HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you trade for Sean Avery???

Old
01-28-2007, 12:49 PM
SML

vCash: 500
Would you trade for Sean Avery???

This team is way too easy to play against. On the rumors board, they are saying the kings have had it with Avery's antics and are looking to move him for a first round pick. Under NO circumstances would I do that, but my question is, would you make a deal for a guy with a questionable reputation like Avery, if he brought some much needed sandpaper to this soft team? I could see giving up a third rounder and/or a low level prospect like Kozak, because I don't think the phones are going to be ringing in LA to offer first round picks for him.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 12:58 PM
Balej20*

At the very least, he'd be enjoyable to watch.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 01:00 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

what's scary is he'd be fifth on our team in points.

Old
01-28-2007, 01:30 PM
NYR fan 2

Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
Yes, I would def. do that. That could be one really annoying line to play against with Avery and Hollweg

NYR fan 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 01:38 PM
VisionQuest*

Sorry, you guys dont have a clue what you're talking about.

Im a Rangers/Kings fan, living in kings-land, and I've had to suffer through the Avery era here.

People only like him because hes "entertaining," the standards here for actual good hockey players can be quite low. He's also very fast, which is great, except he doesnt have any skill whatsoever to accompany it.

-He cant shoot to save his life. Check his shooting %. Also count the fact that he doesnt hit the net roughly 75% of the time.
-He still takes stupid penalties. Constantly.
-Nobody in the league fears him, he fights like ****, and everyone gets up just fine after he hits them. There is no intimidation there. I think there is a whole different feeling on the ice when Hollweg climbs over the boards.
-He dives.
-He has NO idea how to pass the puck.
-He cannot play defense AT ALL. You'd think he'd make a great penalty killer with his speed and fiestiness. Negative.
-He doesnt play in the corners at all.
-Hes horrible away from the puck. In the offensive zone. He looks lost.
-He's a lockerroom *******. This isnt just hearsay, either. Its truth.

The only reason he's accumulated any points this year, is that the Kings are so bad, Avery is actually playing on the second PP.

I will officially stab myself in the face if the Rangers get him.

VisionQuest* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 01:45 PM
clmetsfan

Absolutely Not!!

It's one thing to have a pest on your team that gets under your opponents' skin. A Hollweg/Hinote type who you hate when he's on the other team but would love to have on your own.

It's completely different to have someone who doesn't get along with anyone, including his own teammates, and is objectionable even to his own team's fans.

There was a SI article about Avery a couple months ago (the one with Ray Lewis on the cover). Even with the author (Michael Silver I think) trying to portray him in a good light, it's still obvious that he's someone that you don't want any part of.

The ***** even went to far as to say that he thinks the reason people hate him is because they're jealous that he's dating/engaged to Elisha Cuthbert.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 01:57 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Get him in here. Put him with Prucha and Shanny. The kid is a pain the ass to play against and his grit would help big time on play off push

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 02:01 PM
funky

he's only 27, hell at that age I thought Tucker was a *****. Now I want Tucker on the Rangers. A package of Conroy and Avery for a prospect may be decent. Conroy on the 2nd line, Avery on the third.

Rangers get grittier, a defensive presence in Conroy as well as a pass first center for Shanny. They get a 3rd line agitator that does provide some offence and does draw a lot of penalties. The negative is Avery's cancerous reputation.

If you can live with giving up a decent prospect and the gamble on Avery, the team does look better, and harder to play against.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 02:05 PM
TheRedressor

I'd trade Jarkko Immonen

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 02:30 PM
gaglinefan

Avery

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 and 14 View Post

Im a Rangers/Kings fan, living in kings-land, and I've had to suffer through the Avery era here.

People only like him because hes "entertaining," the standards here for actual good hockey players can be quite low. He's also very fast, which is great, except he doesnt have any skill whatsoever to accompany it.

-He cant shoot to save his life. Check his shooting %. Also count the fact that he doesnt hit the net roughly 75% of the time.
-Nobody in the league fears him, he fights like ****, and everyone gets up just fine after he hits them. There is no intimidation there. I think there is a whole different feeling on the ice when Hollweg climbs over the boards.
-He dives.
-He cannot play defense AT ALL. You'd think he'd make a great penalty killer with his speed and fiestiness. Negative.

The only reason he's accumulated any points this year, is that the Kings are so bad, Avery is actually playing on the second PP.

OK, well outside of that do you think the guy has weaknesses?
Lol btw don't stab yourself, I'll buy food before the game anytime.

gaglinefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 02:31 PM
funky

L.A has no need or use for Immonen. The only forward I see them being interested in is Korpikoski, Tukonen's old linemate.

L.A needs Defense and goalies. The are short on picks this year do to the Cloutier blunder.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 02:39 PM
TheRedressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
L.A has no need or use for Immonen. The only forward I see them being interested in is Korpikoski, Tukonen's old linemate.

L.A needs Defense and goalies. The are short on picks this year do to the Cloutier blunder.
Bryce Lampman?

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 03:56 PM
shoothepuck

If you get him on the cheap, ok, but don't give up much for him.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 04:31 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 and 14 View Post

-He dives.

that was a great post and the ending didn't disappoint

I don't have a clue about Avery so I'll take your word for it.. I have never liked him, if he can tear up a locker room which seems to be his M.O. really, I don't see why this team would even consider getting him because if there's one thing we have that you can be happy about is the way this team is off the ice and in the locker room

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 05:03 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Don't like him at all.

I watch the Kings as well on center ice, and 35 and 14 is dead on with his analysis.

The guy doesn't backcheck hard. He runs his mouth and takes stupid penalties, something that this team does enough of already. He's not exactly the greatest hitter. Don't expect him to be a fighter, this guy ducks out of as many fights as Claude Lemieux did. And from what I've heard... he's a locker-room cancer. They say he has his head lodged in his rear end.

He's gritty, but he'll only score with teammates that can score on his line. He's getting power play time, and that's why he scored. He alone won't make the 3rd and 4th lines any better.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 05:31 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

I'll pass, in the few games that I have seen him play, it didnt seem to me that anyone was too intimidated by him. Maybe i'm off here,but thats how I see it.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 05:36 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
I'll pass, in the few games that I have seen him play, it didnt seem to me that anyone was too intimidated by him. Maybe i'm off here,but thats how I see it.
You're not off at all.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 05:37 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

I'd offer a couple of b level prospects which sounds like it wouldn't be enough...

Maybe in a larger deal for Conroy and Nordstrom I'd ask for Avery as well..(although the Kings are probably better off trading each player in separate deals)

for all the head case issues and lockeroom talk he is a good hockey player and brings something this team is lacking...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 06:51 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
Don't like him at all.

I watch the Kings as well on center ice, and 35 and 14 is dead on with his analysis.

The guy doesn't backcheck hard. He runs his mouth and takes stupid penalties, something that this team does enough of already. He's not exactly the greatest hitter. Don't expect him to be a fighter, this guy ducks out of as many fights as Claude Lemieux did. And from what I've heard... he's a locker-room cancer. They say he has his head lodged in his rear end.

He's gritty, but he'll only score with teammates that can score on his line. He's getting power play time, and that's why he scored. He alone won't make the 3rd and 4th lines any better.
ehh if its for Malik id take Avery but nothing more. Id rather take the chances of Tucker leaving ufa then having Avery. Tucker is also more skilled.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 07:07 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
You should all know that I think that Tucker is a gutless cheap-shot artist, but I like him lightyears ahead of Avery. At least Tucker's teammates like him. The last thing this team needs is a cancer to rupture an already strained lockerroom environment.

As much as I'd love to see Elisha Cuthbert at Rangers games, even she isn't worth having Avery on our team.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 07:07 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

only reason i would like Avery to be here, is to see his GF on MSG.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 07:08 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
You should all know that I think that Tucker is a gutless cheap-shot artist, but I like him lightyears ahead of Avery. At least Tucker's teammates like him. The last thing this team needs is a cancer to rupture an already strained lockerroom environment.

As much as I'd love to see Elisha Cuthbert at Rangers games, even she isn't worth having Avery on our team.
bah, beat me to it!

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 07:31 PM
GarretJoseph*

Traded for him in my NHL 07 game.

Hes on the 4th line with Orts & Betts.

We're 23-1-1!

But I also traded for Owen Nolan, Heatley & Brewer too!

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 07:37 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

After reading what Rangerboy posted in the Trade and Rumors section, supposedly the Kings are looking to get a 1st round pick in return for him. If that indeed is the case well all I have to say is

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 07:54 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
After reading what Rangerboy posted in the Trade and Rumors section, supposedly the Kings are looking to get a 1st round pick in return for him. If that indeed is the case well all I have to say is
what are they smoking??? maybe they think they can get back someone like Mathieu Schneider. Maybe something like Morris to Kings for Avery and Conroy or something like that.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote