HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

OT - Car washes in Edmonton

Old
01-27-2007, 12:17 PM
metallicat
@metallicat51

vCash: 500
OT - Car washes in Edmonton

Does anyone know of an indoor, heated car wash in Edmonton where one can bucket wash his vehicle? The wand washes don't like you doing that if there are people waiting behind you. Anyone know of a specific place?

metallicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 12:41 PM
Terry Cahill

I really don't think so.

Terry Cahill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 01:46 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
Does anyone know of an indoor, heated car wash in Edmonton where one can bucket wash his vehicle? The wand washes don't like you doing that if there are people waiting behind you. Anyone know of a specific place?

lol you are a cheap son of a gun aren't you?

I live in Winnipeg now and actually found an apartment block with heated u/g parking and a 2 stall car wash (super cheap!)

What I used to do is go to Hughes... soap up my car... spray my wash mitt (bought at Cdn Tire for like 10 bucks) wipe the whole car down, then rinse. Only cost you 2 bucks.

The best car wash in Edmonton, the one I miss so much is the one off the Yellowhead between Rexall and 97th? It has everything, inluding huge vending machines with all the supplies, Air blowers, upholstery shampooers etc etc. Fantastic place!

01-27-2007, 02:14 PM
metallicat
@metallicat51

Hell, I'd pay to use a place like the one I described. It's not about the money, it's about getting a decent car wash, and having a place to dry it myself when it's below freezing outside.

Old
01-27-2007, 02:18 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

vCash: 50
Quote:
Hell, I'd pay to use a place like the one I described. It's not about the money, it's about getting a decent car wash, and having a place to dry it myself when it's below freezing outside.
Well I'm not 100% sure about the address of the Car wash off of the Yellowhead, but its pretty big, and during the day it's not that busy so they don't mind if you hand dry inside. Its about half way between Rexall place and 97th when your heading west... its on the same side of the road as your driving. You round the second turn of the 'S' curve and you see the Car Wash sign. Best in town!

Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 02:25 PM
metallicat
@metallicat51

Ok, I'll look into it. Thanks.

Old
01-27-2007, 02:26 PM
PDO

Send a message via AIM to PDO
Quote:
Are you referring to a hand wash?

There's two on the South Side, not sure of the exact addresses of either, but..

Off 111th street heading north, turn right at 40th ave.. follow it until there's a little strip mall, it's in there.

34th.. and 99th street? Maybe Parsons? Haven't been there in a while, but that's the general area, it's right along 34th.

Not sure if either is heated.

PDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 02:29 PM
metallicat
@metallicat51

Well yeah, it can be a hand wash, but it has to approve of people taking their time washing their vehicles, with buckets and whatnot. The one I go to on Fort Road says something to the effect of no bucket washing when there are cars waiting.

Thanks for the tip, I'll look into that as well.

Old
01-27-2007, 02:34 PM
PDO

Send a message via AIM to PDO
Quote:
Well yeah, it can be a hand wash, but it has to approve of people taking their time washing their vehicles, with buckets and whatnot. The one I go to on Fort Road says something to the effect of no bucket washing when there are cars waiting.

Thanks for the tip, I'll look into that as well.
I believe both charge you based upon the amount of time you take, so I can't see any issues with taking your time.

PDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 02:44 PM
oilphan

Just go to Bubbles. They do a great job and are relatively inexpensive. You will probably spent $5 more than doing it yourself and they'll do a way better job.

oilphan is offline   Reply With Quote