HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pavel Brendl

Old
01-28-2007, 09:04 PM
squilber

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
what a bust!

from his performance in sweden, does anyone think he can make a comeback?
No.

squilber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 01:58 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

hey, remember Christian Dube! yeah, that guy was great!

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 03:57 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
what a bust!

from his performance in sweden, does anyone think he can make a comeback?
Nah, I very much doubt it. Maybe in 3-4 years if he keeps developing. Mora is probably the perfect enviorment for him. Mora is a town of something like 10.000 in the middle of the deep forrest here in Sweden. They got a core of about 10-12 homegrown players with tremendous attitude.

I think enviorment means everything in hockey. It were so obvious during the lockout, many big stars who went to big citys and teams with questionable lockerroom atmosphere didn't give a damn about how they played. While the stars who ended up on these small teams seriously busted their but off.

Brendl have already been scratched for odd periods in Mora. But he is atleast working harder then I have seen him before. If he can build on that, and try to develop his game for the next 3 years, and establish himself on he Czech National Team and play in big tournaments ect its possible someone will take a shot on him.

Though right now he is only fireing away on the PP basically.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 06:42 PM
Fedaykin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Maybe in 3-4 years if he keeps developing.
Great. He'll be what, 30? His time to poop or get off the pot is long gone.

Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 03:58 AM
KRM

He had a bad game yesterday but got a empty net goal which he directed in on the goal line.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 04:37 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
Great. He'll be what, 30? His time to poop or get off the pot is long gone.
You are right, it doesn't feel like he'll be 27 y/o this year... Time flyes, thought he were 23-24...

At the same time, he got a helluva release. But like you said the age bit makes it allot more unlikely...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 07:26 PM
blandBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
Someone who I know that posts on here said it best... he nick-named him... Pavel "My 2nd Home Is McDonald's" Brendl.

When he came to Rangers training camp in 2000 about 10-15 pounds overweight and got sent down Calgary...

All the talent in the world, no drive, what-so-ever. Easily could have been a 50 goal guy at the NHL level if he ever gave a crap. I'd kill for that kind of talent, and there he goes and wastes it away.
I saw Brendl play out here with the Calgary Hitmen, and I saw some real skills. Good skater, great puckhandling and shooting, but he was soft, as in he did not have any fire in his belly. He got fed lots of really nice passes that broke him loose (lots of his numbers were due to playing a Hitmen team that was a wrecking crew in the WHL for a couple of seasons), but I knew, knew, knew that he was not going to be the Rangers saviour. All you had to do was see him out there on the same ice as North American bred players and you could see he was rarely busting his butt, never saw him really angry. The talent side was great, but the guts and attitude side stunk.

If he would have proved me wrong when he got to MSG, I would have been more than happy to eat crow, but he was what he was.

blandBob is offline   Reply With Quote