HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Broomball (sticks) options explored...

Old
01-26-2007, 01:36 AM
sushinsky4tsar

vCash: 500
Broomball (sticks) options explored...

The Dilemma: I think I have a game of broomball going on our pond this weekend. It will probably be 3-on-3. I'm probably going to be the only person with a stick. I do have 6 hockey sticks if we wanted to do boot hockey, but this is a situation where I think broomball would be a lot more fun for all involved.

All of the used sporting goods stores around our place always sell their reasonably priced recycled wooden broomball sticks in mass to local organized leagues. I don't want to shell out $20-25 a stick just to get enough on hand.

Does anybody have any solutions? The obvious answer is to use actual brooms. What's the best way to go there? Get the ones that are really tightly wound up top, cut off the bottom with shears, and duct tape the bottom tight?

Has anybody manufactured their own wooden sticks? I haven't been able to find any spare "broom" segments.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Right now I'm leaning towards splurging on another stick, letting the defensemen use hockey sticks, and having the goalie go bare.

sushinsky4tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 05:34 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

vCash: 500
I personally liked finding a tightly wound broom and then duct taping the crap out of it to make sure it didn't fall apart while playing. If you have the money to spend, get a restaurant quality broom.

But then again, whenever I played broom ball we had to play around a huge keg o beer at center ice.

Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote