HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Please sign Volchenkov to 5 year deal

Old
01-28-2007, 11:52 PM
The Fuhr*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XpLiCiT_P1ayA__ View Post
well hossa hasnt proved anything .. and he actually taught he's eligible to demand big contracts without performing in the playoffs everytime ...

even a 100 goal season means nothing when you cant produce when it really matters
Hossas last 37 playoff games

12 goals 18 assists 30 points. including 16 points in 18 games in the 03 playoff run.

Ya Hossa showed up.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 11:58 PM
Answer

no he didnt .. i've watched the games and hossa almost looked invisible!! .. great players have to be even greater in the playoffs .. he seem to lack of every year !!

in playoffs the rosters are reduced .. better players get more ice time and they are expected to be better than the regular season

the stat sheets doesnt always tells the whole story ... not that his playoff stats are good ... but they still overates his performance

Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 08:45 AM
Silvercup Returns
classless chick :(

vCash: 50
Send a message via Skype™ to Silvercup Returns
Quote:
no he didnt .. i've watched the games and hossa almost looked invisible!! .. great players have to be even greater in the playoffs .. he seem to lack of every year !!

in playoffs the rosters are reduced .. better players get more ice time and they are expected to be better than the regular season

the stat sheets doesnt always tells the whole story ... not that his playoff stats are good ... but they still overates his performance
Even if Marian wasn't scoring, he was still in the goalie's face! He had consistent effort night in and night out, but he was getting shut down by either the other team's hot goalie or hot defense.

Even in that game seven versus the Devils, Hossa still wanted that tying goal. He never quit, in our end or the offensive end.

He showed up, and he still shows up to every game.

Twitter: @livelikeagypsy
Silvercup Returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 08:47 AM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCup View Post
Even if Marian wasn't scoring, he was still in the goalie's face! He had consistent effort night in and night out, but he was getting shut down by either the other team's hot goalie or hot defense.

Even in that game seven versus the Devils, Hossa still wanted that tying goal. He never quit, in our end or the offensive end.

He showed up, and he still shows up to every game.
Very true, he showed up every game. Its not his fault he could take 7-10 shots a game and not score a goal. It got ridiculous at times.

Old
01-29-2007, 08:59 AM
Silvercup Returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhr86 View Post
Very true, he showed up every game. Its not his fault he could take 7-10 shots a game and not score a goal. It got ridiculous at times.
I just wanted Brodeur to get kicked in the head or something so Hossa could score, is that too much to ask?

Old
01-29-2007, 09:06 AM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
I just wanted Brodeur to get kicked in the head or something so Hossa could score, is that too much to ask?
No, same with the Toronto goalies. I remember when Hossa caught the ultimate break and was left in alone in Game 6OT against TO and could not pot his chance.

Old
01-29-2007, 09:12 AM
Silvercup Returns

Quote:
No, same with the Toronto goalies. I remember when Hossa caught the ultimate break and was left in alone in Game 6OT against TO and could not pot his chance.
I almost started ing there. He put his heart into this team.

I don't understand why so many people are trying to discredit what he did for Ottawa. If it wasn't for Hossa, we wouldn't be where we are today, or would have ever gotten the President's Trophy or made it to that game 7. He was the backbone of this team for so long, and as he matured so did our team.

Old
01-29-2007, 10:43 AM
Bileur

5? Meh. I'd go 10.

Bileur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 11:11 AM
discostu

In all seriousness, is Volchenkov a player you'd be happy if the Sens gave a long-term contract to (at market rates). He's a player that will play through any injury he possibly can, but, even he has his limits. With the amount of physical contact that he's involved with on a game-in, game-out basis, he is a high injury risk player.

Personally, I'd consider it, only if I felt that we were getting him for a bit of a discount. I like the idea of rewarding a player of his style, even if there are risks, as it shows the rest of the team how much that type of dedication is valued. But, at a price of say $3-3.5M per year (which is what he'll likely be worth at least by the time he's a UFA), I'd be hesitant.

discostu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 11:53 AM
billpo

Quote:
well hossa hasnt proved anything .. and he actually taught he's eligible to demand big contracts without performing in the playoffs everytime ...

even a 100 goal season means nothing when you cant produce when it really matters

I agree here. There are a lot of guys who have proven nothing on this team, and have been sighed to big contracts. If playoff performance is what matters(and it does to me), a lot of players should not have been signed. I'd give him 3 yrs. I wouldn't sign anybody under this cap system for longer.

billpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 12:01 PM
Answer

a 6 million per year contract for 3 years .. sorry hossa you were way ahead of yourself ...

getting back heatley is definitely a + in my books .. he certainly has proven it aswell!

did i mention hossa was my favorite player while he was a sen .. he was the main reason i started liking the sens while sitting in edmonton ... but facts are facts .. he did leave me disappointed ..

Old
01-29-2007, 12:06 PM
Silvercup Returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by billpo View Post
I agree here. There are a lot of guys who have proven nothing on this team, and have been sighed to big contracts. If playoff performance is what matters(and it does to me), a lot of players should not have been signed. I'd give him 3 yrs. I wouldn't sign anybody under this cap system for longer.
Okay, if we go with this train of thought, how many times would we have gotten into the playoffs? If we ditch the top players of the regular season, we wouldn't have even made it to the playoffs.

If we're going just on playoff performers to sign, then how many of the Sens that we currently have would be on the roster today?

Old
01-29-2007, 12:10 PM
Answer

Quote:
Okay, if we go with this train of thought, how many times would we have gotten into the playoffs? If we ditch the top players of the regular season, we wouldn't have even made it to the playoffs.
If we're going just on playoff performers to sign, then how many of the Sens that we currently have would be on the roster today?

he was not the only reason for our season success .. please dont overrate him to that extend ...

Old
01-29-2007, 12:12 PM
Brandi

I'd love a long term signing with Anton.

I see him staying a solid level of playing for a number of years.

And he doesn't injury quickly or for a long term. With all the hits and blocked shots, his body is pretty damn tough.

Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 12:12 PM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
he was not the only reason for our season success .. please dont overrate him to that extend ...
He was one of the main reasons though. He carried the offense for many years, we would have missed the playoffs without him on more then one occasion.

Old
01-29-2007, 12:14 PM
Brandi

Quote:
He was one of the main reasons though. He carried the offense for many years, we would have missed the playoffs without him on more then one occasion.
I didn't follow the Sens that closely before the past couple of years, so I can't really comment.

I do remember him finally scoring on TO - vs Belfour in the playoffs. I've never seen anyone so relieved.

Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 12:14 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

While the parallels to Senator playoff performances are evident, let's not let this Volchenkov-oriented thread go too far off-topic.

NyQuil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 12:16 PM
Answer

Quote:

no we would have not !!

havlat and spezza were pretty much limited because of him ..

all im saying is its good that he's gone .. 6 million on him wasnt worthed ... just move on .. it would be good to have him back but im not willing to give up heatley or spezza for him .. or even redden or volchenkov ...

Old
01-29-2007, 12:16 PM
Redden Punches Faces*

Quote:
Originally Posted by billpo View Post
BILLPO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Redden Punches Faces* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 12:29 PM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
no we would have not !!

havlat and spezza were pretty much limited because of him ..

all im saying is its good that he's gone .. 6 million on him wasnt worthed ... just move on .. it would be good to have him back but im not willing to give up heatley or spezza for him .. or even redden or volchenkov ...
Yes because Jacques Martin was going to trust Spezza and Havlat to play prime minutes back then. Hossa did more then just play offense he was easily this teams best defensive forward. If the cap was what it is now last year I would have easily paid Hossa Reddens money. Hossa is the best two-way forward in the NHL.

Old
01-29-2007, 12:33 PM
Answer

Heatley>Hossa .. enough said!!

even i wouldnt had paid him 6 millions a year

he is gone, not coming back .. was a smart move .. just accept it!!

Old
01-29-2007, 12:35 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Is this thing on? *taps microphone*

Old
01-29-2007, 12:39 PM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Heatley>Hossa .. enough said!!

even i wouldnt had paid him 6 millions a year

he is gone, not coming back .. was a smart move .. just accept it!!
Heatley is going to ask for the same amount if not more when his contract is up too. Hossa is the better player but Heatley is awesome for what he does at 4.5 million.

OK NyQuil, I'll stop with the Hoosa talk as this is a Volchenkov thread.

Old
01-29-2007, 12:43 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

It's like a last-word contest.

Don't make me have to move posts into a new thread.

Old
01-29-2007, 12:50 PM
billpo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
Is this thing on? *taps microphone*

billpo is offline   Reply With Quote