2007 Draft projections ???

Old
01-26-2007, 10:31 AM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
2007 Draft projections ???

I am of the opinion that the Bruins will soon be sellers. I think the chances of getting into the playoffs are slim and advancing improbable.

There are plenty of trade threads. This isn't one of them.

I want to know who the kids are that project to go say 10 to 14 or there abouts since that's where I think the Broons will be drafting.

So, who are they ? Upsides and downsides ? Grit ?

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 10:38 AM
ORR2Sanderson2ORR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
I am of the opinion that the Bruins will soon be sellers. I think the chances of getting into the playoffs are slim and advancing improbable.

There are plenty of trade threads. This isn't one of them.

I want to know who the kids are that project to go say 10 to 14 or there abouts since that's where I think the Broons will be drafting.

So, who are they ? Upsides and downsides ? Grit ?

I would love to see the Bruins get Patrick Kane he's not goig to fall that low but the kids got game in a big way.If the Bruins fall in the top ten I'd hope they do all thats possible to get this kid.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 10:38 AM
Kalus

Not convinced the Bruins will be sellers, but I'd be pretty excited if there was a tough and skilled forward in the Bruins' draft range.

I know they draft the BPA and not soley on need, but a player like that would be great. Maybe another Okposo type or something.

Kalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 10:41 AM
BruinInTexas

I would love Zach Hamill

BruinInTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 10:41 AM
Bruins420

this has got the names and rankings for europe canada and us

http://www.nhl.com/futures/index.html

Bruins420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 10:44 AM
Bruins420

15 VORACEK, JAKUB QMJHL HALIFAX 15-Aug-89 6' 2" 188 * RW L
i'm guessing the wing position is where we need the most help in the future. we have enough defense and goalies

Bruins420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 10:45 AM
ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrass View Post
Not convinced the Bruins will be sellers, but I'd be pretty excited if there was a tough and skilled forward in the Bruins' draft range.

I know they draft the BPA and not soley on need, but a player like that would be great. Maybe another Okposo type or something.
Okposo allthough still very young and has plenty of time to grow and blossom into the power forward many projected,didn't show me much at all during the WJ but,yes a player like he is projected to be,would be nice.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 10:48 AM
neelynugs

wally - we know how much the b's like the bloodline approach, so keep an eye on brandon sutter. big kid with skills that comes to play. i haven't seen him enough to make a fair assessment, but i'm sure colt can chime in on it.

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 11:16 AM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
wally - we know how much the b's like the bloodline approach, so keep an eye on brandon sutter. big kid with skills that comes to play. i haven't seen him enough to make a fair assessment, but i'm sure colt can chime in on it.
works for me...I've never seen a Sutter I didn't like !

Gee Wally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 11:23 AM
Wonder Boy
2026 Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
Yeah Sutter's stock has fallen a little bit this year, but he's still a solid mid round pick.

I really like Bill Sweatt from Colorado College. Great Skater, Great hands, goes to the net.

Colton Gillies
is another guy who is falling in the rankings. He would be a solid guy to take if available between 12-18. Big kid at 6'4", 200 lbs. Good shot, decent skater for a kid this big and decent puck skills. He plays with an edge and should develop into a Power Forward. Doesn't show a lot of imagination with the puck but you cannot deny his work ethic.

Wonder Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 11:26 AM
EspOrrsito
edumacated

For some reason I wouldn't mind if the B's drafted Angelo Esposito, it seems he has dropped a bit in the rankings but from what I've read about him he seems like a decent pick.

http://hockeysfuture.com/articles/7963

http://hockeysfuture.com/articles/7983

EspOrrsito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 01:58 PM
TMHUNH

Although it isn't our most pressing need. I really think of this year as being a very deep year for defenseman.

My favorites are Karl Alzner and Nick Petrecki, and I have been in love with Thomas Hickey ever since I saw him play in his first two WHL games back in 05.

