Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
Stewart + Mezei
I'd do that.

Benched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 08:45 AM
schrottkind

vCash: 500
As the O'Sullivan-Demitra trade showed us the Wild are no longer looking to build - they are looking to win. The basics have been built and from now on I think it's playoffs or bust. With that in mind I would not rule out them dealing away Harding for two veterans who can contribute immidiatelly before the deadline (Guerin, Tkachuk anyone?)... on the other hand I guess there is not much cap space left, not? But, as I mentioned in my earlier post, it still seems more likely that Manny will be dealt at the moment as they seem to be unhappy with his attitude.
Lots of options but in the end this is the Wild - and nothing will happen at all.

schrottkind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 02:45 AM
John Belushi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyPlayer101 View Post
I believe a 1st rounder, F Gregory Campbell, D Branislav Mezei and a Player to Be Named would be enough...

No way, Minny would have to add at least two first round picks to add A Player To Be Named! The guy's amazing!

John Belushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 05:29 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

You want Fernandez?

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 10:26 PM
vitogor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
You want Fernandez?
No kidding. I'm yet to see one bad game from Backstrom. The guy was a Finnish playoff MVP. Why is he a backup, again?

vitogor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 02:44 AM
BADger

Quote:
Originally Posted by #16 View Post
No kidding. I'm yet to see one bad game from Backstrom. The guy was a Finnish playoff MVP. Why is he a backup, again?

No kidding, he played on my hometown team Kärpät for five years i think..in the last two seasons didnt see even one bad game from him, and played about 90% of the games.. During the playoffs he is a BEAST! doesnt allow any soft goals and is always ready to steal a game with hightlight saves.. both time Kärpät won the finnish champions, Bäckström was MVP of the playoffs. He has also won trophy of best goalie twice.

Ok enough of the stats, point is that it makes me smile to see Backstrom to get some starts(eventhough its because Manny's injury) because maybe it finally shows that he is for real even in NHL.. here's how finnish site jatkoaika.com describes his strengths and weaknesses:

"+
He's big and covers the net well, stays calm in every sitution possible. Steady goalkeeper who's both physical and mental stamina allows him to play even 20 games in a row in a high level.
-
Some troubles considering shootouts, adjusting to Nhl scene takes some time. "

Well, all this was just to make you guys know that in the Backstrom, you may trust

BADger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 12:01 PM
The Big E

Quote:
Originally Posted by #16 View Post
In the loss to Dallas last Tuesday, two shots bounced off Backstrom's chest back into the slot. I recall that Dallas scored the tying and go-ahead goals on these rebounds. One of the more difficult and subtle skills is the vacuum-cleaner ability that Manny has. We can pretty much rely on Manny to absorb shots like that. This doesn't mean Backstrom isn't a solid goalie (he's calm and positionally superb), its just that this ability is the difference between a game-stealing goaltender and a really good one.

This is Backstrom's first year in the NHL and he's still learning how to deal with shooters of this caliber. So ... while those two rebounds weren't mistakes, I would say that by this time next year, we won't see anymore of those types of rebounds (providing he's still with the team).

The Big E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 12:29 PM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

I love Backstrom but i feel by trading Fernandez, we're putting alot of faith on him who is still a rookie in the NA scene. Sometimes these gambles are a bad idea.....

So i think we should keep Manny and Backstrom for this season unless we trade Manny for another capable solid goalie. If we trade Manny for no goalie, it might just turn into another Boston Bruin situation (Tim Thomas/Hannu)

Circulartheory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 01:03 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

He does need to work on his rebound control.

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote