HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van/Tam Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2003, 06:01 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

vCash: 500
Van/Tam Proposal

To Tampa Bay:
Tyler Bouck, 4th Round Pick

To Vancouver:
Andre Roy

Reasons:
While Bouck has been one of the best players for the Moose, he just can't crack the Canuck lineup, and it's not fair to keep him down on the farm because of our depth at forward. Moving him to Tampa Bay gives him a decent chance at cracking the fourth line. Andre Roy gives the Canucks a younger scrapper who can lighten the load that veteran Brad May has been dealing with so far this year. The Canucks need toughness, and it's really shown these past two games against Calgary where runs have been taken at Markus Naslund both nights, and no response came whatsoever.

Thoughts or counter proposals?

~Canucklehead~

12-05-2003, 07:55 AM
Timmy1973

Roy is out 7-10 days for a slight strain to his MCL in his left knee I believe. However, Tampa needs a defenseman to replace Nolan Pratt so if the Lightning look to make a deal, it'll most likely be for blueline help.

Old
12-05-2003, 08:35 AM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy1973
However, Tampa needs a defenseman to replace Nolan Pratt so if the Lightning look to make a deal, it'll most likely be for blueline help.
If we're replacing Dmen, I'd rather say goodbye to Lukowich, personally. He's making me nuts lately.

We have more than enough guys who can play on the 4th line and no farm team to stick this guy on anyway, canuckle, sorry.

Old
12-05-2003, 10:20 AM
Hi-wayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy1973
Roy is out 7-10 days for a slight strain to his MCL in his left knee I believe. However, Tampa needs a defenseman to replace Nolan Pratt so if the Lightning look to make a deal, it'll most likely be for blueline help.
What kind of D-man is TB looking for?
right side - left side?
defensive - two way - offensive?
#1 thru #8 defensive position?
prospect - young - experienced?

What would TB want to give in return?

Old
12-05-2003, 10:32 AM
Timmy1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-wayman
What kind of D-man is TB looking for?
right side - left side?
defensive - two way - offensive?
#1 thru #8 defensive position?
prospect - young - experienced?

What would TB want to give in return?
Ideally a two way, left handed shot that could also play point on the powerplay.
There have been a couple of articles come out lately about Roy and Svitov. Roy supposedly asked to be traded if he wasn't going to be in the line-up, but Jay Feaster talked with him and said that the team needed him and he's been playing lately. Today I read a quote from John Tortorella which basically said if Svitov isn't going to play with any energy then he can rot in the minors as far as he's concerned. Draw from that what you may, but that sounds like a pretty strong negative statement to me. Could they deal either of them? I don't know but any GM will say anyone's available for the right deal.

Old
12-05-2003, 01:56 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

We could offer Jiri Slegr. Two-way, left hander. Better at offense than defense, but hey. He's a bit mizzled about his playing time as well, so he and Roy could make for a good swap.

~Canucklehead~

Old
12-05-2003, 02:27 PM
Hi-wayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklehead17
We could offer Jiri Slegr. Two-way, left hander. Better at offense than defense, but hey. He's a bit mizzled about his playing time as well, so he and Roy could make for a good swap.

~Canucklehead~
I'd want a bit more than Roy for Slegr & I doubt the Canucks would be willing to give up Slegr's experience (for the playoffs). A more reasonable & even trade would be Baumgartner for Roy. Though Baumgartner is a natural right side D, he plays both sides, is a decent #5/6 D on most teams and is good on the PP.

Old
12-05-2003, 03:19 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Baumgartner is essentially waiver-wire fodder though, the Bolts probably wouldn't be interested in him for Roy, because Roy is a quality NHLer and enforcer. Obsut maybe? He's playing well on the Moose, and is a left-hander. Or maybe Jokela.

~Canucklehead~

Old
12-05-2003, 03:32 PM
incawg

Quote:
Baumgartner is essentially waiver-wire fodder though, the Bolts probably wouldn't be interested in him for Roy, because Roy is a quality NHLer and enforcer. Obsut maybe? He's playing well on the Moose, and is a left-hander. Or maybe Jokela.

