HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Out of curiosity...

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2003, 10:52 AM
Impossibles

vCash: 500
Out of curiosity...

I've seen Tony Salmelainen play a couple times this year, and a couple times last year on hamilton (all on TV), and absolutely love this guy. He skates like the wind, busts his arse every shift, and seems to have decent offensive skills.

However, it seems that the Oilers already have a couple of these smallish, spark-plug type players (Torres) , so is there room for him in the line-up long term?

If not, what do oilers fans think would be fair compensation? (fron the canucks)

Just curious, I'm in know way suggesting this will ever happen (same division and all)

Old
12-05-2003, 10:57 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
There is certainly room for Salmo long term.

While Salmo is a little on the smaller side 5'9 180, Torres is by no means small (6' 210). Salmo has speed to burn, and he actually uses it to its fullest advantage. If he can't find an offensive element to his game, I'd love to see him adopt a Tikkanen mentality... I think he would be awesome like that.

Old
12-05-2003, 11:48 AM
Slats432

RJ Umberger.

Closed Thread