I also was in love with every D-man on the NTDP last year as U-17's even though I haven't seen them play this year, so some may have fallen off, Shattenkirk is probably the best, followed by Ian Cole, Teddy Ruth, Colby Cohen (in the USHL now), Joey Lavin, and Cade Faichild. They were BY FAR the best D group I have seen come through the NTDP, and last year produced some first rounders.

Not all first rounders mind you, but I think this is a great year for D-men.

TMHUNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Boston
Captain Chara

Unless we really drop we are not going to get most of the names thrown around here. As for Sutter and Gilles..both from the Dub and both had fallen. If I am not mistaken it was Gilles that some scouts had rated at the top of this draf 2-3 years ago because he has all of the tools. Unfortunatly, he has not been able to finish with only 20 points this year.

Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 09:54 PM
neelynugs

it's that kind of night...let's bump this up and get a little draft talk going.

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 11:40 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
the top 9-10 picks should be very solid, IMO. there's no clear-cut #1 superstar this year, but guys like voracek, kane, esposito, vanriemsdyk, alzner (D), couture, gagner, cherepanov and turris are all high quality prospects.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ
Just so you guys know what Boston won't be getting in June...

Jakub Voracek, RW Halifax
Decisive with great vision and passing skills. Runs the PP from the point with crispness and precision. Has a wicked shot. Plays with passion, desire and determination every night. Has an incredible will to win and to be the difference maker. Strong winger with excellent playmaking skills. Drives hard to the net, beats defenders wide and cuts straight to the net. Hungry, but not selfish; uses his linemates properly, although he's pretty much a one-man gang in Halifax with no help on a poor team. Strong on his skates and on the puck. Drives through checks and overpowers opponents in corners. Protects the puck well and has exceptionally soft hands. Excellent puckhandler. Aggressive in puck pursuit, strong on the forecheck and plays with a high level of intensity. Can play either a power or finesse style depending on the game. -Red Line Report, December 2006

Sound like someone the B's could use?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
Karl Alzner, Pat Kane, Logan Couture, Sam Gagner or maybe even Kyle Turris in addition to Esposito are guys to watch. All the forwards with the exception of Turris are under-to-average-sized, though.
Took these from the GDT, if that's out of line or context...my apologies. Just figured it's a good place to start in regard to discussion, and I'd save some of you the typing...as I'm a 2 fingered typer myself.

At this point, I hope the B's sell the store (w/ obvious exceptions), attain some picks and build from the draft and UFA market.

From what I understand there's no savior in this draft, but strong players 1 thru 10?

Who are buyers holding low picks for the 07 or 08 draft?

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 08:40 AM
CombatOnContact

Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Being from Ottawa, the prospects I hear about most are from the OHL's Ottawa 67's. I wonder if Chiarelli could possibly convince Brian Kilrea to coach in the NHL

...now, back to reality.

Not sure where Logan Couture ranks in the CSS, etc., but he's a pretty damn good player. Born in 1989 (boy does that ever make me feel old), Couture is enjoying a second successful season with the 67's. He's not a super goal-scorer or playmaker, but he is a point-per-game player who works very hard and plays an intelligent game. He's battled some injuries and illnesses this season. When healthy, he's been a catalyst for the 67's.

Here's a look at his numbers:
2005-06 Ottawa 67's OHL 65 25 39 64 52 6 3 4 7 0
2006-07 Ottawa 67's OHL 37 15 32 47 16

With Boston likely getting a pick in the top 10, I hope they could draft this kid. I don't know much about the other prospects, but I think this kid will be a solid NHLer someday.

CombatOnContact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 08:56 AM
BruinInTexas

I hope some rumors start about James Van Riemsdyk (currently playing U.S. Development team) having a poor attitude and he drops to the bruins. He is currently ranked 2nd or 3rd and he's a 6'3 200 lb winger. He could be a great consolation for another awful season.

BruinInTexas is offline   Reply With Quote