Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

Harding-FLA

Old
01-26-2007, 11:20 PM
scarface8982

vCash: 500
Harding-FLA

Seeing as your team is in the playoff hunt what would it take for the Panthers to take the talented young goalie off your hands???

scarface8982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 11:27 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Probably a hellovalot. Harding will be the backup next year and starter the year after that.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 12:18 AM
WILDTATE10

vCash: 50
alot more then you guys wouod be willing to give up. Harding is a future franchise goaltender.

WILDTATE10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 02:45 AM
nuckfan insk

vCash: 934
probably horton
or stewart, and weiss

nuckfan insk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 02:47 AM
nuckfan insk

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDTATE10 View Post
alot more then you guys wouod be willing to give up. Harding is a future franchise goaltender.
very true i view him as good as cam ward and fleury

nuckfan insk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 07:04 AM
LamborGREENie

I believe a 1st rounder, F Gregory Campbell, D Branislav Mezei and a Player to Be Named would be enough...

LamborGREENie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 10:33 AM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

How about LeNeveu and Wheeler from the Yotes?

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 11:40 AM
WILDTATE10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyPlayer101 View Post
I believe a 1st rounder, F Gregory Campbell, D Branislav Mezei and a Player to Be Named would be enough...
so a 1st rounder, who, and who?

Old
01-27-2007, 12:30 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Florida will not trade their 1st rounder. Our prospect system is very bad at the moment. Horton won't be traded either, and it would take more than Harding to land him. Stewart i'd do in a heartbeart, but Harding has alot more value than Stewart.

Maybe Van Ryn or Salei and a pick? Van Ryn is good offensively but at times can be annoying in his own end, whilst Salei has been awesome this year.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 12:42 PM
WILDTATE10

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Florida will not trade their 1st rounder. Our prospect system is very bad at the moment. Horton won't be traded either, and it would take more than Harding to land him. Stewart i'd do in a heartbeart, but Harding has alot more value than Stewart.

Maybe Van Ryn or Salei and a pick? Van Ryn is good offensively but at times can be annoying in his own end, whilst Salei has been awesome this year.
If im trading a possible franchise goaltender and in the very least a very good goaltender i want a possible franchise player in return that has proven as much as harding has and maybe a little more.

Old
01-27-2007, 12:48 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:

I'd do Olesz and Derrick Lapoint for Harding and a 4th...since goaltending is kind of a need for you guys, I can leverage you a bit.

However...the concensus here is that Harding is the future, and should be nhl ready sooner than later...what if we offered you guys fernandez?

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 12:57 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

I don't see Harding as a franchise netminder,just a very good one. There are very few franchise netminders and i don't see Harding in that bracket. Horton would not be fair value for Harding, he is basically as untouchable as it gets for us.

Deuce, im still to high to give up on Olesz . Olesz and Harding IMO have similar value. Olesz has shown glimpses of being a 1st line ability, has great wheels, good playmaker, very good stickhandler and has a good two way game. Showing signs of turning around the season. Not keen on giving him up, but i know thats what it would take. I'd rather deal Weiss. LaPoint is a nice prospect, and i'd deal him for the right price. Is value is inflated though, due to him being our best D prospect. That is how bad our D prospects are.

Fernandez would be useful to a contender, which we aren't. So i doubt we would trade for him.

Old
01-27-2007, 02:00 PM
The_Heat_Is_On_15*

Sens are one of the deepest teams in the league at the goaltending position in terms of prospects so we got no need for Harding. I have always liked him though and watched some his games in the AHL and have been very impressed by his game and he is going to be a top goalie and franchise goalie for a long time for the Wild and they should definitly hang on to him. He's definitly going to be up there with Ward , Fleury , and to a lesser extent Toivenen and Nittymaki.

Just for fun .....here's a package that I think would be very fair for Josh Harding:

TO OTT: Harding

TO MIN: Jeff Glass/Billy Elliot , Illya Zubov , 1st Round Pick

Looking forward to seeing Harding get some games , although that won't happen unless the Wild fall out of contention this year.

The_Heat_Is_On_15* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 05:21 PM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Quote:
I don't see Harding as a franchise netminder,just a very good one
Thats the problem with people looking at the Wild organization. All of our prospects and players seem to be underrated.

Circulartheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 11:29 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircularTheory View Post
Thats the problem with people looking at the Wild organization. All of our prospects and players seem to be underrated.
No, thats just my opinion. Harding will be great, but IMO not a franchise netminder.

Also, with Olesz scoring 2 more goals yesterday it would just make even less willing to trade Olesz.

Old
01-28-2007, 12:34 PM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

Quote:
Originally Posted by AY View Post
How about LeNeveu and Wheeler from the Yotes?
No love for the local boy?

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 01:33 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircularTheory View Post
That's not something exclusive to the Wild. Every organization's fans feel that their prospects are undervalued by people on the outside. Most of you probably think nothing of Thomas Greiss, but most Sharks fans will tell you that we consider him the Sharks' future between the pipes.

In reality, these sort of things tend to be a combination of underrating by outsiders and overrating from within.

The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 08:51 PM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
That's not something exclusive to the Wild. Every organization's fans feel that their prospects are undervalued by people on the outside. Most of you probably think nothing of Thomas Greiss, but most Sharks fans will tell you that we consider him the Sharks' future between the pipes.

In reality, these sort of things tend to be a combination of underrating by outsiders and overrating from within.
Well I agree with you but just to let you know, i think Greiss will be a good goalie in the future. Its just i don't know much about him to label him as a franchise goalie but i know enough to know he will be good

Circulartheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 07:58 AM
DWP

Quote:
No, thats just my opinion. Harding will be great, but IMO not a franchise netminder.

Also, with Olesz scoring 2 more goals yesterday it would just make even less willing to trade Olesz.
Haven seen Harding down in Houston since his pro-debut, I would have to agree with J17 on this. Harding is a very solid netminder that has all the fundamentals down. But I have not seen him own many games. Meaning, win a game by just shutting down his opponent even though his defensive help is non-existant. Until this happens, I would catagorize him as a good prospect but not a franchise goalie.

I also don't think that CircularTheory's theroy about the Wilds prospects being "underated" is accurate. The only exception might be Koivu. He had several knocks against him coming into the North American pro game. One, was he was injury prone. Two, he wasn't strong enough physically to play the type of game that he played in the Finnish Elite League. Both of these knocks have proven to be overstated.

DWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 09:15 AM
ceber

We'd need another top-end goalie prospect in the system if we were to deal Harding, IMO.

ceber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 09:17 AM
schrottkind

As it seems at the moment, it is much more likely Manny will be traded. Meaning Hardings chances with the Wild might be coming earlier as expected.

schrottkind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 02:01 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWP View Post
Haven seen Harding down in Houston since his pro-debut, I would have to agree with J17 on this. Harding is a very solid netminder that has all the fundamentals down. But I have not seen him own many games. Meaning, win a game by just shutting down his opponent even though his defensive help is non-existant. Until this happens, I would catagorize him as a good prospect but not a franchise goalie.

I also don't think that CircularTheory's theroy about the Wilds prospects being "underated" is accurate. The only exception might be Koivu. He had several knocks against him coming into the North American pro game. One, was he was injury prone. Two, he wasn't strong enough physically to play the type of game that he played in the Finnish Elite League. Both of these knocks have proven to be overstated.
Kind of hard to 'own' games when your freaking forwards can't even score goals! Harding IMO, is a franchise goaltender. You can build an organization around the guy. He has proven himself to be a great goaltender. And he has shut down opponents!

And yes, the Wild prospects are underrated. Koivu was vastly underrated. Bouchard is starting to get talked about but not really. Sheppard isn't mentioned in the same breath as some of the other 2006 guys. Pouliot has dropped off the map even though he's steady in the AHL, Irmen was a huge steal in the 3rd round. The problem is, the Wild don't have a lot of prospects to talk about.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 02:48 PM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Stewart + Mezei

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 03:28 PM
The Big E

While I think that Harding is our best bet for our long-term goaltending future, there is always the possibility that he's not our man. While the Wild have a good number of prospects on the roster (Gaborik, Bouchard, Koivu, Burns, Vielleux, Schultz and Boogaard), a lot of that is because we're an expansion team. We don't have a long enough history of developing our own talent.

Considering Manny's age (young for a goalie), Backstrom's age (young for a goalie), the chances are that we'll deal Backstrom to someone who wants a back-up. And further calculating that Harding is 22 (still in diapers in goaltending years), the fact that he came up here and played well behind a porous defense last spring says a lot to me, his technique and his mental game.

Because the Wild organization likes Harding
  • Does this mean that we don't pick a goalie off waivers who blossoms into a franchise goalie?
  • Does this mean we don't put him into a package deal that gets us something we want?
  • Does this mean that he won't get supplanted as our future franchise goalie?
  • Does this ... [fill in the blank]
I think y'all see where I'm going with this. If things remain the same with our goalie situation, yes, Harding is most likely our future. Unless things change drastically and the organization stops looking toward the long-term future (i.e., starts spending and not building), Harding is the future.

The Big E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 03:54 PM
DWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
Kind of hard to 'own' games when your freaking forwards can't even score goals! Harding IMO, is a franchise goaltender. You can build an organization around the guy. He has proven himself to be a great goaltender. And he has shut down opponents!

And yes, the Wild prospects are underrated. Koivu was vastly underrated. Bouchard is starting to get talked about but not really. Sheppard isn't mentioned in the same breath as some of the other 2006 guys. Pouliot has dropped off the map even though he's steady in the AHL, Irmen was a huge steal in the 3rd round. The problem is, the Wild don't have a lot of prospects to talk about.

As I stated earlier, Harding is solid. You have got to consider his performance at the AHL level. Has he been good? My answer: Yes. Has he been great and has he carried the team through a couple of playoff games when they couldn't score or they would not play defense in front of him? Answer in my opinion? Not to any great extent.

Regarding your last comment. First you agree with others that the Wild's prospects have been underrated. The fact that you concede that the Wild don't have many of prospects to talk about makes my point. For every Bouchard or Koivu you point to on the Wild's roster, there are similar players on almost every club who have matured into solid NHL players. It's so easy to say the Wild and their players don't get respect around the league. I say that the way to get respect is to earn it. Prospects, touted or not, are just that; prospects. In the long run, rather your opinion is more right than mine or mine more right than yours, if the talent is there it will come to the top. If the Wild do have undervalued talent, then it will really pay off in the near future. The only downside to having underrated talent, is you have a perceived deficiency for trade bait to bring in established players.

DWP is offline   Reply With Quote