~Canucklehead~
Obsut has signed with the SEL. I'm not sure that trading slegr would work either since he said he only wanted to play in vancouver (but maybe the fact that he's in the press box most nights has changed that?). Somebody like Jokela might work. I really have no idea what Roy's value is.

Old
12-05-2003, 04:08 PM
Burke's Evil Spirit

3rd round pick for Dingman?

Old
12-05-2003, 05:54 PM
Hi-wayman

Quote:

~Canucklehead~
Just because a player clears waivers does not mean other clubs have no interest in that player. The Canucks are very deep in relataively young, quality defensemen & there is little room for a player like Baumgartner, Jokela, Obsut or Slegr except when there is injuries. Baumgartner has been a disappointment only because he was a 1st round draft pick and was expected to develop into much more than he has. Had he been drafted in the 5th round, fans would have been applauding his skill as a solid #5 or #6 NHL D-man. Something that he is. He is much better than either Jokela or Obsut provided he's not expected to step in and challange Jovo or Ohlund for their roster spot.

When Baumgartner cleared waivers in the waiver draft, TB didn't need a left side, two way #5/6 D-man. Times have changed. I'm sure there would be definate interest in Baumgartner if he was placed on waivers now. Equally, when Roy cleared waivers (it's my understanding that he's been up & down between the NHL & AHL also), the Canucks were not interested in acquiring an enforcer. They felt that area was covered by May. They may still do. Also remember that though Roy has some skating talent, his NHL value is still essentually that of a goon & thus a player that has traditionally the least trade value in the NHL. Just around the value of a fringe NHLer/career AHLer D-man. Enforcers generally spend 80% of their NHL careers in the pressbox. When enforcers start to think they are goal scorers they often lose their effectiveness to the team and have to change their nick name to D.B. This is no knock on Roy, but it is reality.

Last edited by Hi-wayman: 12-05-2003 at 05:57 PM.
Old
12-05-2003, 06:46 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Some very good points there...

What would Bolts fans think of Baumgartner + 4th for Andre Roy?

~Canucklehead~

Old
12-05-2003, 11:17 PM
vikingzz

vCash:
Cleared Waivers

Umm... I am 100% positive Baumgartner didn't clear the waiver draft. He was picked up for the penquins and due to the huge amount of depth on the blue line it Pittsberg the Pens waived him only to be picked up and sent down by Burke.

Old
12-05-2003, 11:24 PM
Burke's Evil Spirit

The advantage Tampa Bay gets with trading for Baumgartner is that they could theoretically send him down to the AHL without him passing through waivers. Of course in reality, Tampa Bay can't send him to the AHL! Baumgartner makes little sense for TBay.

Old
12-09-2003, 01:17 PM
Bolthed

Quote:
Some very good points there...

What would Bolts fans think of Baumgartner + 4th for Andre Roy?

~Canucklehead~
Definitely a pass.

Roy is worth more than that. He's more than just a tough guy, he can skate a solid shift (you can even spot him on a scoring line with his big slapper) and he'll give you 15-25 points over a full season.

Roy is a valuable asset for TBay right now. He'll fetch a decent return, considering that toughness is always something GMs overpay for at the deadline. Always.

Old
12-09-2003, 03:33 PM
LaVal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed
He'll fetch a decent return, considering that toughness is always something GMs overpay for at the deadline. Always.
considering he was traded WITH a 6th for Ylonen you shouldn't get your hopes up.

don't expect more than a mid round pick, a mid level prospect, or a fringe NHL'er for him.

Old
12-10-2003, 03:06 AM
Timmy1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit
3rd round pick for Dingman?
Despite what some may think of Chris Dingman, I think he's more valuable over Andre Roy. Roy and Dingman are our only third and fourth line guys that are over two hundred pounds, with the exception of Andreychuk. Dingman has a fulltime roster spot because of the effort he puts out on the ice and we're going to need that if we should make the playoffs.

Old
12-10-2003, 09:14 AM
BrianBurke

The whole goon thing is a bit overrated in today's NHL. The Canucks have enough team toughness to stick up for themselves without bringing a one dimensional tough guy on board. Hell, they just let Darren Langdon walk off in the offseason, so it's obviously not a concern.

As a 'Nucks fan, I'd much rather they keep a spare roster spot for a kid like Ryan Kesler than use it on a fighter.

Closed Thread