HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proposal: Zherdev

Old
01-26-2007, 09:56 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zherdev View Post
I'd love to see Nik on Edmonton ice,
Edmonton ice sucks... 20th as voted by the players in 03 and declining with a 30+year old ice plant.

How about we trade Lupul for someone we need... like a defenceman.

Having said that, I wouldn't be opposed to Zherdev for Lupul straight up... both players are awful this year and look like they need a change of scenery.

01-26-2007, 10:25 PM
Zach and Slater
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
If we are going to start building for next season, I say we take a shot at Zherdev. But if we are going to start building for next season I don't think we move Lupul. So.....then it would get tricky. This team simply needs more talent, both up front(thinking that next year both Sykora and Nedved are gone) and as well all know on the backend. I really think a big thing we have to do is get Horcoff's 3.6 off the books while some GM's believe that he's just having an off season. I personally in no way think he's having an off season. I think Horc is a nice 40 point 3rd line centre who played with the top 2 offensive players all last year and it ran up his numbers a lot. If you don't believe me, I challenge you to watch every single highlight of his 73 points and then tell me if I'm wrong. But I'm getting way off topic here. I THINK the Jacket's could have interest in Horcoff in a Zherdev deal. Obviously not alone though. Would they have interest in MAB? Maybe, they don't get a ton of offense from the blueline, even when Berard is healthy. I would toss Pouliot in this deal too because he is developing very nicely, and he's simular to Zherdev in the sense that he's a playmaker. So that would be my proposal...Horcoff, MAB, and Pouliot for Zherdev then I like the lines!
Smyth - Stoll - Hemsky
Lupul - UFA/Schremp - Zherdev
Torres - Reasoner - Pisani
Moreau - UFA/Brodziak - Winchester
I don't know if we could pull off a deal with the Jackets that would get us Nik without giving up any of the core guys on the team, or the core guys in the system(Schremp, Cogs, Chorney, Syvret, Dubnyk), but I seriously want to because the guy has MAJOR talent. You all see how much players improve playing with Hemsky, well Zherdev is the exact same player, maybe even has MORE talent then Ales....MAYBE The biggest downside to my offer for the Jackets is that damn Horcoff contract, maybe too rich for there blood.

Zach and Slater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 10:56 PM
kacz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet228 View Post
Edmonton ice sucks... 20th as voted by the players in 03 and declining with a 30+year old ice plant.

How about we trade Lupul for someone we need... like a defenceman.

Having said that, I wouldn't be opposed to Zherdev for Lupul straight up... both players are awful this year and look like they need a change of scenery.
I'm not really talking about the ice itself, but the wealth of talent Nik could play minutes with. Assuming Lupul would go the other way, Nik could still play with Schremp and possibly Cogliano in the long run.

But I agree, that a stable defensemen is more of a necessity for the Oilers at this moment.

kacz is offline   Reply With Quote