Trade possibilities...

Old
02-07-2007, 09:11 PM
XX
Avoiding the Cap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #37 View Post
I hope you aren't suggesting thats the price to rent Doan...
No. I'm asking individually. But nevermind.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 09:11 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
Prepared to be bent over, abused, then shanked and left for dead if you attempt to trade for Doan. I can't and don't want to imagine what Barnett's asking price is.

Nagy? Doable
Perreault? Very doable, for the right price

How expendable are:
1st rounder
Pavelec
Little
Sterling

?
1st rounder - Expendable
Pavelec - Only at the right price, too much to give up for Doan
Little - Not going anywhere
Sterling - Not going anywhere

What even says Doan for sure will sign with the Coyotes, instead of going to a contender? Don't believe everything you hear.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 09:40 PM
XX
Avoiding the Cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post

What even says Doan for sure will sign with the Coyotes, instead of going to a contender? Don't believe everything you hear.
Oh I don't know maybe because hes been here 11 ****ing years along with his family and was recently quoting as saying staying would be "ideal."

You wouldn't trade a goalie that isn't going to see the light of day behind Lehtonen for Doan?

Someone said that the Thrashers were possibly looking at Laraque.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 09:41 PM
Amen evil king
Amen, Evil King

Laraque's been pretty good for the Coyotes right?

I'd love to pick him up if the price is alright.

Amen evil king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:27 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
You wouldn't trade a goalie that isn't going to see the light of day behind Lehtonen for Doan?
Actually, no I wouldn't

Ever heard of Pasi Nurminen? How about Dan Blackburn? You ALWAYS have to have a backup plan, because you NEVER know what can happen.

And a big NO to Laraque, he's a horrible excuse for a player, I live in Edmonton, Ive seen him play first hand, and he's pathetic.

Old
02-08-2007, 12:22 AM
RoyalAir
Looks Better In Gold

A lot of people like to knock Rucchin's play, and for certainly understandable reasons. But I think the main reason he was brought in isn't so much for his on-ice production, but for his locker room contributions. Everything I've ever heard or read about the guy and his impact on teams is that he's a consummate teammate and helps keep the dressing room in good shape. I'm not saying that's worth his contract alone, but I'm certainly not advocating his outright release or trade. We'd all like to see him regain his Anaheim form, but for what he is, he's somewhat valuable.

I've said on a different board that I think maybe Atlanta should trade some impending UFAs for prospects/picks, try to squeeze into the playoffs and get some experience, and then really reload in the offseason. Next year's team could look drastically different with any combo of Sterling, Bourret, Little, Coburn, Valabik, and Enstrom in the lineup. Maybe it's just the Gamecock fan in me, but I really think next year may be our year to make significant noise and damage in the playoffs. I'm not really sold on the idea of selling Valabik, Coburn, Little, or Pavelec for a rental guy who won't resign here in the offseason. Let's build our team through the draft; we've finally got the prospects to do it.

RoyalAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 12:21 PM
Lux Aurumque*

^ I think we'd be fine to trade away one of Valabik or Coburn, but as for Little, Sterling and Bourret, they are definate keepers, I wouldn't trade them for anything, they're the future of this team. As long as we can hold on to Hossa and Kozlov once their contracts are up, we could have a top 6 including the likes of Kovalchuk, Little, Bourret, Kozlov, Sterling and Hossa. That's absolutely mindblowing.

Old
02-13-2007, 04:06 PM
kracker1

FWIW: The unmentionable (name begins with E) has Thrashers rated strong or leading in interest for Bryan Berard, Fredrik Modin, Roman Hamrlik, Jason Allison, Eric Brewer....Moderate interest in Mike Sillinger....some interest in Randy Robitaille, Derek Morris....possible interest in Ken Klee, Jarkko Ruutu

Just throwing it out there, rumors is as rumors are.

kracker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 10:56 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Don't mention Robatille if Im gonna see it

Bad memories.

Old
02-13-2007, 11:07 PM
Whaddagoal
Larsson Jailbreak.

Absolutely no Ken Klee... please...............

Hamrlik, Modin, Berard, Sillinger (although no way the Islanders are going to give him up though, he's been staple asset for them this season both on/off the ice), are better choices

Whaddagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 05:56 PM
Amen evil king
Amen, Evil King

Come on Forsberg!

EDIT: Nashville won.

I guess that package is roughly equivalent to Coburn, Slater, a 1st and a 3rd. That's pretty steep, but I'd be happy if I were a Nashville fan.

Last edited by Amen evil king: 02-15-2007 at 06:24 PM.
Old
02-15-2007, 07:02 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

The most interesting part of it is that Nashville picked up Belanger to be a grinder, while still going after Forsberg...while DW picked up Belanger to be a Top 6 player.

Perhaps Nashville will put someone on waivers so Garbage Picker Don can get us some more assets.

btn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 07:34 PM
dunwoody_joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
The most interesting part of it is that Nashville picked up Belanger to be a grinder, while still going after Forsberg...while DW picked up Belanger to be a Top 6 player.

Perhaps Nashville will put someone on waivers so Garbage Picker Don can get us some more assets.
I love the trade from Philly's perspective. They aren't going anywhere this year so they pick up Upshall, Parent, a 1st and a 3rd.

Upshall is a gritty 3rd line winger who fits the Flyer's perfectly. Parent is the defensive defenseman prospect that they lack (watch for him paired with Pitkanen or Picard--perfect). A Nashville's 1st will likely be 30th overall pick and then Nashville's 3rd as a bonus.

Consider that they will also be about 20M under the cap and have their own #1 choice. Forsberg is an UFA and might be coming back but if I were Holmgren I would take the younger route.

They won't be in the basement for long!

dunwoody_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 10:02 PM
RoyalAir
Looks Better In Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunwoody_joe View Post
I love the trade from Philly's perspective. They aren't going anywhere this year so they pick up Upshall, Parent, a 1st and a 3rd.

Upshall is a gritty 3rd line winger who fits the Flyer's perfectly. Parent is the defensive defenseman prospect that they lack (watch for him paired with Pitkanen or Picard--perfect). A Nashville's 1st will likely be 30th overall pick and then Nashville's 3rd as a bonus.

Consider that they will also be about 20M under the cap and have their own #1 choice. Forsberg is an UFA and might be coming back but if I were Holmgren I would take the younger route.

They won't be in the basement for long!
Why is it that teams like the Flyers will suck for a year, and then bounce right back, while teams like Atlanta will suck for years, flirt with promise, and then go right back to sucking.

Old
02-16-2007, 05:52 AM
dunwoody_joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAir View Post
Why is it that teams like the Flyers will suck for a year, and then bounce right back, while teams like Atlanta will suck for years, flirt with promise, and then go right back to sucking.
Organizations like the Flyers know how to build or rebuild on the fly (so to speak).

If we use the Flyers as an example, they have been in existance 38 years and have been in the playoffs 31 and won the Cup twice. The year they came into existance they made the playoffs and won their Cups in their 7th and 8th year of existance. Even during their darkest period ('89-'94), you could see them laying the foundation for the strong teams that followed.

It's a simple formula: Superior GM and coach, good drafting and targeted (smart) free agent pickups from the beginning. Same formula for all expansion teams that were good quickly (Buffalo made the finals in 5th year in league).

Now look at the Thrashers...

dunwoody_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 03:05 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunwoody_joe View Post
Now look at the Thrashers...
Now, now. Don't forget the Blue Jackets.

Old
02-16-2007, 06:31 PM
SheroWorship

No. Not trolling. Venting:

I live in Atlanta for the last 20 years (and Montreal before that) and I have enjoyed the games I went to this year (and past years) to support my adopted home team.

I have three fav teams to follow

1. Flyers
2. Habs
3. Thrashers

I believe Atlanta could have easily gotten Forsberg for about the equivalent of what Nashville gave up and I am disappointed that they did not. Forsberg's only downside is injuries but as frutrating as that is he brings so much game to the table - it's simply unbelieveable. When you consider the current state of what Atlanta needs: PK help, PP help. No one available is better than Forsberg.

Yes - there is risk with all trades. If he was a run of the mill injury plagued player I would not be interested. But he's not. He is elite. He makes everyone around him better. There is positively no doubt the Thashers would have been better. The time for making the playoffs and making a serious run at the Cup was now. Not 2 years from now. This is a small market and he would have filled seats. His moves are better than Kovalchucks - and that's no knock against Kovy. Forsberg is simply a level above.

This just sucks because I really honestly and sincerely believe he would have made this team a legitimate Cup contender. I am extremely disappointed in Thasher's management. I still think Atlanta may get far but it will be much harder without him. This trade would not have mortgaged Atlanta's future in the least and it was worth the UFA gamble to re-sign him.

SheroWorship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 06:37 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Coburn + Slater + 1st + 3rd > Parent + Upshall + 1st + 3rd

Let's not forget that our draftpicks are also gonna be better.

I'll bet DW refused to trade Coburn, probably never even considered trading Slater.

Old
02-16-2007, 06:52 PM
ExplosiveLEAFman

I bet Forsberg wasn't willing to come here.

ExplosiveLEAFman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 06:55 PM
SheroWorship

I like Waddell. I wonder if ownership tied his hands? This along with the Stefan pick (hindsight is wonderful - aint it?) are the worse moves this team has and has not made.

See this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6n3Xa23AUjs

He is far away from being washed up!! No guts = no glory. When I think of Kovy, Hossa, and Forsberg on the same team and how it was so close

Phillips Arena would have been rockin' !!

SheroWorship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 07:14 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Originally Posted by explosivethinman View Post
I bet Forsberg wasn't willing to come here.
Forsberg isn't stupid, he knows that this team IS a contender, in quite a rut. He also knows that being on a line with Kovy, he could turn this team from a playoff contender into a lock for the ECF.

But of course, he's in Nashville, cause DW never made an offer.

Im sick of our management.

Old
02-16-2007, 07:39 PM
ExplosiveLEAFman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
Forsberg isn't stupid, he knows that this team IS a contender, in quite a rut. He also knows that being on a line with Kovy, he could turn this team from a playoff contender into a lock for the ECF.

But of course, he's in Nashville, cause DW never made an offer.

Im sick of our management.
I agree, Forsberg isn't stupid, that's why he went to Nashville. Calling this team a contender is a stretch, a few more losses and we'll be below the eighth spot. Being on a line with Kovy (and the powerplay) certainly would have helped this team but it in no way would have made us a lock for anything. Hartley probably would have stuck him on Hossa's line anyway.

I don't know if DW made an offer or not. Shameus (or someone) posted an article awhile back where Waddell told the flyers he wanted to make an offer. Job security can make even the most conservative GMS trade prospects they'd normally keep (See Dave Taylor from last season), if the Thrashers miss the playoffs DW should be out of a job, so I'll assume he made an offer of some sort.

ExplosiveLEAFman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 12:05 PM
Shameus

Quote:
Originally Posted by explosivethinman View Post
I agree, Forsberg isn't stupid, that's why he went to Nashville. Calling this team a contender is a stretch, a few more losses and we'll be below the eighth spot. Being on a line with Kovy (and the powerplay) certainly would have helped this team but it in no way would have made us a lock for anything. Hartley probably would have stuck him on Hossa's line anyway.

I don't know if DW made an offer or not. Shameus (or someone) posted an article awhile back where Waddell told the flyers he wanted to make an offer. Job security can make even the most conservative GMS trade prospects they'd normally keep (See Dave Taylor from last season), if the Thrashers miss the playoffs DW should be out of a job, so I'll assume he made an offer of some sort.
Yup it was me. DW told the Flyers to call if they were going to offer him out. From what the Thrashers beat writter seems to think...the asking price of Coburn, 1st, and 3rd was to rich for the teams blood. Replace Coburn with Valabik and I would have made the deal in a heart beat. But hey, hopefully the team gets something at the deadline.

My deadline wish list:

Move: Sutton, deVries, Rucchin, Kapanen
Aquire: Visnovsky, Tkachuk (I know they are rentals and all....but hey)

forward lines
Kozlov-Belanger-Hossa
Kovy-Metro-Tkachuk
Sim-Slater-Mellanby
Larsen-Holik-Hamel

defensive pairings
XLB-Havelid
Visnovsky-Hnidy
McCarthy-Coburn

Shameus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Amen evil king
Amen, Evil King

Problem is that no selling team would want any of those 'veteran' players.

Old
02-17-2007, 05:29 PM
RoyalAir
Looks Better In Gold

No, a selling team wouldn't want the impending UFAs that are on the roster. But a Western buyer might. I really think the team should sell and buy at varying rates. The team needs a shakeup, and needs it bad. Send a DeVries to, say, San Jose for a 3rd or 2nd, and then send the same pick plus a prospect (Popovic?) for Aaron Miller and/or Sopel. Give Kapanen away to Vancouver or someone, anyone, that will take him. Cut the terrible deadweight, acquire what you can, trade for some new blood. Yeah, it might screw up the chemistry of the locker room, but what's the worst that happens? The team continues to lose?