HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Team 990: Forsberg to Habs rumour

Old
01-25-2007, 05:42 PM
Habitants

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Wolf View Post
As stated before all this gives the Flyers is Halak (who I would certainly value in any potential trade with the Habs), a move up of about 5-10 draft spots, and Samsonov, who has nothing but negative value to the Flyers. If the rumors of 10+ teams inquiring about Forsberg are true, this offer should be easily beaten.

Take out the 2nd from the Flyers and it looks much better.
fine, throw in Ryder vs Ellison

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 05:43 PM
Riggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCheck View Post

Know anything about a puck or a hockey stick???
I prefer hard-working players who will spend years with the CH like Lapierre. Kostitsyn doesn't float my boat. He's lazy, pretty soft, albeit skilled but doesn't have great speed. He didn't exactly endear himself to Carbo during his callup.

Riggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 05:45 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz View Post
A 2nd isn't going to come back from the flyers. You are talking about moving up in the draft about 5 picks from our 2nd to your first. That's a pointless swap.

If this deal goes down for a player like ryder or samsonov, holmgren should be shot dead. We need a top prospect up front or a steady d-man.
You don't need a goalie ? Halak is the best in the AHL right now and he's just 21. The Habs still have Price in their system.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 05:45 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredez View Post
Ok, some quick calculations of Forsberg's salary for the rest of the year :

Philadelphia has played 47 games which is 0.57 of the year.
Forsberg's annual salary is 5.75M$
Forsberg's salary for the beginning of the year is : 3.28M$
Forsberg's salary for the rest of the year is : 2.47M$

So, if we follow this rumour, the mid level roster player has to have a salary of 1.47M$ and higher for the rest of the year so a annual salary of 3.42M$ or higher (1.95M$ + 1.47M$).

An available mid roster player with a salary of 3.42M$ or higher has to be Sergei Samsonov.
Yeah, but that's if the deal happens now. If the Flyers deal him in late February at or near the deadline, the financial picture is completely different with around ~1M in cap space giving us the ability to add a player with a ~4M cap hit since 3/4's of the season is over by then.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 05:47 PM
Talent Analyst

It can be like Kovalev vs Balej + 2rd round

Forsberg

vs

D'Agostini + 2rd pick

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 05:49 PM
fredez

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz View Post
A 2nd isn't going to come back from the flyers. You are talking about moving up in the draft about 5 picks from our 2nd to your first. That's a pointless swap.

If this deal goes down for a player like ryder or samsonov, holmgren should be shot dead. We need a top prospect up front or a steady d-man.
Don't expect to have too much in return for a 5.57M$ (2.47M$ for the rest of the year) rather old vet who has a lot of problems staying healthy.

A 1st + mid level roster player is probably the max value for Forsberg right now.

fredez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
cjbhab*
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post

Forsberg

vs

D'Agostini + 2rd pick
keep dreaming, lol.

Im watching sportscentre right now and they just talked about who would win the Forsberg sweepstakes and the habs never came up at all, but Dreger is an idiot, so..

cjbhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué View Post
You don't need a goalie ? Halak is the best in the AHL right now and he's just 21. The Habs still have Price in their system.
Halak would definitely be a nice piece.

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 05:51 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredez View Post
Don't expect to have too much in return for a 5.57M$ (2.47M$ for the rest of the year) rather old vet who has a lot of problems staying healthy.

A 1st + mid level roster player is probably the max value for Forsberg right now.
i disagree

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
fredez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post

Forsberg

vs

D'Agostini + 2rd pick
Can't happen, we would go over the cap

Old
Cristobal Huet

Send a message via MSN to Cristobal Huet
Oh my god, we're all blind, not Sergei Samsonov...Alex Kovalev

That would explain the cap space:

Kovalev 4.5
1st rounder
possible mid-roster player (as said on Spector), maybe Rivet?

for

Forsberg 6.0

The wool over my eyes has been lifted, Kovalev was never mentioned in an official rumour this year, so, for all you doubters, maybe Kovalev is on the way out...

This is just a theory.

Cristobal Huet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 05:52 PM
#eleven

If we'd get him mid-February or after, his cap hit would be only 1.5M or less. So big salary dumps wouldn't even be necessary. Btw, does anyone know how much do we have cap space left?

#eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 05:52 PM
Habs4Lyfe
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbhab View Post
keep dreaming, lol.

Im watching sportscentre right now and they just talked about who would win the Forsberg sweepstakes and the habs never came up at all, but Dreger is an idiot, so..
OT a bit...but I work Tech Support here in Toronto and the other day Darren Dreger called to get help with his product and I was lucky enuff to get the call...I swear...I wanted to tell him that I thought he was the biggest moron, but unfortunately I had to keep it professional cuz they record our calls

Habs4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 05:55 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve The Habs Fan View Post
This is just a theory.
That's why you're not Einstein

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 05:57 PM
vancityluongo
undisputed genius

vCash: 1070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve The Habs Fan View Post
Oh my god, we're all blind, not Sergei Samsonov...Alex Kovalev

That would explain the cap space:

Kovalev 4.5
1st rounder
possible mid-roster player (as said on Spector), maybe Rivet?

for

Forsberg 6.0

The wool over my eyes has been lifted, Kovalev was never mentioned in an official rumour this year, so, for all you doubters, maybe Kovalev is on the way out...

