HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Stuart the anwser?

Old
01-27-2007, 12:41 PM
Tyrolean

vCash: 500
I think he wants to go back to San Jose as his wife is from there. I think there is no chance we can sign him long term if we get him.

Tyrolean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 01:22 PM
Digger12

If Stuart is supposed to be the answer, then I think we're asking the wrong question.

Digger12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 03:03 PM
Oilerdiehard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
Then the Bruins must be terrible at scoring on the rush because Stuart only has 9 assists this year.
I hate to break it to you but we had one of the best break out pass guys in the league with Pronger. Guess what he had one of the lowest even strength scoring totals on the team. Jason Smith had more Even Strength points than Pronger. A great break out pass does mean you pick up a point on the rush unless someone goes end to end and scores. If it did mean instant points than Pronger should have had waaay more points last season.

Here is a look at the lower portion of the team in Even Strength scoring from last season:

ETHAN MOREAU 16 points
JASON SMITH 15 points
CHRIS PRONGER 14 points
MICHAEL PECA 13 points
GEORGES LARAQUE 12 points

Pronger had 2 goals and 12 assists (14 points) at Even Strength and Brad Stuart currently has 6 goals and 7 assists (13 points) at Even Strength a little over half way through the season so Brad is already easily on track to surpass the mighty Prongs from last season and Stuart's assist totals off of "the rush" are right on to match Prongers.

So your point was? Maybe it was that Pronger was not good at the break out pass or? If you think the break out pass can only be measured in assists you are sadly mistaken.

I am not saying Stuart is the answer to everything but he certainly would be a big boost to an area we are horrible at. Also on the PP he would not have Chara, Mara and Patrice Bergeron to compete for point ice time against.

Oilerdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote