HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal - MTL/MIN

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-25-2007, 08:44 AM
  #1
Kostitsyn404*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,691
vCash: 500
Trade Proposal - MTL/MIN

White is injured, he's a bit injury prone and he's a dece center. Koivu is Saku's brother and would make a great addition to the team for the cost.

Minnesota Currently has 5 C's.

MIN:
Koivu, Mikko C Minnesota Wild $902,500.00
White, Todd C Minnesota Wild $1,550,000.00
<Insert Minnesota Salaray Dump for around 1.5Million here> (They've got injuries don't forget)
totaling approx: 3,948,500.00

MTL:
Plekanec, Tomas C Montreal Canadiens $450,000.00
Bonk, Radek C Montreal Canadiens $2,394,000.00
totalling approx: 3,850,000.00
Throw in a pick.

Swap Centers + They Get To Dump Salary, Plus they get a pick. We get Mikko and White, two centers.

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 08:46 AM
  #2
JMMR
Registered User
 
JMMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,359
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Habs wont trade Bonk and Wild will not trade Koivu.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 08:48 AM
  #3
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
Habs wont trade Bonk and Wild will not trade Koivu.
+1

__________________

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 08:48 AM
  #4
Tuggy
Registered User
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,648
vCash: 50
How does trading Bonk make us better? He is our best defensive center.

Why would Minnesota trade Koivu? This trade doesn't make any sense.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 08:48 AM
  #5
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 34,153
vCash: 256
So the Wild trade 1 of their best prospect for Bonk and an average player in Pleks.The Wild would laugh so hard if we would offer this

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 08:49 AM
  #6
Kostitsyn404*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
Habs wont trade Bonk and Wild will not trade Koivu.
Thats why I figured it would actually make a good trade. 2 players neither team wants to trade but benefits for both teams. Wild gets a good pker and replaces both centers, Wild get rid of injury plagued forward. Get two solid guys. Pleks could be a solid 3rd to 4th line C, Bonk could be 2nd or 3rd + PK. I think it would benefit both teams in many ways. They can dump salary because they have Pavol Demitra at like 4+ million.

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 08:52 AM
  #7
Kostitsyn404*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
So the Wild trade 1 of their best prospect for Bonk and an average player in Pleks.The Wild would laugh so hard if we would offer this
Cause it isn't possible for trades to benefit one team more then the other.

Because no GM has ever made any stupid trades before either

Don't make me laugh. Just because you think it's a stupid trade doesn't mean it is and/or will not happen.

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 08:52 AM
  #8
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn404 View Post
White is injured, he's a bit injury prone and he's a dece center. Koivu is Saku's brother and would make a great addition to the team for the cost.

Minnesota Currently has 5 C's.

MIN:
Koivu, Mikko C Minnesota Wild $902,500.00
White, Todd C Minnesota Wild $1,550,000.00
<Insert Minnesota Salaray Dump for around 1.5Million here> (They've got injuries don't forget)
totaling approx: 3,948,500.00

MTL:
Plekanec, Tomas C Montreal Canadiens $450,000.00
Bonk, Radek C Montreal Canadiens $2,394,000.00
totalling approx: 3,850,000.00
Throw in a pick.

Swap Centers + They Get To Dump Salary, Plus they get a pick. We get Mikko and White, two centers.
At best, we could have White to play on that second-line. Just more experience than Plekanec, but not a big upgrade. Maybe, they would get Samsonov out of our hands ..

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 08:52 AM
  #9
beowulf
Not a nice guy.
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,501
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
+1
+2

NO way in hell they trade a great future centerman.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 08:54 AM
  #10
Kostitsyn404*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué View Post
At best, we could have White to play on that second-line. Just more experience than Plekanec, but not a big upgrade. Maybe, they would get Samsonov out of our hands ..
Yeah but nobodies taking Sammy @ 3+million when they have Pavol Dimitra for like 4+ million

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 08:56 AM
  #11
Kostitsyn404*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué View Post
At best, we could have White to play on that second-line. Just more experience than Plekanec, but not a big upgrade. Maybe, they would get Samsonov out of our hands ..
Also, if anything Mikko could be the 2nd line center

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 08:58 AM
  #12
#eleven
Registered User
 
#eleven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
+2

NO way in hell they trade a great future centerman.
+3

#eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 09:03 AM
  #13
Jeffrey
Registered User
 
Jeffrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,515
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
forget koivu !!!
stop looking for other teams young players...
would you guys do a komisarek for kubina trade ???
or a Higgins for Bill Guerin trade ??
NO, wild will keep koivu !