This is just a theory.
Overpayment IMHO by us.

There's no guarentee that Forsberg will even be healthy come playoff time.

Just a quick question: Are teams allowed to do something like, Forsberg for Kovalev and a Conditional 1st if we get to the Conference Finals?

vancityluongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 05:57 PM
Cristobal Huet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffonfire View Post
That's why you're not Einstein
I never said I was.

What's wrong with my theory anyway?

Old
01-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Madevilz

why are you all so excited about this? I wouldnt give much for a soon to be UFA player who'll probably get injured after a few games anyway.

Madevilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadfast View Post
I prefer hard-working players who will spend years with the CH like Lapierre. Kostitsyn doesn't float my boat. He's lazy, pretty soft, albeit skilled but doesn't have great speed. He didn't exactly endear himself to Carbo during his callup.
Lazy - that would be why he is one of the hardest working players on the Bulldogs this year. It would also explain why he has made steady improvements to his game throughout his time in Hamilton. Each time he has gone from Montreal to Hamilton, he has picked his game up and worked on the aspects of his game he has been asked to focus on, hence the improvement.

Pretty soft - exactly, can't stand guys who can lay opponents out with their checks or work hard on the boards and come away with the puck. Or guys who can weave through traffic with the puck while they have a defenceman on their back.

Doesn't have great speed - well, he isn't as fast as a guy like Grabovski, that is for sure. But he is hardly even 'average' in terms of speed. He can beat a defenceman to the front of their own net from the outside though, so he's fast enough.

Can't really complain about the rest of your post as its mainly your opinion with the comment about Carbo, which is true, otherwise he might have stayed in Montreal longer. But your analysis of his game is somewhat wide of the mark, as have been a few other comments I've seen posted about AK lately from various people. Apparently his understanding of English is holding him back, yet he gave an English interview to CJAD when he was called up for the first time this year. It's also been said that he has lacked intensity recently, which is news to me. I know not everyone is a fan of the guy but I don't see where some of the recent comments I've seen about him are coming from (unless the answer is 2005, in which case I can understand it somewhat).

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 06:00 PM
Canadienjet

when i see it on tsn or sportsnet they i will believe.

Canadienjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 06:00 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
why are you all so excited about this? I wouldnt give much for a soon to be UFA player who'll probably get injured after a few games anyway.
same...

my offer:

Perezhogin + 2nd pick + Niinimaa(salary dump)

for

Foppa

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 06:02 PM
Cristobal Huet

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfiehabsfan View Post
when i see it on tsn or sportsnet they i will believe.
TSN and Sportscentre are Toronto-biased sports networks.

And what, something from freickin Montreal, the team 990, is less reliable than that leaf-biased crap.

Please.

And no comment about the FAN 590

Old
01-25-2007, 06:04 PM
fredez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
Lazy - that would be why he is one of the hardest working players on the Bulldogs this year. It would also explain why he has made steady improvements to his game throughout his time in Hamilton. Each time he has gone from Montreal to Hamilton, he has picked his game up and worked on the aspects of his game he has been asked to focus on, hence the improvement.

Pretty soft - exactly, can't stand guys who can lay opponents out with their checks or work hard on the boards and come away with the puck. Or guys who can weave through traffic with the puck while they have a defenceman on their back.

Doesn't have great speed - well, he isn't as fast as a guy like Grabovski, that is for sure. But he is hardly even 'average' in terms of speed. He can beat a defenceman to the front of their own net from the outside though, so he's fast enough.
Good post. Way too many people apply the overused and stupid 'European stereotype' around here without seeing the guy play enough to make a judgement.

Old
01-25-2007, 06:05 PM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
fine, throw in Ryder vs Ellison
Considering Ellison will likely never amount to more than an NHL journeyman, that basically amounts to throwing in Ryder to that deal. So, basically Ryder, Halak, a move up of likely around 5 spots, and negative value in Samsonov. Samsonov's negative value more than takes away any positive value that the move up in the draft creates.

That would basically boil down to Halak + Ryder for Forsberg. Doesn't do much for me, to be honest. I'd much rather have a 1st than Ryder, solely considering the Flyers' needs. I still think there are likely better deals out there for the Flyers. I would certainly be pleased to add Halak to the system though.

Besides, I think the ones proposing Ryder or Kovalev are missing the whole point of trading for Forsberg. Obviously it would still improve your team, but you are looking to add to your roster for the playoff run, not to replace guys in your top 6. Why would any team looking for a rental for the playoffs trade their 3rd or 4th leading scorer? They wouldn't. That's why it will almost certainly be picks, prospects, and/or insignificant roster players.

Winston Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 06:06 PM
Habsfunk

The title of this thread is misleading. Unless a deal has actually happened it remains a rumour. I got all excited for a second.

Habsfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 06:09 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfunk View Post
The title of this thread is misleading. Unless a deal has actually happened it remains a rumour. I got all excited for a second.
You're darn right. The title is misleading. IT IS STILL A RUMOR !

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote