HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montoya-FLA (Proposals)

Old
01-27-2007, 01:32 PM
scarface8982

vCash: 500
Montoya-FLA (Proposals)

Seeing as how your team is in the playoff hunt on the outside looking in; and you have a very,very good young goaltender in the NHL already; what would it take for the Panthers to take the bright young goaltender off your hands???

scarface8982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 01:34 PM
broadwayblue

Horton/Olesz and Bouwmeester. We'll throw in a first rounder.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 01:41 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Broadway if your post wasn't in good spirt and i'd kill you

Im guessing you guys would want Frolik, but considering who pathetic our prospect system is right now, i don't think we can afford to give him up.

I'd happily deal McArdle/Stewart though.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 01:47 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Broadway if your post wasn't in good spirt and i'd kill you

Im guessing you guys would want Frolik, but considering who pathetic our prospect system is right now, i don't think we can afford to give him up.

I'd happily deal McArdle/Stewart though.
Nah.

If we're trading Montoya, it's as part of a package for a young franchise center/defender.

The only player I'd want from Florida right now is Bouwmeester, and in that case, I'll offer up Montoya, Tyutin, Mid-level Prospect, and 1st.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 01:53 PM
TheRedressor

Tyutin is a number 2 defenseman, theres no way in hell I would include him AND another prospect AND a 1st rounder on top of Montoya for Jay-Bo.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 02:00 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChief View Post
Tyutin is a number 2 defenseman, theres no way in hell I would include him AND another prospect AND a 1st rounder on top of Montoya for Jay-Bo.
Right now, there's a HUGE difference between Bouwmeester and Tyutin. While I love Toots, Bouwmeester is in a class with guys like Phaneuf.

With that being said, you're right.

Tyutin and 1st, if more needs to be added, go from there.

Old
01-27-2007, 02:03 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Well, Bouwmeester, Horton and Olesz wouldn't be involved for a Montoya package.

I like Montoya, but i just don't want to give up on Frolik, as he is the only guy with high upsides we have in our prospect ranks. We desperately need an offensive sniper/dynamo which Frolik may or may not become, but he is the only one who could become that.

I'd be happy to deal Van ryn or Salei though. Both very good Defensive players. Stewart/McArdle or basically any other prospect not named Frolik could be had. Don't know if any of those would make you bite though.

Old
01-27-2007, 02:10 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
Right now, there's a HUGE difference between Bouwmeester and Tyutin. While I love Toots, Bouwmeester is in a class with guys like Phaneuf.

With that being said, you're right.

Tyutin and 1st, if more needs to be added, go from there.
Ummm no he's not. He can be one day but while he's improved his game over the past couple seasons he's not on that level.

Crack is wack.

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 02:10 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Well, Bouwmeester, Horton and Olesz wouldn't be involved for a Montoya package.

I like Montoya, but i just don't want to give up on Frolik, as he is the only guy with high upsides we have in our prospect ranks. We desperately need an offensive sniper/dynamo which Frolik may or may not become, but he is the only one who could become that.

I'd be happy to deal Van ryn or Salei though. Both very good Defensive players. Stewart/McArdle or basically any other prospect not named Frolik could be had. Don't know if any of those would make you bite though.
be real, if you want one of our best prospects you're going to offer a good player not the crap you think.. either way this is moot

Old
01-27-2007, 02:13 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
be real, if you want one of our best prospects you're going to offer a good player not the crap you think.. either way this is moot
Bouwmeester is untouchable, as is Horton. Bouwmeester is a franchise D, and Horton is a PPG powerforward of the future. Montoya is not going to land you those guys. I'd deal Weiss, a very good 2nd line center of the future with leadership deals. Olesz, i don't think i'd deal. He is gonna be sick.

Van Ryn and Salei are good players, not "crap". I have no idea of your needs, but they would certaintly help you on the backend.

Stewart sucks i agree, but McArdle is a nice prospect. Frolik IMO shouldn't be dealt, but alot of other Panthers posters would deal him for Montoya.

Old
01-27-2007, 02:16 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Exactly, there's no way Montoya would go to Florida and not return ONE of Horton/Olesz/Bouwmeester/Frolik.

Old
01-27-2007, 02:17 PM
GarretJoseph*

Montoya and Prucha for Bouwmeester

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 02:18 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Bouwmeester is untouchable, as is Horton. Bouwmeester is a franchise D, and Horton is a PPG powerforward of the future. Montoya is not going to land you those guys. I'd deal Weiss, a very good 2nd line center of the future with leadership deals. Olesz, i don't think i'd deal. He is gonna be sick.

