HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

reffing

Old
01-28-2007, 08:27 PM
Rin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanjie View Post
Maybe instead of micing up a Player or Goalie... they should Mic up the refs lol
Now thats an idea! Mick McGeough Mic'd up on the oilers next PPV.

Rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 09:48 PM
smytty's mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilerfan86 View Post
I was at the SJ game, and it was atrocious how many penalties we were getting, and SJ got what, 2 or 3? (might be wrong)

It sucks.
i will agree that the officiating is inconsistent, but to say there's a bias or that the oilers got the shaft on friday night is insane. sure there were a few soft calls, but the call on marleau against stoll while we were down 2 men was so bad it was laughable. marleau had his shoulder in front of stoll while they were racing for the puck, never held him, never touched him with the stick, kept his feet moving the whole time and still got a penalty. the fact of the matter is, when a team has the puck all night long, as the sharks did, they are going to draw penalties. all season long the oilers have shown an inability to adapt to the rules and are called for tonnes of hooking and holding penalties. by 50 games into season 2 of the new nhl, the oilers should be aware of what's going to be called and what won't be called, yet they continue to take the same penalties game after game after game.

while i think that it's ludicrous that there is a bias against the oilers, i will say that i do think that the refs have it out for certain players and one of those players is roloson. i think the refs are sick of him complaining and yapping at them whenever anyone comes anywhere near him and now they clearly aren't giving him the calls that they were last year and earlier this season. roli would be a lot better off if he just shut his mouth and played and picked his spots to complain to the refs because he's clearly aggravated them to the point where they never give him the benefit of the doubt anymore.

smytty's mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 10:09 PM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Originally Posted by smytty's mullet View Post
i will agree that the officiating is inconsistent, but to say there's a bias or that the oilers got the shaft on friday night is insane. sure there were a few soft calls, but the call on marleau against stoll while we were down 2 men was so bad it was laughable. marleau had his shoulder in front of stoll while they were racing for the puck, never held him, never touched him with the stick, kept his feet moving the whole time and still got a penalty. the fact of the matter is, when a team has the puck all night long, as the sharks did, they are going to draw penalties. all season long the oilers have shown an inability to adapt to the rules and are called for tonnes of hooking and holding penalties. by 50 games into season 2 of the new nhl, the oilers should be aware of what's going to be called and what won't be called, yet they continue to take the same penalties game after game after game.

while i think that it's ludicrous that there is a bias against the oilers, i will say that i do think that the refs have it out for certain players and one of those players is roloson. i think the refs are sick of him complaining and yapping at them whenever anyone comes anywhere near him and now they clearly aren't giving him the calls that they were last year and earlier this season. roli would be a lot better off if he just shut his mouth and played and picked his spots to complain to the refs because he's clearly aggravated them to the point where they never give him the benefit of the doubt anymore.
Just to be clear I was talking about Saturday night and not Friday night and I should not be able to predict what the penalty pattern after a player yapps at the ref. I also was not trying to say that the Oilers didn't deserve the penalties they got but there were many of the SAME calls ignored that were committed by L.A after the Smith incident.

I also never said the bias was ONLY against the Oilers, and sorry but if the refs have grudges against certain players because they yap then you are questioning their integrity which is exactly what my original point was. There job is too call what they see, and not to be affecting by any other criteria!

So really you are agreeing with my original point and it is sad that think that it is the players fault!!

What you are basically saying is that it is ok that the Refs have bias, the players should just shut up. That's a really sad commentary. Not only do realize that it exists, we are even blaming the players.

The new rules which leave thing much more open to intrepretation has allowed the Refs a lot of room to be able to display their bias and IMO certain refs are taking advantage of it.

Last edited by hockeyaddict101: 01-28-2007 at 10:19 PM.
hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote