stud d-men (Brewer and Stuart). Not too sure of the needs of the Oilers though so I will let the Oilers fans tackle this one but it seems like it is close. Maybe a little more from SJ.

Wingboy2999 is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 10:21 AM
  #14
Sammy*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingboy2999
That might work. Give the Oilers two young stud d-men (Brewer and Stuart). Not too sure of the needs of the Oilers though so I will let the Oilers fans tackle this one but it seems like it is close. Maybe a little more from SJ.
As an Oiler fan, I agree. Would Ehrhoff be way too much?

Sammy* is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 11:31 AM
  #15
Wingboy2999
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: Djibouti
Posts: 1,850
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Wingboy2999 Send a message via Yahoo to Wingboy2999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy
As an Oiler fan, I agree. Would Ehrhoff be way too much?
I am guessing yes. Not gonna give up 2 d-men they are using.

Wingboy2999 is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 11:35 AM
  #16
Slats432
Registered User
 
Slats432's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,454
vCash: 500
Come on...maybe Lowe can fleece the rookie GM into giving him Marleau and Ehrhoff for Comrie and change.

Slats432 is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 11:36 AM
  #17
Jamie
Registered User
 
Jamie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,547
vCash: 500
As an Oiler fan the guy I'd really like to see coming over is Hannon. Marleau would be nice as well, but I feel like Hannon would fill a bigger void for the Oilers. After all, the Oilers could always go and sign Oates for the remainder of the year while they wait for the rest of the kids to develop. Looking post CBA, I think Hannon would be a much better option for the Oilers as Niinimakii, Pouliet, Mihknov, Stoll and Sarno could all be pushing for center jobs by then, while only a couple of dmen I think could make the team(Lynch) and Smith could be on the way out if the UFA age is lowered. And as far as getting 2 players in that class for Mike and a pick, I highly doubt it. I'd think a one for one deal is much more plausible in this situation.

Just my 2 cents on a Comrie to San Jose deal.

Jamie is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 11:36 AM
  #18
Sammy*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingboy2999
I am guessing yes. Not gonna give up 2 d-men they are using.
Ehrhoff is in the minors.

Sammy* is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 11:41 AM
  #19
Shark Attack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy
As an Oiler fan, I agree. Would Ehrhoff be way too much?
You may get Ehrhoff in a deal for Comrie but not Stuart or Marleau.

CHomp, CHomp

Shark Attack is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 11:57 AM
  #20
Sammy*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
As an Oiler fan the guy I'd really like to see coming over is Hannon. Marleau would be nice as well, but I feel like Hannon would fill a bigger void for the Oilers. After all, the Oilers could always go and sign Oates for the remainder of the year while they wait for the rest of the kids to develop. Looking post CBA, I think Hannon would be a much better option for the Oilers as Niinimakii, Pouliet, Mihknov, Stoll and Sarno could all be pushing for center jobs by then, while only a couple of dmen I think could make the team(Lynch) and Smith could be on the way out if the UFA age is lowered. And as far as getting 2 players in that class for Mike and a pick, I highly doubt it. I'd think a one for one deal is much more plausible in this situation.

Just my 2 cents on a Comrie to San Jose deal.
As much as I like Hannan, in my view the Oilers have got to get offence in the form of an alleged offensive defenseman like Stuart, or an offensive forward.
Guys like Hannan , as good as they are , are a heck of alot easier to find or develop than what a guy like Stuart may turn out to be, or what a Marleau (or Comrie for that matter) already is.
The wild card in all this unfortunatly is Salo has now been so bad for so long, he is probably untradeable. The Oilers therefore seem to maybe need a goalie, & from my perspective, I didnt/dont want the Oilers utilizing an asset (Comrie) to get a goalie if the dont have to.

Sammy* is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 12:08 PM
  #21
speeds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St.Albert
Posts: 6,823
vCash: 500
Personally the guy I'd be interested in is Michalek, but he's probably not available and he's an injury risk until proven recovered from his injury anyways.

EDM was apparantely interested in Goc back at the 01 draft, not sure how high SJ is on him. Erhoff would help, not as much as Hannan or Stuart maybe, but perhaps more available.

items perhaps of interest from an EDM standpoint:

Marleau
Boyes
Stuart
Hannan
Goc
Michalek
Sturm
Erhoff
Fahey
04 picks?

speeds is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 12:12 PM
  #22
FacelessButcher
Registered User
 
FacelessButcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy
As much as I like Hannan, in my view the Oilers have got to get offence in the form of an alleged offensive defenseman like Stuart, or an offensive forward.
Guys like Hannan , as good as they are , are a heck of alot easier to find or develop than what a guy like Stuart may turn out to be, or what a Marleau (or Comrie for that matter) already is.
The wild card in all this unfortunatly is Salo has now been so bad for so long, he is probably untradeable. The Oilers therefore seem to maybe need a goalie, & from my perspective, I didnt/dont want the Oilers utilizing an asset (Comrie) to get a goalie if the dont have to.
Are you an Oiler fan we are one of the top 5 in goals scored, offense is by no means a problem(GA is) and I would love to acquire Hannan.

FacelessButcher is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 12:27 PM
  #23
Sammy*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
Are you an Oiler fan we are one of the top 5 in goals scored, offense is by no means a problem(GA is) and I would love to acquire Hannan.
Yes I am & if you think that that will remain for tommorrow & in the future , I respectivly disagree.

Sammy* is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 01:15 PM
  #24
Peter
Registered User
 
Peter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Alberta
Posts: 3,662
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
Are you an Oiler fan we are one of the top 5 in goals scored, offense is by no means a problem(GA is) and I would love to acquire Hannan.
As a non-Oiler fan I agree with you: scoring is not your major concern. Adding another top 4 d-man certainly is.

While Hannan would be a great addition I don't see SJ giving him up - not in the least. A guy like Stuart though, who has potential but has struggled to meet expectations, is a tradeable guy. And, IMO, a guy the Oilers would want and could use.

A straight Stuart for Comrie deal would be fair in my estimation.

Peter is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 01:34 PM
  #25
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,860
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy
Yes I am & if you think that that will remain for tommorrow & in the future , I respectivly disagree.
The might not remain in the top five, but they sures hell will remain in the top ten with out a doubt. They could also get better, as the only player they have who is over-achieving offensively is Torres. Even if he cools off - Smyth, Dvorak, Isbister and Hemsky should all MORE then make up for that.

I wouldn't mind Stuart, but defensively he isn't exactly an upgrade on anybody we currently have in the lineup so I don't think that'll fly.

thome_26 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.