Jeffrey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 09:07 AM
  #14
Tuggy
Registered User
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,648
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
forget koivu !!!
stop looking for other teams young players...
would you guys do a komisarek for kubina trade ???
or a Higgins for Bill Guerin trade ??
NO, wild will keep koivu !
What? You mean other teams don't want to trade all their good young players to us?

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 09:09 AM
  #15
GoneAway
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
I took the time to glance over on the Wild board and their fans seem very high on Mikko (as well they should be.

Sorry 404, I just really don't see this happening with Bonk being a UFA and all. As well, I don't think Minny NEEDS to make this trade...They dont allow very many goals, they need scoring. Therefore Pleks and Bonk don't adress their needs

  Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 09:10 AM
  #16
Drive425
Registered User
 
Drive425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: St Louis Du Haha
Country: Malta
Posts: 1,993
vCash: 500
I would love the Habs to get Rolston...but again it's not going to happen.

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 10:59 AM
  #17
Squeaky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn404 View Post
Thats why I figured it would actually make a good trade. 2 players neither team wants to trade but benefits for both teams. Wild gets a good pker and replaces both centers, Wild get rid of injury plagued forward. Get two solid guys. Pleks could be a solid 3rd to 4th line C, Bonk could be 2nd or 3rd + PK. I think it would benefit both teams in many ways. They can dump salary because they have Pavol Demitra at like 4+ million.
So we get Koivu, by far the most valuable peice in the deal, for years to come, and Minnesota get to miss the playoffs and then have Bonk walk away at the end of the year because he's a UFA? Not gonna happen.

Also, you gotta at least finish the proposal. You can't just toss in a token 1.5 million dollar salary dump, there has to be a name attached to that. Does Minnesota have anyone making 1.5 million they don't want? Also, "a pick" could be the most or the least valuable part of the proposal, depending on what round the pick is in.

Also, White is injured, probably for a while since he's had a cast on his entire right leg. Furthermore, White has been playing most of the year on Minnesota's (debateably) top line with Rolston and Bouchard.

If you really need me to, I can probably come up with a few more reasons why this proposal doesn't work, but you should be convinced by now.

Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 11:05 AM
  #18
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,808
vCash: 500
Don't Minny fans see M. Koivu as their future captain?

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 11:08 AM
  #19
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
What? You mean other teams don't want to trade all their good young players to us?
Don't listen to him! It's all lies!!

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 01:55 PM
  #20
Talent Analyst
Registered User
 
Talent Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 100th years
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,066
vCash: 500
Koivu will cost much because he's young , got talent , ARE SAKU BROTHER and he's big .

They may want Higgins for him and I don't want Higgins to be trade .

Talent Analyst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 01:58 PM
  #21
Penalty Killer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,250
vCash: 500
Lol. I saw "MIN" in the title and thought, "Okay, Koivu and who else?"

Not happening, unfortunately.

Penalty Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 04:06 PM
  #22
Pax Macioretty
Registered User
 
Pax Macioretty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 15,153
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
Habs wont trade Bonk and Wild will not trade Koivu.
Why's that? i would feel very comftorbale putting Lappierre or Pleckanek as the 3rd line center, Bonk is very far from a keeper and we will probably lose him for nothing this summer.If the Wild were stupid enough to do that trade Radek Bonk would be the least of my problems

That pick would have to be a first and a 2nd, minimun

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 04:12 PM
  #23
Little Nilan
Registered User
 
Little Nilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Praha
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 8,209
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume the great! View Post
Why's that? i would feel very comftorbale putting Lappierre or Pleckanek as the 3rd line center, Bonk is very far from a keeper and we will probably lose him for nothing this summer.If the Wild were stupid enough to do that trade Radek Bonk would be the least of my problems

That pick would have to be a first and a 2nd, minimun
Radek Bonk is a significantly better player then Lapierre. He's basically been the most consistent player on the team and his defense has been as good as any third line center in the league. His big body down low would be sorely missed, especially if replaced by Plekanec.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 04:27 PM
  #24
Drive425
Registered User
 
Drive425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: St Louis Du Haha
Country: Malta
Posts: 1,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded and Agrestic View Post
Radek Bonk is a significantly better player then Lapierre. He's basically been the most consistent player on the team and his defense has been as good as any third line center in the league. His big body down low would be sorely missed, especially if replaced by Plekanec.
Took the words right off my key board. I couldn't agree more!!

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 05:13 PM
  #25
HabsRenegade
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Quebec, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 558
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HabsRenegade
Way before checking the thread I knew it would include Mikko Koivu. Drop the thing, there is no chance for this happening.

HabsRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.