Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2003, 05:59 PM
theo6060

vCash: 500
Gameday thread: Wild @ Flames, Dec. 5

Wild 9-12-4
Flames 10-8-1-3

Calgary's looked good on home ice so far this season (7-4-1-1). Tough call but I'll go with the Wild 2-1.

Goals by Dupuis and Zyuzin.

Old
12-04-2003, 06:45 PM
ceber

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo6060
Wild 9-12-4
Flames 10-8-1-3

Calgary's looked good on home ice so far this season (7-4-1-1). Tough call but I'll go with the Wild 2-1.

Goals by Dupuis and Zyuzin.
How've the Flames been on the 2nd of back-to-back nights? They're up 2-0 on the Canucks right now.

Star-Tribune has some info on possible scratches:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star-Tribune
Left winger Pierre-Marc Bouchard (fractured left thumb) said he remains day-to-day. He will wear a protective brace around the thumb when he returns. . . . Forward Christoph Brandner is ill and missed practice for a second consecutive day. He won't play tonight. Neither will center Jason Wiemer (charley horse). . . . Rookie winger Brent Burns is suffering from bronchitis. He is listed as questionable.
Flames 4, Wild 2.

Old
12-05-2003, 12:35 AM
fuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber
How've the Flames been on the 2nd of back-to-back nights? They're up 2-0 on the Canucks right now.

Star-Tribune has some info on possible scratches:

Flames 4, Wild 2.

I'm assuming Fernandez will start since the play Vancouver next and Fernandez has been lit up by them this year while Roloson has played well against them. Anyone here anything?

Old
12-05-2003, 05:05 AM
NyCoN
Instant Contender

Wild keep the winning going tonight...

Wild win 3-1

Goals: Gaborik 2, Burns 1

Haven't heard who's starting in net, but the way Fernandez has been playing i'm sure Jacques will stick with him...

Old
12-05-2003, 07:00 PM
ceber

Oof. Well, I didn't expect a win, but this was kind of a sad loss. Calgary clearly had the better team, I thought, but our defense kept us in it. Am I wrong to put a fair bit of blame for that first Flames' goal on Gaborik's shoulders? Why didn't he move his feet?!? One step is all it takes and he's got that puck and pushed it safely into the corner.
Then at the end.. well, with the pressure the Flames had been putting on all game I expected something to happen. But holy crap.. only way that line change could have been worse is if Manny decided to leave the ice too. He was completely hung out on that one. Hope someone buys him dinner tomorrow.
Still, there were some positives in that game. Some great backchecking, solid D. A mistake-free game and I think it would've been another 1-0 win. Too much to hope for a mistake-free game, though. We've gotta get our guys healthy again and start scoring a bit more.

Old
12-05-2003, 07:27 PM
Shin Pad

Wild - Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber
Oof. Well, I didn't expect a win, but this was kind of a sad loss. Calgary clearly had the better team, I thought, but our defense kept us in it. Am I wrong to put a fair bit of blame for that first Flames' goal on Gaborik's shoulders? Why didn't he move his feet?!? One step is all it takes and he's got that puck and pushed it safely into the corner.
Then at the end.. well, with the pressure the Flames had been putting on all game I expected something to happen. But holy crap.. only way that line change could have been worse is if Manny decided to leave the ice too. He was completely hung out on that one. Hope someone buys him dinner tomorrow.
Still, there were some positives in that game. Some great backchecking, solid D. A mistake-free game and I think it would've been another 1-0 win. Too much to hope for a mistake-free game, though. We've gotta get our guys healthy again and start scoring a bit more.
First off, as a Flames fan, Kudos to the Wild - they are one tough team to play against. The difference tonight was the breaks. The Flames play a very similar style to the Wild - it has been very successful. You guys Rock. I'm very happy that the Flames won tonight, but it was a tougher game tonight that against the Canucks. Good luck for the rest of the season - Jacque Lemaire is a great coach.

Closed Thread