HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

Victor Oreskovich

Old
01-28-2007, 09:23 AM
Brock

vCash: 500
Victor Oreskovich

Hey Kitchener fans, I haven't been able to see Oreskovich play since the beginning of the year when he was in a bit of a slump, like that 4 point November (maybe in part to his team suspension). But I've noticed that as each month has passed, he's begun to contribute more and more. And in January so far, hes got 10 goals in 10 games.

Is he finally starting to blossom out there and live up to his potential, or is it more to do with the guys hes been playing with (like Peter Tsimikalis or the recently acquired Downie)? Or has it been just improvements in Victor's game? Also how has the whole lockerroom, ice issues been with him since the incident? Is he still freaking out at teammates on the ice?

Brock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 09:44 AM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
Hey Kitchener fans, I haven't been able to see Oreskovich play since the beginning of the year when he was in a bit of a slump, like that 4 point November (maybe in part to his team suspension). But I've noticed that as each month has passed, he's begun to contribute more and more. And in January so far, hes got 10 goals in 10 games.

Is he finally starting to blossom out there and live up to his potential, or is it more to do with the guys hes been playing with (like Peter Tsimikalis or the recently acquired Downie)? Or has it been just improvements in Victor's game? Also how has the whole lockerroom, ice issues been with him since the incident? Is he still freaking out at teammates on the ice?
He has been stellar since being sent home for the weekend. He's using his size and speed the way everyone hoped he would. He's definitely clicked with Tsimikalis and their line is a threat to score every time they're on the ice, but it's not a case of VO riding Tsimikalis' coattails. He's been flying out there.

As far as his attitude, it's not been an issue. A couple of quotes from The Record (www.therecord.com):

Quote:
"Before I got here, I kind of heard he was a little on edge all the time," Tsimikalis said of Oreskovich.

"Now, on the bench, he's encouraging guys. Stuff will go a little wrong out there and he won't freak out."
Quote:
"Everyone knew Victor had the tools to be a good player," DeBoer said. "He just had to come to terms with the level he was at and the role he was going to have to play, and what he was going to have to do to get a pro contract. Once he got a handle on that, he's been off to the races."
Quote:
"I love hockey. I always have," said Oreskovich, a Colorado NHL pick who wondered out loud about his future in the game back in the uncertain days of November.

"My mind wasn't in the right place then and now it is."

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 08:10 AM
hockeylife

Thankfully he has a great coach to get his head back where it needed to be.

hockeylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 11:55 AM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylife View Post
Thankfully he has a great coach to get his head back where it needed to be.
Pete, is that you?

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote