HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Very telling comments by Jagr

Old
01-27-2007, 09:51 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Agreed SoS...

that's also why I pitched Immonen as a second line center - even though he's not ideal, I thought him being there allowed other to play more natural positions and the overall result was a better team. Perhaps only marginally better, but when you lose a bunch of games by a goal, marginally could be the difference between making and missing the playoffs. It's about having the best lineup, and I cannot think of any way a lineup would be optimized if Ward is on a top line. Renney doesn't want to bring up kids to play on fourth lines? Fine. Call up Dawes, play him with Shanny and allow Prucha to play with Jagr, where he's had success in the past. Is this that difficult? I have little doubt that Jagr still has a chance of scoring a goal or setting up a goal against Philly even with Ward, especially given the rest, but let's make some sense and use the kids that are down on the farm.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 09:55 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
that's also why I pitched Immonen as a second line center - even though he's not ideal, I thought him being there allowed other to play more natural positions and the overall result was a better team. Perhaps only marginally better, but when you lose a bunch of games by a goal, marginally could be the difference between making and missing the playoffs. It's about having the best lineup, and I cannot think of any way a lineup would be optimized if Ward is on a top line. Renney doesn't want to bring up kids to play on fourth lines? Fine. Call up Dawes, play him with Shanny and allow Prucha to play with Jagr, where he's had success in the past. Is this that difficult? I have little doubt that Jagr still has a chance of scoring a goal or setting up a goal against Philly even with Ward, especially given the rest, but let's make some sense and use the kids that are down on the farm.
Couldn't agree more.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 10:10 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

The weirder thing is...going against the telling comments of Jagr came out another report just yesterday..of how the two (shanny,Jagr) where on two different pages hinting a tigne of locker room troubles..

Old
01-27-2007, 10:16 AM
Prentice*

What kind of 'player,' 'misses,' the All Star game?

Prentice* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 10:19 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgram View Post
What kind of 'player,' 'misses,' the All Star game?
What's that suppose to mean? He did it for the better of the team and himself. To rest his shoulder..make it stronger. We'll see tonight.

Old
01-27-2007, 02:40 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Jagrs strongest game of the season this afternoon?

I think so

He actually looked like a bona fide two way player, and thats next to Forsberg to boot.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 12:27 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Easily his best game of the year! CAPTAIN JAGR!

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 03:52 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Easily his best game of the year! CAPTAIN JAGR!
I agree I didnt get to see the entire game, but from what I was on "Rangers in 60" he looked like a man on a mission. Lets hope it wasnt a one game thing and he will keep up this new found desire.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 06:58 AM
Prentice*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
I agree I didnt get to see the entire game, but from what I was on "Rangers in 60" he looked like a man on a mission. Lets hope it wasnt a one game thing and he will keep up this new found desire.
Unfortunately. Jagr has always carried the stigma of having the 'mood issue.' It's a personality 'thing.' Very unfortunate, for one of the most feared offensive weapons in the NHL.

Prentice* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 10:21 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgram View Post
Unfortunately. Jagr has always carried the stigma of having the 'mood issue.' It's a personality 'thing.' Very unfortunate, for one of the most feared offensive weapons in the NHL.
Thanks for the revelation, good luck on that long trip you said you were going on....

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 04:54 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
Finished checks, terrific defense, shadowed Forsberg at points throughout the game, and we know about the offense

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote