HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Looks Like Our Chances of Landing Pitkanen Went Up...

Old
01-26-2007, 06:21 AM
hfboardsuser

vCash: 500
Looks Like Our Chances of Landing Pitkanen Went Up...

Pitkanen slacks; Fedoruk punches him in face.

All kidding aside, this will either be the spark that makes Joni a Flyer for life, or the final straw that makes him demand a trade.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 06:46 AM
dynastydays

Can you say Bobby Clarke puppet?

his sound bites were as rehearsed as pat sajak consoling a final round loser. Hopefully this is the breaking point in Philly's patience with the kid. todd fedoruk looked a heck of a lot like val bure there.

dynastydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 07:48 AM
PuckNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
He's not getting traded
What if we ask nicely?

PuckNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 07:48 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 450
He's not getting traded.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 07:53 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckNut View Post
What if we ask nicely?
Well if he demands one, I can assure you, you wouldn't want him either. That would be mighty big of a guy that when he runs into criticism and adversity he demands a trade. I wouldn't want a guy like that on my team.

Old
01-26-2007, 07:56 AM
Wisent

I can`t believe that Fedoruk isn`t getting any fine for that. Talk about getting identity back. Yeah, I would love to play with someone like that.

Wisent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 07:58 AM
PuckNut

Quote:
Well if he demands one, I can assure you, you wouldn't want him either. That would be mighty big of a guy that when he runs into criticism and adversity he demands a trade. I wouldn't want a guy like that on my team.
Yeah, I think the Oilers have had enough of people demanding trades for a little while.

Old
01-26-2007, 08:19 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisent View Post
I can`t believe that Fedoruk isn`t getting any fine for that. Talk about getting identity back. Yeah, I would love to play with someone like that.
If it wasn't for Fedoruk, this team would be a bigger joke than it already is. He should punch half the team in the face if it wakes them up.

Old
01-26-2007, 08:20 AM
PuckNut

Quote:
If it wasn't for Fedoruk, this team would be a bigger joke than it already is. He should punch half the team in the face if it wakes them up.
How many has he punched so far? It's two, right? I do agree with you though. Something's gotta wake that team up. There is really no reason for them to be that bad.

Old
01-26-2007, 10:13 AM
Arcane

there should be a guy that's for hire that comes to hockey teams and punches people in the face.

He would be a busy guy in Edmonton:
Craig Simpson
Jason Smith
Ales Hemsky
Lupul
Torres
Bergeron

Could you imagine it? crisp passes out of the zone, no more games that end up as Giveaways: ED = 34, Opponent = 4, A decent powerplay

I would certainly give this guy some of my money.

Arcane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Traktor*

Quote:
Who the hell is Fedoruk again? If some plug on the oilers punched Hemsky in the face he would be gone from the team, as should Fedoruk. Yah.. that's going to be great for team moral.

Pitkanen is playing like ****, a good teammate would help him out, see what's the matter with him. Punching him in the face is just goint to make him more unconfertable, it's going to make going to practice that much harder, (he playing on the worst team in the NHL, and he is getting beat up in practice, why the hell would he want to be in that environment?) and last and more importantly that is going to sink his confidence to an all time low. Great move Fedoruk, why don't you have the C yet?

If Pitkanen demands a trade, we will want him. Joni is playing for a crap team, with crap coaches, and is getting ridaculed by fans and beat up by his own teammates. Why wouldn't he want a trade? If you want to call it running and hiding from a bad situation go ahead. I'll take Joni with open arms, and you can lock up Fedoruk to a long term contract since he is soo great and above the team.

That said, sometimes a punch in the face is the best thing that could happen to someone, wake them up, but I think Joni is the last person on earth that this would help out. He is already playing with no confidence and this will just compound the problem.

and 2nd... at least Fedoruk cares.. stupid thing to do, but it's better to do something than nothing. I don't mind the passion, and the action I just this will hurt Joni's confidence even more.

Last edited by Traktor*: 01-26-2007 at 12:23 PM.
Traktor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 12:33 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynastydays View Post
Can you say Bobby Clarke puppet?

his sound bites were as rehearsed as pat sajak consoling a final round loser. Hopefully this is the breaking point in Philly's patience with the kid. todd fedoruk looked a heck of a lot like val bure there.
Would you say the same about Staios if he let Lupul know what's what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traktor View Post
Who the hell is Fedoruk again? If some plug on the oilers punched Hemsky in the face he would be gone from the team, as should Fedoruk. Yah.. that's going to be great for team moral.

Pitkanen is playing like ****, a good teammate would help him out, see what's the matter with him. Punching him in the face is just goint to make him more unconfertable, it's going to make going to practice that much harder, (he playing on the worst team in the NHL, and he is getting beat up in practice, why the hell would he want to be in that environment?) and last and more importantly that is going to sink his confidence to an all time low. Great move Fedoruk, why don't you have the C yet?

If Pitkanen demands a trade, we will want him. Joni is playing for a crap team, with crap coaches, and is getting ridaculed by fans and beat up by his own teammates. Why wouldn't he want a trade? If you want to call it running and hiding from a bad situation go ahead. I'll take Joni with open arms, and you can lock up Fedoruk to a long term contract since he is soo great and above the team.

That said, sometimes a punch in the face is the best thing that could happen to someone, wake the up, but I think Joni is the last person on earth that this would help out. He is already playing with no confidence and this will just compound the problem.
Pretend you're Fedoruk for a second. Up until last year, his entire career has been taking punches in the face and giving a few for the teammates around him. He's had the bones in his face twice broken, which have required steel plates to fix, and concussions to match. Those are the kind of sacrifices this guy makes for his teammates, and now some underachieving youngin wants to mouth of to him? Nah. **** that.

Last edited by Roger's Pancreas*: 01-26-2007 at 12:45 PM.
Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 12:43 PM
dubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post

Pitkanen slacks; Fedoruk punches him in face.

All kidding aside, this will either be the spark that makes Joni a Flyer for life, or the final straw that makes him demand a trade.
I would guess our chances of landing Fedoruk went up more.

dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 01:04 PM
Matsi
got paws?

I can't understand how anyone can have an understanding for Fedoruk's action. It was plain dumb.

You simply don't go after a teammate and punch him in the face... another indication for the huge mess this team is!

A few guys have been doing their job very fine, kudos to them, having anykind of motivation on such a horrible team!

Matsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 01:30 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger's Pancreas View Post
Pretend you're Fedoruk for a second. Up until last year, his entire career has been taking punches in the face and giving a few for the teammates around him. He's had the bones in his face twice broken, which have required steel plates to fix, and concussions to match. Those are the kind of sacrifices this guy makes for his teammates, and now some underachieving youngin wants to mouth of to him? Nah. **** that.
I can see where Fedoruk is coming from. There's 35 games left and they're already out of the playoff race. But it doesn't matter - they're professionals. They're still getting paid to do what they do, and they have to have the commitment to do so.

Yes, Pitkanen is the better player. Yes, he's a youngster lacking in confidence. But this is the type of leadership that's needed for an underachieving team like the Flyers. Perhaps a punch in the face isn't the most polite way of doing it - but Messier did the same thing when according to one story, he grabbed a player by the scruff of the jersey and had a "heart-to-heart" with him.

It also sends a message to the other players, of what is acceptable and what isn't. And Fedoruk has certainly paid his dues.

Master Lok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 06:50 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 50
Quote:
He's not getting traded.

Well

if we ask very nicely
they will Torres and a 2nd rounder

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 06:56 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traktor View Post

That said, sometimes a punch in the face is the best thing that could happen to someone, wake them up, but I think Joni is the last person on earth that this would help out. He is already playing with no confidence and this will just compound the problem.

and 2nd... at least Fedoruk cares.. stupid thing to do, but it's better to do something than nothing. I don't mind the passion, and the action I just this will hurt Joni's confidence even more.
They've already cleared the air. That's what good teammates do. Teammates consider each other like brothers and sometimes brothers fight.

I don't know who does or doesn't do it, but if you watched the trash I get to watch every night, you'd understand why this was done. A similar situation happened earlier this season with Fedoruk, Ryan Potulny and Stefan Ruzicka. Potulny and Ruzicka (two rookies) were off the ice before most of the veterans and Fedoruk made them go out and clean up the pucks. Potulny went, and Ruzicka didn't. Potulny is still in the NHL, and doing well. Ruzicka played like crap and is back in the AHL.

Old
01-26-2007, 06:57 PM
Bring Back Bucky

vCash: 968
Quote:
They've already cleared the air. That's what good teammates do. Teammates consider each other like brothers and sometimes brothers fight.
when they're twelve, maybe

Bring Back Bucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 06:58 PM
Oi'll say!
Go Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevefromYellowstone View Post
there should be a guy that's for hire that comes to hockey teams and punches people in the face.

He would be a busy guy in Edmonton:
LMAO.

I'd have a different list though.

Oi'll say! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 06:59 PM
flyersfan97

I wasn't aware you had a chance of landing Pitkanen at all...do tell.

As for 'landing him' your best chance is in the off-season, he only signed a one year deal before the season. Good luck, great player tons of potential, which he has refused to utilize this year. I don't care that he's on a crap team, he's losing a ton of one on one battles and that really has very little to do with the team as a whole.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 07:00 PM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

I don't agree with violence used to motivate or "wake up" a struggling player. Although, Fedoruk probably could have been saying something to him point blank, and Pitkanen mouthed off to him. I'm in the military, and I sometimes have to motivate a younger co-worker, if they were to get mouthy...BAM!!! That usually sorts them out.

Did you notice though, after Pitkanen got smacked, nobody around really seemed to care or look to see if Pitkanen was alright?

razorsedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 07:07 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorsedge View Post
Did you notice though, after Pitkanen got smacked, nobody around really seemed to care or look to see if Pitkanen was alright?

It wasn't like Fedourk jumped him or used brass knucks. But otherwise, knowing this team, not suprising. Fedoruk is here to make people accountable. He's the only real vocal leader on the team. Sami Kapanen tried and he got looked at like the uncle at the family reunion no one wants to talk to.

Old
01-26-2007, 07:08 PM
Bring Back Bucky

vCash: 968
Quote:
It wasn't like Fedourk jumped him or used brass knucks. But otherwise, knowing this team, not suprising. Fedoruk is here to make people accountable. He's the only real vocal leader on the team. Sami Kapanen tried and he got looked at like the uncle at the family reunion no one wants to talk to.

Was he stunk up on cheap bourbon??

Bring Back Bucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 07:20 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
I don't agree with violence used to motivate or "wake up" a struggling player. Although, Fedoruk probably could have been saying something to him point blank, and Pitkanen mouthed off to him. I'm in the military, and I sometimes have to motivate a younger co-worker, if they were to get mouthy...BAM!!! That usually sorts them out.

Turns out everyone was way off. Pitkanen hit Fedoruk in the exact same spot as when Boogaard broke his face. Fedoruk took offence and smacked him one. He went on record saying that he lost his cool not too long ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514

Dude's five foot ten. I'd have a hard time taking that face serious, too.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 09:23 PM
flyersfan97

Quote:

I posted the same exact thing on our forum and another Flyers fan, "what were they supposed to do get up and dance" or something like that. I agree with you 150+%. The fact that no one except Hatcher seemed to even bat an eye speaks volumes about this team IMO.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote