HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Hemsky

Old
01-27-2007, 02:41 PM
oilphan

vCash: 500
Hemsky

There is no denying that Hemmer is a talented and exciting player who has alot of potential. The reality is that he is only 23 and some inconsistency should be expected. But the thing that bothers me is that he seems to be a bad decision maker. More than any player tht I have seen Hemsky tends to make the "high risk, low reward" plays. These plays continue to be momentum killers for the team and I think the coaching staff needs to address it instead of fearing that they will stifle his development.

How many times have you seen this scenario, or something like it. We have the opportunity to come back, take the lead, or pull away in a close game. We get a PP and have the other team on the defensive and Hemmer tries the 50 foot saucer pass from the half boards to the point that just sails into our end relieving the pressure. Other elite players players (Jagr, Thornton, Lecavalier, Crosby, Spezza, etc.) never make these bonehead plays...maybe they would try this pass from the point to the side of the net, but they never take such a risk when the upside is a one timer from the blue line with the goalie in good position.

There are so many instances where he does this and just kills our momentum and it is deflating us countless times every game. If he keeps making bad decisions like this he will never be a consistent and elite player.

I have read so many Hemsky threads, and I have never seen anyone talk about this...does anyone else see this?

oilphan is offline   Reply With Quote