HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Worst trade in franchise history?

Old
01-30-2007, 08:58 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 0
I think the biggest problem with the Luongo deal is the fact most people believe that Keenen did not shop Luongo as much as he should have

Bertuzzi heading towards UFA is the biggest problem I would have with the deal is i was panther fan

Why?

You give up your best player--you don't want to be getting a guy back who is heading into UFA grounds

but that is just me

Panthers could have gotten atleast one 1st rounder if not 2

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 09:41 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by graveyardshift View Post
I think the biggest problem with the Luongo deal is the fact most people believe that Keenen did not shop Luongo as much as he should have

Bertuzzi heading towards UFA is the biggest problem I would have with the deal is i was panther fan

Why?

You give up your best player--you don't want to be getting a guy back who is heading into UFA grounds

but that is just me

Panthers could have gotten atleast one 1st rounder if not 2
Agree 100%. No prospects. No picks.

angry_treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 04:30 PM
PANTHERS OWN YOU*

wait a second! i think we all forgot about how stupid Huselius for Montador was! Huselius was going to get big, and now he is on calgary and doing great. 21 goals 22 assists, thats got to be worth atleast 15 panthers goals right? come on that was a stupid trade

PANTHERS OWN YOU* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 04:33 PM
Panthers Rock
Oh...Yeah ;)

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by PANTHERS OWN YOU View Post
wait a second! i think we all forgot about how stupid Huselius for Montador was! Huselius was going to get big, and now he is on calgary and doing great. 21 goals 22 assists, thats got to be worth atleast 15 panthers goals right? come on that was a stupid trade
No I would still trade him today. He succeeds there because Calgary is a STRONG defensive minded team. Excellent goaltending and defense that far outweighs ours. Plus some good defensive forwards to boot.

Huselius was an extreme defensive liability here. He would constantly cough up the puck and was "Useless" in his own zone. He also wasn't even that offensive when we had him, he had trouble even repeating his rookie season. Maybe Keenan killed that, but Huselius + Panthers was no longer a good fit.

Maybe we could have gotten more, I don't know (also got Dustin Johner though I'm sure he'll never see the NHL). Could be worse though, if not for Montador who would fight?

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Panthers Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 04:36 PM
PANTHERS OWN YOU*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
No I would still trade him today. He succeeds there because Calgary is a STRONG defensive minded team. Excellent goaltending and defense that far outweighs ours. Plus some good defensive forwards to boot.

Huselius was an extreme defensive liability here. He would constantly cough up the puck and was "Useless" in his own zone. He also wasn't even that offensive when we had him, he had trouble even repeating his rookie season. Maybe Keenan killed that, but Huselius + Panthers was no longer a good fit.

Maybe we could have gotten more, I don't know (also got Dustin Johner though I'm sure he'll never see the NHL). Could be worse though, if not for Montador who would fight?
thats what nhl 2k5 called him, "huseless" but i get ur point thats why i said at least 15 panthers goals. and ummm yeah who would you rather have huselius or gratton cuz im sure at the time we couldve gotten away with tradin gratton for montador..

Old
01-30-2007, 04:40 PM
Panthers Rock
Oh...Yeah ;)

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by PANTHERS OWN YOU View Post
thats what nhl 2k5 called him, "huseless" but i get ur point thats why i said at least 15 panthers goals. and ummm yeah who would you rather have huselius or gratton cuz im sure at the time we couldve gotten away with tradin gratton for montador..
Yeah maybe but at the time, Gratton was/or rather was going to really click with Jon Sim and they created an awesome tandem. There's a reason we beat Washington 7-1 in the season series last year.

Gratton has fallen down though this year for many reasons and Huselius was not doing that great I think earlier this season or something. I'm not aware of if he was a factor in the playoffs either. At the time, the trade made plenty of sense but things will change. I still wouldn't want him back is all I'm saying.

Remember, Huselius went through waivers and no one picked him up, so be glad we got Montador at all.

Panthers Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 04:46 PM
PANTHERS OWN YOU*

okies, any1 wanna tell me why the panthers are so dirt poor?

Old
02-03-2007, 03:12 PM
Krieger99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
I'm not aware of if he was a factor in the playoffs either.
Huselius was pretty good in the playoffs last year, with 6 points in 7 games. He was inconsistant last season, however, but is much more consistant this year. He has the odd off game, but that's rare instead of half the games he plays (like last season). He has an 11 game points streak going right now, with 17 points in those games. He's really improved defensively since coming here, and creates a lot of scoring chances on good defensive plays, and gets some shorthanded goals as well because of his solid penalty killing.

Krieger99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 03:23 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krieger99 View Post
Huselius was pretty good in the playoffs last year, with 6 points in 7 games. He was inconsistant last season, however, but is much more consistant this year. He has the odd off game, but that's rare instead of half the games he plays (like last season). He has an 11 game points streak going right now, with 17 points in those games. He's really improved defensively since coming here, and creates a lot of scoring chances on good defensive plays, and gets some shorthanded goals as well because of his solid penalty killing.
that was very disappointing. might wind up in the top 5. we got a gritty but marginal 6/7 Dman and give up a guy who, less than a year later, is a point per game guy, a plus 16 and has a shooting percentage nearly 3x (.222 vs .089) that of our leading scorer.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote