HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Please sign Volchenkov to 5 year deal

Old
01-29-2007, 12:53 PM
billpo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCup View Post
Okay, if we go with this train of thought, how many times would we have gotten into the playoffs? If we ditch the top players of the regular season, we wouldn't have even made it to the playoffs.

If we're going just on playoff performers to sign, then how many of the Sens that we currently have would be on the roster today?
I agree. The first year you let it go(bad luck). The second year you tweak a bit, The third year.... But in the 4th year....***!!!!!!

ok...ok I'm done too.....for now

billpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 01:03 PM
billpo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Elbows View Post
BILLPO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Johnny. Whats up with the cheering section?......

billpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 01:23 PM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Elbows View Post
BILLPO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I lol'd. Everytime you do that, I lawl.

To keep it on topic: ... SIGN ANTON OR I'LL BE FOREVER SAD AND BUG THE POOR AUSSIE GIRL KNITTINGONSKATES FOREVER ON MSN.

Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Hell on Heels

From the Sens site:

Volchenkov to play 200th game
Senators defenceman Anton Volchenkov will play his 200th NHL game tonight. While Volchenkov is two points shy of 50 for his career, the rugged defensive defenceman offers so much more than point production.

Volchenkov is currently first in the NHL with 165 blocked shots and 12th in hits with 130. Last season Volchenkov was sixth in the league with 189 blocked shots and 29th with 139 hits. Over four seasons in the league, he sports a plus-minus rating of +31 and has received 133 penalty minutes.

Old
01-29-2007, 05:13 PM
Pothier

My only gripe this year with Volchenkov is that he has about zero puck skill. I cringe every time he's about to pass it out of the zone. He's also terrible at keeping the puck in the zone along the boards. And I think it was last game where he had a one timer set up but missed the puck and it sailed down to the other end of the ice.

Pothier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 05:39 PM
Sens Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pothier View Post
My only gripe this year with Volchenkov is that he has about zero puck skill. I cringe every time he's about to pass it out of the zone. He's also terrible at keeping the puck in the zone along the boards. And I think it was last game where he had a one timer set up but missed the puck and it sailed down to the other end of the ice.
I hardly think he has zero puck skills. Maybe not as effective as the other Sens D-Men but all of them even Phillips (this year) are offensive defencemen to some degree. For a shut down defensive defenceman Volchenkov moves the puck alot better than most of them.

Sens Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 06:00 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
His first pass has been much better this year. He's got skills, look at his AHL and RSL numbers. He's just been asked to focus on the defensive side of his game on the Sens.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 06:40 PM
Ferley

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
His first pass has been much better this year. He's got skills, look at his AHL and RSL numbers. He's just been asked to focus on the defensive side of his game on the Sens.
not to mention he scored the winning goal against Canada in the WJ

Ferley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 08:19 AM
Hell on Heels

From Russia ... With Love: Smart move by the game day staff to show, on the video scoreboard, a condensed version of the classic 1975 New Year's Eve tilt between the Canadiens and Soviet Red Army between 7 and 7:30, the normal warm-up time. The game, which ended in a 3-3 deadlock, is considered by many to be one of the greatest games ever played. It featured Dryden, Soviet star goaltender Vladislav Tretiak and a Soviet defencemen named Alexei Volchenkov -- father of Senators defenceman Anton Volchenkov. Forgive Anton if he snuck out to watch. He wouldn't have first-hand memories. The game happened seven years before he was born.

From today's Ottawa Citizen (but subscriber-only content).

Old
01-30-2007, 09:20 AM
Brandi

Quote:
can't say i agree with that. Zero puck skill?

Do we expect every play to have it all?

His puck skills are fine.

Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 10:07 AM
Hell on Heels

Watching some of the game I taped last night, his speed has really improved this season. He's still not the fastest on the defense, but man what a difference from two, even one year ago!

Old
01-30-2007, 02:06 PM
RTWAP*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCup View Post
Watching some of the game I taped last night, his speed has really improved this season. He's still not the fastest on the defense, but man what a difference from two, even one year ago!
He looks about 10-15 pounds lighter. He may not concuss his victims as much, but it sure helps him maintain positioning.

RTWAP* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 12:35 AM
Bileur

Man the guy's now got a 30 block shots lead on the next guy..... RIDIculous.

Bileur is offline   Reply With Quote