Van Ryn and Salei are good players, not "crap". I have no idea of your needs, but they would certaintly help you on the backend.

Stewart sucks i agree, but McArdle is a nice prospect. Frolik IMO shouldn't be dealt, but alot of other Panthers posters would deal him for Montoya.
then it just aint happening

moving on.....

Old
01-27-2007, 02:21 PM
broadwayblue

Speaking about Olesz, that would be an interesting deal if he came in exchange for AM. Have two guys drafted one directly after the other ever been traded for each other years later?

Old
01-27-2007, 02:36 PM
xander

Quote:

the point is that if montoya is dealt, and i'm against moving him anytime soon, it is most likely for young building blocks, not immidiate help. The players you don't want to move are the only players that we're interested in moving montoya for. If one isn't coming back, then we're not moving al, we're under no pressure to do so.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 02:54 PM
The Big Apple

Quote:

Montoya is a franchise goalie.... Mcardle/stewart, not going to get it done....

The Big Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 02:55 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Ummm no he's not. He can be one day but while he's improved his game over the past couple seasons he's not on that level.

Crack is wack.
Um yeah he is.

Go invest in center ice before making an ill-sighted statement like that.

Crack definitely is wack, you're right, so practice what you preach, and layoff the rocks.

Old
01-27-2007, 03:25 PM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Um yeah he is.

Go invest in center ice before making an ill-sighted statement like that.

Crack definitely is wack, you're right, so practice what you preach, and layoff the rocks.
I actually saw a playground in the city called "The Crack is wack playground"

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 03:34 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Yeah i'd want something along these lines
Frolik, Weiss for Montoya and a 2nd.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 03:35 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Jay-Bo is not on Phaneuf's level. That's the Lidstrom, Pronger level and he's not even close. Do you realize how good Phaneuf really is? The lure of a Montoya deal to Florida goes beyond the rink -- the Panthers desperately need a box office attraction and what better than a Cuban-American Goaltender? Horton is the likely asking price and looking objectively at that deal, I would sure consider it on both sides.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 03:39 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:

Thank you for helping prove my point.

So what's that about Bouwmeester not being on that level, in the hall?

With that being said, I'm not giving up Montoya unless Bouwmeester or Horton are coming back. We'd package Montoya and some other players for either of the two.

Old
01-27-2007, 03:41 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Nah.

If we're trading Montoya, it's as part of a package for a young franchise center/defender.

The only player I'd want from Florida right now is Bouwmeester, and in that case, I'll offer up Montoya, Tyutin, Mid-level Prospect, and 1st.
Are you nuts?

Edit: Noticed you revised it but still. Adding Bouwmeester at the expense of Tyutin is like spinning your wheels. You might get a little farther ahead but you're still in the rut.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 03:44 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Jay-Bo is not on Phaneuf's level. That's the Lidstrom, Pronger level and he's not even close. Do you realize how good Phaneuf really is? The lure of a Montoya deal to Florida goes beyond the rink -- the Panthers desperately need a box office attraction and what better than a Cuban-American Goaltender? Horton is the likely asking price and looking objectively at that deal, I would sure consider it on both sides.
I SEVERELY doubt that you actually watch the Panthers, because if you did, you'd know that Bouwmeester is on that level. Bouwmeester is one of the top young defenders in the league. Phaneuf is not on Lidstrom's level. Lidstrom is in a class with Niedermayer and Pronger. Those guys are untouchable. Then there's a class that would include guys like Phaneuf, Bouwmeester, Visnovsky, etc...

I love Dion Phaneuf, but putting him with Lidstrom is ridiculous.

Old
01-27-2007, 03:45 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Bouwmeester is untouchable, as is Horton. Bouwmeester is a franchise D .
Ok than ....CLICK....DIAL TONE

Not only is this call done but we're calling Tampa....they need a goalie too and they have too many Elite Centers...which is really what we need

01-27-2007, 03:46 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

gotta give to get. with that said, i highly doubt AM gets dealt. he's on top of his game ATM and he perfectly slides into backup next season where I'm sure his stock will only keep rising and then while dealing Horton or Bouwmeester isn't desirable, it will seem fair. He is a future franchise goalie.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote