HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Some good news... A nice article on Dvorak.

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2003, 11:38 AM
Oylerz

vCash: 500
Some good news... A nice article on Dvorak.

Hey all I was just at NHL.com and read this article about Dvorak, I enjoyed it and thought I would post a link. Enjoy!

http://nhl.com/worldgame/eurostars/dvorak120503.html

Old
12-05-2003, 11:46 AM
Walsher

That was a great article. You can tell he loves Edmonton. Have you ever been at a game when he gets a star. Rather than just lifting his stick to the crowd with that "I'm awesome" look that others give he is always applauding the crowd for their support. he seems to really love it here, like most do. This is extremely good for the team. he has bought in 100% and his play has been evidence of that. A real hockey talent with the desire as strong as any. Really a great addition. Lets hope the team gets rolling because this guy can really do damage.

Old
12-05-2003, 11:54 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher
That was a great article. You can tell he loves Edmonton. Have you ever been at a game when he gets a star. Rather than just lifting his stick to the crowd with that "I'm awesome" look that others give he is always applauding the crowd for their support. he seems to really love it here, like most do. This is extremely good for the team. he has bought in 100% and his play has been evidence of that. A real hockey talent with the desire as strong as any. Really a great addition. Lets hope the team gets rolling because this guy can really do damage.
Now, could you imagine if Carter had the same work ethic Dvorak does? He would be a 50 goal scorer. This isn't a knock on Carter, because very few people have that work ethic, but even when Dvorak doesn't get a point, you still notice him doing all kinds of great things out on the ice.

Old
12-05-2003, 11:58 AM
Walsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
Now, could you imagine if Carter had the same work ethic Dvorak does? He would be a 50 goal scorer. This isn't a knock on Carter, because very few people have that work ethic, but even when Dvorak doesn't get a point, you still notice him doing all kinds of great things out on the ice.
Exactly. No matter what the situation this guy is always the most hard working guy. he creates something pretty much every shift and he is very responsible defensively. He has blocked shots and plays with great awareness and shows his hockey sense. Once he gets the confidence offensively (which started to come) he is going to be a dominant player. Great shot, excellent speed, good passer, very creative, all aspects he brings to the team and he has shown he will be good for many years. Carter to me lacked any desire to win. He scored lts of goals but dissapeared when the team needed him most. The example of this I always refference was his 1 GWG all season before he was dealt last year, and that came days before the trade deadline against LA.

Old
12-05-2003, 12:50 PM
Boondock Saint

The more I hear about this guy, the more I realize the Carter/Dvo deal was an OVERWHELMING win for KLo.

Granted, Carter might very well be the more skilled of the two, but Dvo's work ethic, love of the city, rapport with teammates are very important variables to be considered in this.

Remember when the trade was announced and some fans were outraged, Muckler was interviewed on the radio and said he didn't understand the uproar, he felt that finances aside, KLo picked Sather's pocket??? Seems like Mucks must have known that Dvo would be great for the Oil.

Dvorak > Carter, Cross > Pisa............. KLo > Sather ??????

Old
12-05-2003, 01:00 PM
barto

Yeah, I was one of the initially-outraged ones, as all I really knew of Dvorak was that he had had one good season (31 goals) and only had 6 at the time of the trade, vs. 20+ for Carter. The rumour of money being involved made it seem a more balanced trade, although Lowe denied it...

Now I can see why no money (likely) changed hands - this was a great move to get a guy like Dvo.

Two thumbs up to Lowe and Dvo on this one!

Bart

Old
12-05-2003, 01:25 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
the only reason we got Dvorak at that price other than the fact that he notch 6 goals only was coz of the knee injury where many felt that he may not be able to recover from it back to that 31 goalscorer.

Old
12-05-2003, 01:36 PM
OYLer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint
Granted, Carter might very well be the more skilled of the two, but Dvo's work ethic, love of the city, rapport with teammates are very important variables to be considered in this.
I would suggest that Dvo is more skilled than Carter and skates better as well. Carter was a good player for the Oilers and he too loved the city and had an excellent rapport with his teammates. The trade wasn't much of a salary dump and Carter will probably pan out for the Rangers. Cross was the difference and credit to Billy Moores is in order. When Dvo finds the right line mates points are going to start piling up.

I was on record early as being positive about both deadline trades. Izzy remains the puzzle and were he to heal and get hot and mean Isbister could make K-lo look like a genius. Here's hoping Brad blossoms with lots of thorns!

Old
12-05-2003, 02:08 PM
kraigus

Send a message via ICQ to kraigus Send a message via MSN to kraigus
Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer
I would suggest that Dvo is more skilled than Carter and skates better as well. Carter was a good player for the Oilers and he too loved the city and had an excellent rapport with his teammates.
I gotta go with you on this too - the only thing Carter has over Dvo right now is he showed better finish around the net, but he seemed to wilt under pressure, whereas Dvo is... irrepressible. I wasn't sure about the trade at first myself, but I'm really happy about it now. The Rags may or may not get their $ out of Carter, but I don't really care - Dvorak's great.

Old
12-05-2003, 02:29 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

I liked it from the beginning. My only concern about Dvorak was his knee. I never really liked Carter from the beginning because we traded away Bill Guerin...so it sort of left a stain already. He sort of grew on me with some flashes but towards the end he seemed to me like he was floating around.
Its nice to know that D-vo has settled down and loves the city, cause I hope he stays here for the long run (hopefully his knees are healed)

Old
12-05-2003, 11:33 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

vCash: 730
one of the few oilers this year who has played hard each and every game. the recent struggles are not helping but dvorak is still creating chances. was very happy when we landed him last year one of those players who really needed a change of scenary. unlike carter he is enjoying his time here in edmonton. good job dvorak.

Closed Thread