HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

next 2 games

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2003, 08:38 AM
GoneFullHextall
JR=clueless

vCash: 50
next 2 games

Friday home against the Yotes then Saturday night in Boston.
I do wonder how the team is going to handle this with the winterstorm heading to the Eastern seaboard and into the northeast. last i heard its supposed hit in Philly Friday night. Im not really sure how the team has handled this in the past but we could have issues if the airports are closed friday night.
damn weather :mad:

Old
12-04-2003, 10:45 AM
Cuiff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
Friday home against the Yotes then Saturday night in Boston.
I do wonder how the team is going to handle this with the winterstorm heading to the Eastern seaboard and into the northeast. last i heard its supposed hit in Philly Friday night. Im not really sure how the team has handled this in the past but we could have issues if the airports are closed friday night.
damn weather :mad:

I think the networks are hyping this up for rating. We most likely are just going to end up with some rain.

Old
12-04-2003, 11:03 AM
Flyers26

I was road trip bound to Boston, but the wife but the kibosh on it, due to the weather... Sucks! We had great seats too, my bnrother inlaw has seasons to the Bruins!

Old
12-04-2003, 11:07 AM
Teezax

i can't wait to punish Phoenix from the last game, i think the atmosphere at Wachovia will scare the crap out of them, and we'll torture them all night long both physically and mentally. I'm calling for a rout, almost guaranteed. The Boston game will be tough at the Fleet, they want to gain ground on us in the conference so they will put forth a great effort, i still don't think they have enough to beat us for three periods. Anyone have an idea on if Hackett will play his former club?

Old
12-04-2003, 11:47 AM
Stonehands77

My brother and I both got tix to the Boston game for our birthdays, so we'll be there. And in my LeClair jersey, fear not! Hmm, now to make sure his GF knows to cheer for the proper team...and make sure whatever friend of mine ends up going cheers for the proper team as well! And with us living in the area, we can just take the T and not worry about the weather. Now, if only my fiancee was back from Down Under to see this game...then we'd have three people to convince my brother's GF to cheer for the proper team! And two of us sporting Flyers' jerseys.

Old
12-04-2003, 11:48 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers26
I was road trip bound to Boston, but the wife but the kibosh on it, due to the weather... Sucks! We had great seats too, my bnrother inlaw has seasons to the Bruins!

and all this time I thought the Baron wore the pants ....

Old
12-04-2003, 08:00 PM
GoneFullHextall
JR=clueless

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
and all this time I thought the Baron wore the pants ....
im pretty sure the 2 goalies will go against there former clubs Esche against Phoenix, Hackett against Boston
I think we should be able to win the Phoenix game. But we better not take them lightly. Phoenix has beaten NJ, Buffalo and tied Boston on this trip. Not sure what else they have done on this trip offhand
The Boston game should be very interesting. Boston should be in a foul mood after getting wasted 6-0 on home ice, and you know they want revenge for the game last month in Philly.

Old
12-05-2003, 06:05 AM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
i can't wait to punish Phoenix from the last game, i think the atmosphere at Wachovia will scare the crap out of them, and we'll torture them all night long both physically and mentally. I'm calling for a rout, almost guaranteed.
Huh? the atmosphere is going to scare the crap out of hockey players? It was pretty laughable how Hitchcock & all those 'tough' Flyers' whined about the game in Phoenix.

I hope the Flyers go out of their way to take some shots at the Coyotes & the Yotes can get some power plays & take it to the Flyers.

Should be a good game though.

Looks like the Psychologist the Flyers hired has really helped Esche in goal because he was terrible in Phoenix (& not just because he was playing on a below avg team). On the flip side, Boucher has played pretty well this season when given the opportunity.

Go Coyotes.

Old
12-05-2003, 07:02 AM
daynus

Welcome pylon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddhaful
Huh? the atmosphere is going to scare the crap out of hockey players? It was pretty laughable how Hitchcock & all those 'tough' Flyers' whined about the game in Phoenix.

I hope the Flyers go out of their way to take some shots at the Coyotes & the Yotes can get some power plays & take it to the Flyers.

Should be a good game though.

Looks like the Psychologist the Flyers hired has really helped Esche in goal because he was terrible in Phoenix (& not just because he was playing on a below avg team). On the flip side, Boucher has played pretty well this season when given the opportunity.

Go Coyotes.
Let me tell you something. Phoenix is no place to put a hockey team. Actually its no place to put any sports team, unless you are a basement dweller. Cardinals Diamondbacks Coyotes , talk about having the lowest winning percentage combined for sports franchises, Phoenix wins hands down, probably with a 40% combined winning percentage.

And as far as Boucher that loser,bum deserves to be in Phoenix. And his winning percentage is well below 40% and his save percentage is well below 90%. he's a perfect fit for the team and the city.

Old
12-05-2003, 07:22 AM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daynus
Let me tell you something. Phoenix is no place to put a hockey team. Actually its no place to put any sports team, unless you are a basement dweller. Cardinals Diamondbacks Coyotes , talk about having the lowest winning percentage combined for sports franchises, Phoenix wins hands down, probably with a 40% combined winning percentage.

And as far as Boucher that loser,bum deserves to be in Phoenix. And his winning percentage is well below 40% and his save percentage is well below 90%. he's a perfect fit for the team and the city.
Yeah, that D-backs championship in 2001 doesn't mean anything.

Should of expected this from Philly fans (my apologies to all your intelligent fans). Hey, Santa's comin' so start booing!

Old
12-05-2003, 07:24 AM
Stonehands77

Quote:
Originally Posted by daynus
Diamondbacks
Umm, not that I disagree with the statements about the Cardinals (one of the WORST run football teams in the NFL), but you do realize that the D-backs were world champions only a couple years ago, and have been (for the last three years or so) an annual contender or at least challenger for the NL West crown? They hardly deserve to be in the same class as the Cardinals. Yes, they've run up a massive debt doing it, but their performance on the field has been fairly good these last few years.

I expect a hard-fought game against Phoenix, but Brash definitely needs to be watching out and doing his job. The Flyers can NOT let themselves get pushed around at the Cove (as my dad has taken to calling it...I still like F.U. Center ). A physical, aggressive game is needed here.

And Esche has been very good this year. Of course, if a certain ex-Flyer hadn't whined about needing all the playing time last year, we'd probably have seen more of this type of play last season from him (he certainly did well at the start of the season when he got a chance). But I'm very happy with his performance so far, and here's hoping he keeps it up. I'm a bit disappointed to think we probably won't see him here in Boston Saturday night, but I'm sure I'll have opportunity to see him sometime this season.

Old
12-05-2003, 07:32 AM
Stonehands77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddhaful
Hey, Santa's comin' so start booing!
You know, I supported you until this last bit. Hell, if you'd waited another 5 minutes, you'd have seen me pointing the championship the D-Backs won out. But instead, you have to bring up one of my biggest pet peeves with every other non-Philly sports fan, and that's this stupid Santa Claus crap. Do people realize it's been 35+ years since that incident? Why does this have to keep coming up? I heard it on the news here in Boston last night, some jacka$$ they were interviewing about the Sox hiring Terry Francona brought it up. Folks, get the fsck over it. That happened long ago, at Franklin Field, no less! We're talking three freaking football stadiums ago. Why will this not die? Like no other city has ever done something bad at a sports event. Let's se...In Chicago, they jump refs on the field in baseball games. That hasn't ever happened in Philly. In New York, it appears the Yankees can't have a playoff series without one of their fans being a moron and interefering in at least one play. Not to mention the snowballs they throw, etc. at Giants games (well, it may have only happened once, but that certainly hasn't stopped people from endlessly reminding us of this incident!). Cleveland had the beer bottles being tossed onto the field at a Browns game. But no, all it ever is about is how Philly fans are the worst. I'm so sick of hearing about this. Get up to date, and b!tch about something a little more recent. Say, in my lifetime? I'm 26 years old. That should give you SOMETHING to go on, I'm sure. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Old
12-05-2003, 01:43 PM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Love
You know, I supported you until this last bit. Hell, if you'd waited another 5 minutes, you'd have seen me pointing the championship the D-Backs won out. But instead, you have to bring up one of my biggest pet peeves with every other non-Philly sports fan, and that's this stupid Santa Claus crap. Do people realize it's been 35+ years since that incident? Why does this have to keep coming up? I heard it on the news here in Boston last night, some jacka$$ they were interviewing about the Sox hiring Terry Francona brought it up. Folks, get the fsck over it. That happened long ago, at Franklin Field, no less! We're talking three freaking football stadiums ago. Why will this not die? Like no other city has ever done something bad at a sports event. Let's se...In Chicago, they jump refs on the field in baseball games. That hasn't ever happened in Philly. In New York, it appears the Yankees can't have a playoff series without one of their fans being a moron and interefering in at least one play. Not to mention the snowballs they throw, etc. at Giants games (well, it may have only happened once, but that certainly hasn't stopped people from endlessly reminding us of this incident!). Cleveland had the beer bottles being tossed onto the field at a Browns game. But no, all it ever is about is how Philly fans are the worst. I'm so sick of hearing about this. Get up to date, and b!tch about something a little more recent. Say, in my lifetime? I'm 26 years old. That should give you SOMETHING to go on, I'm sure. :mad:
As I said before, "my apologies to all your (Philly) intelligent fans."

Just an ignorant cheapshot in reply to an ignorant non-hockey related comment about sports in Phoenix where we have one of the best Ownership Groups (led by Mr. Colangelo) for both our Baseball & Basketball teams, not to mention the Gretzky-led Coyote braintrust which has laid the foundation (not without some bumps along the way) for a soon-to-be very successful hockey franchise.

No comment about the Cardinals

peace & happy holidays~!

Closed Thread