HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Looks Like Our Chances of Landing Pitkanen Went Up...

Old
01-26-2007, 11:01 PM
CB420

vCash: 500
The oilers could use some of that emotion in practice... maybe throw a haymaker in lupul direction... up side the head, lol, honestly though I dont want Pitkanen here, he's decent, passer, he has only 1 goal this year 24 points in 42 games, btw... 0 goals 5 assists in 21 career playoff games... for an offensive defenseman , even though phillys gone through a brutal year, and alot of players are deep in minus- stat...If we can get Pitkanen for lupul and a draft pick, sure that might work.

CB420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 12:36 AM
canadave

All I can say to those who think Fedoruk is some kind of hero for "showing leadership" is...somehow I can't see Steve Yzerman, Joe Sakic, or Mark Messier punching a teammate in the face at practice.

canadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 01:03 AM
Silver

Did Semenko ever punch Lowe in the face in the glory years?

Would the rest of the team had stood around like statues if he had? That team is more dysfunctional than the Lohan family...

Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 02:49 AM
Wisent

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
If it wasn't for Fedoruk, this team would be a bigger joke than it already is. He should punch half the team in the face if it wakes them up.
Seriously, that is not the way to do it. I can tell you, if I was Pitkänen and would have to play in such a poisoned atmosphere, I would not give everything. No one even cared or showed a reaction. It is just weird to me.

Wisent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 04:16 AM
DuckyCanuck

hahahah flyers

DuckyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 06:38 AM
alanschu

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadave View Post
All I can say to those who think Fedoruk is some kind of hero for "showing leadership" is...somehow I can't see Steve Yzerman, Joe Sakic, or Mark Messier punching a teammate in the face at practice.
Actually I think Mark Messier did just that to Nilsson back in the day. Maybe not a punch, but definitely physical abuse.

But to be honest, I think Mark Messier is overrated as a leader personally. I agree wholeheartedly that neither Yzerman nor Sakic would do that.

alanschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 06:53 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisent View Post
Seriously, that is not the way to do it. I can tell you, if I was Pitkänen and would have to play in such a poisoned atmosphere, I would not give everything. No one even cared or showed a reaction. It is just weird to me.
Fedoruk is one of the few guys who does give it 100% every night. No one on the team or the organization or anywhere has had a thing bad to say about Fedoruk because he is the one leading by example. It would be different if he was some goon with no talent who didn't belong on the ice but he isn't. If Pitkanen played with half the heart and emotion that Fedoruk has this season we wouldn't be as horrible as we are.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 09:24 AM
OntOilFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyCanuck View Post
hahahah flyers
The Flyers are about the only team Oiler fans can laugh at these days.

OntOilFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 09:24 AM
OntOilFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB420 View Post
The oilers could use some of that emotion in practice... maybe throw a haymaker in lupul direction... up side the head, lol, honestly though I dont want Pitkanen here, he's decent, passer, he has only 1 goal this year 24 points in 42 games, btw... 0 goals 5 assists in 21 career playoff games... for an offensive defenseman , even though phillys gone through a brutal year, and alot of players are deep in minus- stat...If we can get Pitkanen for lupul and a draft pick, sure that might work.
You don't want Joni Pitkanen as an Oiler?

Well, it *does* say 420 in your name ...

OntOilFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 09:57 AM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntOilFan View Post
The Flyers are about the only team Oiler fans can laugh at these days.
Glad we could be helpful.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 11:44 AM
Tyrolean

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB420 View Post
He is precisely the type of player the Oilers should go after. A good player having one bad year is due to rebound sometime soon. If you consistently want good players having good years it will cost you a lot. always look for underrated players as they give you the best bang for the buck. Remember no one wants to give good players for your garbage.

Tyrolean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 12:20 PM
dynastydays

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Fedoruk is one of the few guys who does give it 100% every night. No one on the team or the organization or anywhere has had a thing bad to say about Fedoruk because he is the one leading by example. It would be different if he was some goon with no talent who didn't belong on the ice but he isn't. If Pitkanen played with half the heart and emotion that Fedoruk has this season we wouldn't be as horrible as we are.
Which i why I said he is Bobby Clarkes puppet. That was definitely a suggestion from Clarke to his proud lap dog. Guys like Pitkanen make BC lose sleep at night.

dynastydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 02:53 PM
Slats432

Some of you have to be kidding. As a teammate, depending on the reason he hit him, because that is the important part. Maybe JP make a comment that initiated that punch.

What if he said..."not like the drill matters, this team sucks anyways."

I would have punched him in the face if he was my teammate. We talk here about guys seated between Gator and Moreau and them being leadershipped into playing better.

Fedoruk does what we talk about, and people put it down. If it was called for, then JP got what he deserved. If it wasn't then Feds should be in the PB for a couple games to get his head straight.

Slats432 is offline   Reply With Quote