HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lines at Practice

Old
01-26-2007, 01:01 PM
NYCLV

vCash: 500
Lines at Practice

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

J. Ward - Nylander - Jagr

Hossa - Betts - Shanahan

Prucha - Cullen - Ortmeyer

Hollweg - Krog - Adam Hall

This is just disturbing.

NYCLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 01:08 PM
Fletch

Makes sense...

Prior to the last game Renney touted how great Krog was offensively and that he played with great offensive players this season (Marion Hossa) and after that one game Krog is on the fourth line. Would honestly rather see Cullen as the second line centerman if my choice is Cullen or Betts.

And honestly, while people are down on Hall, he's still better offensively than Ortmeyer.

Where's Straka? Does this mean if Straka's in then J. Ward sits?

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JamesG1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCLV View Post

Hossa - Betts - Shanahan

This is just disturbing.

Oh for the love of everything holy STOP USING CHECKING LINE PLAYERS OUT OF THEIR POSITIONS #%*)(#%*)(% U#*IU OIIUJ IOVJR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ....and where's Straka?

JamesG1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Not sure what's disturbing about it - Straka might be out. Oh wait, the Prucha scoring machine should be on the top line.

Girardi for Pck might be more disturbing.

Let the drama begin.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 01:09 PM
shoothepuck

Disturbing is an understatement..

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 01:10 PM
lotus

how the HELL does j.ward go from healthy scratch to first line winger? HOW?! Just because Jagr likes to play with him doesn't mean he's any better now than he was when scratched. Seriously, throw Prucha up there, or Hossa if you still hate Prucha.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 01:14 PM
trench23

ughhhhh is all i have to say...

read sams blog, you will lose your lunch.

trench23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 01:16 PM
NYCLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
Not sure what's disturbing about it - Straka might be out. Oh wait, the Prucha scoring machine should be on the top line.

Girardi for Pck might be more disturbing.

Let the drama begin.

Well, if you guys went to the link, you would see Straka is sick.

And this is VERY disturbing.

I could care less if Prucha is on the first line or not. We KNOW he can;t score with Cullen so the third line is useless. That second line will spend half the time they are on the ice chasing the puck and the other half cycling in the offensive zone and losing the puck. The first line with Ward has not worked when they tried it before, why now?

and that fourth line should just not even dress.

NYCLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG1221 View Post
Oh for the love of everything holy STOP USING CHECKING LINE PLAYERS OUT OF THEIR POSITIONS #%*)(#%*)(% U#*IU OIIUJ IOVJR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ....and where's Straka?
Quote:
Martin Straka is still out with some sort of flu and will not be traveling with the Rangers to Philadelphia when the team flies out at 3 p.m. There is a chance hell join the team tonight, but as Tom Renney said, the left wing right now is hour-to-hour.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 01:17 PM
Fletch

If Straka's hurt...

I'd actually throw Shanny up there and see if he can find his touch and move Hossa to Cullen's right. And juggle from there. Little sense having Shanny play with Betts (although I get the sense we will see a goal (or goals) from Shanny shortly no matter who he plays with because he's been rested).

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 01:29 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCLV View Post

Hossa - Betts - Shanahan

This is just disturbing.

Honestly, the thing that disturbs me more than ANYTHING about Renney this year is his love affair with Betts. Why the **** is he at 2nd line center? If you move him down and put Cullen (or even Ward!) there, the lines aren't nearly as horrible. Yes, Prucha's out of position, but that's one winger debatably flip-flopped as opposed to all four lines out of whack.

They darn well better be playing the Krogs in this lineup as placeholders for the kids while they look to squeeze out assets from other teams for Hall, Ward et. al. But if this keeps up, they've GOT to bite the bullet and start waiving people.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 01:30 PM
illmatic

- I guess with Straka possibly out, using Prucha, or even Shanny, with Jagr/Nylander would make too much sense for Renney...

- J. Ward on the 1st line has never worked, but here we go again...his talent level is much closer to "healthy scratch" than it is "1st liner"...

- Betts on the 2nd line has never worked, but here we go again...

- Betts/Hossa as Shanny's linemates was one of the worst decisions Renney has made all year (and that's saying a lot), but here we go again...

- what has Hossa done this year as a 2nd liner (or even in the past 2 years) to justify Renney "rewarding" him with 2nd line ice time?

basically it's the same type of mismatched lineup that we saw during the 1st half of the season with all the same faces...but I guess according to Renney and management, why mess with success?

illmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 01:31 PM
blue2noise

What should have happened (besides the callup which unfortunately didnt) is that renney should have considered this all star break a fresh start and at least tried to reassemble Prucha Cullen and Shanny. If Straka is sick what's the harm of throwing Dubi in there for one game against a last place team? Why are Hollo and Ortmeyer seperated? Why is Pock sitting?

im gonnna have a stroke im so mad at this team. Shanny deserves a better fate.

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 01:38 PM
Geogaddi

You would think renney would try a clean slate after the all-star break. Ya know since the guys are a bit rested. If Straka is out for the game...then WHY would you put JASON WARD on the top line.

I can see Jags giving his opinion during the game, and Prucha moving up to the top line with them after a bit.

This team is really getting irritating with the way everything is being handled.

Geogaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 01:38 PM
JamesG1221

im gonnna have a stroke im so mad at this team. Shanny deserves a better fate.[/QUOTE]

What I love in that blog is the talk about the ongoing issue of Shanny and Jagr not seeing eye to eye with the powerplay...I don't care how much Jagr's done for this team Shanny has a point when he says that they need to change something if they aren't getting results.

Old
01-26-2007, 01:40 PM
rangers5

What exactly is the justification for these lines? How does J. Ward move from a healthy scratch to the first line? How has the play of Betts or Hossa justified 2nd line time? I do not believe anyone in Hartford will turn us into cup contenders, but it is laughable that Maloney and Renney won't bring up the kids because they do not believe they can get these young kids the playing time they need. Does management really believe that waiving a J. Ward or C. Orr will really be detrimental in the short term or long term to this team's success?

I also cannot understand the sitting of Pock. I applaued the team for calling up Girardi and giving him a shot, but it amazes me that a team this average can only make room for one young player per game. We are not a first place team and we do not owe a debt of gratitude to a Malik Rachunek or Ward to keep them in the line-up through their struggles. This has to kill Pock's confidence in his game, to have come in and played decently well, certainly one of the better 3 defenseman in the last few games, and be uncerimoniously kicked to the curb for an AHLer while those who have played worse than him continue to get a free pass.

I am completely in awe of the management of this team. There never seems to be any rhyme or reason to what they do, they just keep their heads in the sand and pretend everything is going as planned. Unreal.

rangers5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 01:43 PM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 1140

HOW THE **** DID WE GO FROM RACHUNEK SITTING TO NOW POCK SITTING?

DID ****ING SATHER MAKE A LAST MINUTE CALL TO RENNEY TO MAKE THAT CHANGE HAPPEN?????????????

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 01:49 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

i think there was some stomach virus going around. most likely this mean J.Ward sits when Straka recovers (surely by Sunday) and if not, there will be more mish mash on the fly "coaching" much to Shanny's dismay.

I hope both Pock and Girardi play and that Renney puts Prucha on the 1st PP unit with the rest of the Czechs (Nylander is honorary Czech). Then they could have a N.American style PP Shanny, Cullen, and Hossa cycling and exposing the slot. Girardi, Pock, Rachunek playing the point (all three at once. no bozo, take your pick)

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 01:50 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

If these are the combinations that we can expect the rest of the way, we are done for.

This is pathetic, we have one 4th liner on the top line, two 4th liners on the 2nd line, one 2nd liner, one 3rd liner and one 4th liner on the 3rd line, and on the 4th line we have a two 4th liners and a player that can't stick on any team he's played on.

This team is so shallow and pathetic management really makes it hard to be a fan.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 02:09 PM
Larry Melnyk

This isn't the best team in the world, but RENNEY is doing a FUBAR on it....I don't care if Straka is out, these lines are absolutley pathetic...

A 4th line scrub like Ward instead of Prucha on the 1st line? Shanny saddled with TWO 4th line losers in Betts and Hossa on the 2nd line? Crappy Krog anywhere in the line-up?....No HBO line? No energy line?...No banging line?...Same old crap....And it's all in Renney's lap..This team could be so much better...

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 02:10 PM
bleedblue94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
You would think renney would try a clean slate after the all-star break. Ya know since the guys are a bit rested. If Straka is out for the game...then WHY would you put JASON WARD on the top line.

I can see Jags giving his opinion during the game, and Prucha moving up to the top line with them after a bit.

This team is really getting irritating with the way everything is being handled.
actually jagr has asked for ward to be on his line before... like when nylander was hurt, so i dont think this is so much renney as it is jagr wanting him there

bleedblue94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 02:17 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue94 View Post
actually jagr has asked for ward to be on his line before... like when nylander was hurt, so i dont think this is so much renney as it is jagr wanting him there
I'm sorry, but if it's Renney allowing Jagr to run the ship then it is Renney's responsibility for what happens to this team.

I don't care who makes Jagr happy.

4th line scrubs do not belong on the third line.

They don't belong on the 2nd line and they sure as poop do not belong on the top line.

Renney is proving more and more why no one hired him as a coach after Vancouver.

unbeliveable

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 02:18 PM
JamesG1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue94 View Post

Wouldn't be the first time Jagr wanted something that suited himself over the team..Let's see him make Ward look good if he wants him there so badly..

Old
01-26-2007, 02:24 PM
Levitate

Part of me feels that it doesn't even really matter what the lines are, because they've been ineffective regardless of who's playing where.

Really, until the Rangers can find a 2nd line center somewhere, the lines are just going to be ugly...

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 02:26 PM
JamesG1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Part of me feels that it doesn't even really matter what the lines are, because they've been ineffective regardless of who's playing where.

Really, until the Rangers can find a 2nd line center somewhere, the lines are just going to be ugly...

::::cough cough::: Nylander/Straka/Jagr....Prucha/Immonen/Shanahan...Cullen-Betts-Hossa....Dawes-Dubinsky-Callahan....:::cough::: (JMHO)