HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Very telling comments by Jagr

Old
01-25-2007, 08:17 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Very telling comments by Jagr

Quote:

I say that because as much as the Rangers’ promotion of Dan Girardi is significant, even more noteworthy are the remarks made by Jaromir Jagr just now.

The message? This is all on him.

“I think when your top guy and your captain does well, the team does well,” Jagr said. “I understand it’s a team game but when the game’s on the line, the individuals have to make a difference. That’s what I truly believe. If you want to be the special guy, you have to have those special moments. That’s what I play for, that’s what I live for.”

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

EDIT: Quoting entire articles. Don't make Sam kick your ass - Melrose

Last edited by Melrose_Jr.: 01-25-2007 at 09:16 PM. Reason: quoted entire article
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 08:22 PM
mrhockey193195

These are very Messier-esk comments. I'm glad to see Jagr verbally step up to the plate when he's on-ice play hasn't been up to par (on his standards).

Let's hope that he keeps this attitude for the rest of the season, stays motivated, and plays better. In my opinion, this difference between this year and last year with Jagr is simply motivation. If he has the drive, he can be unstopable, and that only means good things for the rangers.

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 08:24 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

And you can go to Sam's site to give him the traffic, too.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 08:27 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Those are some of the better comments Jagr has made, if not the best, that he has made as captain of this team. I think he has a little bit of a problem communicating what he means perfectly but to go back and to explain himself again to the reporters was a good move. Its good to see that he wants it and wants this team to succeed.

It is also good to see that the organization is considering moving or waiving some of the dead-weight on the bottom 2 lines infavor of some younger players from Hartford. It could be the shot in the arm that this team needs. Goods news that Girardi will be playing Saturday and Rachunek sitting, although i'd rather see Malik sit. At least Pock wont be the one sitting.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 08:52 PM
lotus

Imagine if this marked a turning point in the season?

a man can dream though, a man can dream

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 08:52 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
And you can go to Sam's site to give him the traffic, too.
done

i really enjoy these blogs

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 09:03 PM
In The Flesh

thats good stuff, jagr is serious. The team needs to work harder. Over this past week, I watched some games from last season, the rangers simply out worked the other teams, thats what we need to do this season.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 09:06 PM
Blueshirt Yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
done

i really enjoy these blogs
I agree. Sam has really developed a following with his blogs. I turned a couple of buddies of mine to his blog and they read it religiously. If I met Sam at a pub, I would by all of his rounds.

Blueshirt Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 10:02 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

best ranger blog!

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 10:06 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Maybe Jagr should punch Malik in the face like Fedoruk did to Pitkanen in Philly.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 10:13 PM
lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
Maybe Jagr should punch Malik in the face like Fedoruk did to Pitkanen in Philly.
ahah. I'd pay him to do it! Srsly, if Jagr does that he gets $1 from me paypal style. He can buy miss Inna a coke..err....diet coke.

I'd punch Malik in the face for a diet coke.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 10:16 PM
Balej20*

Atleast Sam mentioned the Rangers may call up a kid soon, as soon as they clear room on the roster.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 10:39 PM
shoothepuck

Action speaks louder than words, let's see some on ice performance Saturday.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 10:46 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

If Shanny made these comments this thread would be 8 pages and a statue would be errected outside MSG...

To be honest i could care less what these guys say to the media..What else is Jagr going to say? "I think we suck and I'm the captain of a suck team!"

Everybody involved with this team needs to understand that actions speak louder then words...

From Sather to Maloney to Renney to Jagr to Adam Hall...

It's put up or shut up time...

Oh yeah...two cliches in one post...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 10:50 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Sam is my buddy, we even link to each others site, and i frequently urge my own readers to check out his blog (i readily admit its superiority to nearly every other blog/site out there)

but next time i wont quote the whole thing.

Old
01-25-2007, 10:59 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
If Shanny made these comments this thread would be 8 pages and a statue would be errected outside MSG...

To be honest i could care less what these guys say to the media..What else is Jagr going to say? "I think we suck and I'm the captain of a suck team!"

Everybody involved with this team needs to understand that actions speak louder then words...

From Sather to Maloney to Renney to Jagr to Adam Hall...

It's put up or shut up time...

Oh yeah...two cliches in one post...
I think it is noteworthy because people have been questioning Jagr's captaincy and forecasted him to begin his "typical" sulk. I know it has been Jaromir's M.O. in the past. But I truly believe this is a sign of Jagr's maturity. Jagr wanted to be a New York Ranger, he understands that he is what makes the team go, and is putting the onus on himself instead of crawling under a rock and cashing his paychecks. He took the All-Star break off in order to rehab his shoulder to put himself in a better position to help this team. I know talk is cheap and it will come down to his 2nd half performance, but I don't think one can say this is the same old Jagr...

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 11:00 PM
True Blue

Here is what I found interesting

Jagr said what he should say, but it is what Renney said that drew my eye (sorry, hope I am not hijacjing a thread too much)
Quote:
Here’s again where the question about who is actually making these decisions arises, because Renney, in reference to Glen Sather’s office, then said, “That’s something that’s happening down the hall there.”

When I then asked the coach if he’s not involved in those sort of decisions, he said that he was, but that at some point in time, he leaves the room before the final verdict is delivered. Then Renney said, “I feel very comfortable I have a voice here.”
He leaves the room before the decision is made on who comes up? Am I the only one who found that a little perplexing?

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 11:03 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Jagr said what he should say, but it is what Renney said that drew my eye (sorry, hope I am not hijacjing a thread too much)

He leaves the room before the decision is made on who comes up? Am I the only one who found that a little perplexing?
Caught my attention as well. Very odd..

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 11:03 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:

heh, coach isnt involved in those kinda decisions. seems like a puppet type situation if you ask me.

Old
01-25-2007, 11:05 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
I think it is noteworthy because people have been questioning Jagr's captaincy and forecasted him to begin his "typical" sulk. I know it has been Jaromir's M.O. in the past. But I truly believe this is a sign of Jagr's maturity. Jagr wanted to be a New York Ranger, he understands that he is what makes the team go, and is putting the onus on himself instead of crawling under a rock and cashing his paychecks. He took the All-Star break off in order to rehab his shoulder to put himself in a better position to help this team. I know talk is cheap and it will come down to his 2nd half performance, but I don't think one can say this is the same old Jagr...
I understand why he said it....I don't care....It's for fans to read and say "that Jagr he really cares"

I think he means it but it's put up or shut time with this team..

I don't think the same old Jagr ever really existed..I'm sure he had his prima donna moments (so did Messier) but he has always been a winner..

Old
01-25-2007, 11:08 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:

Middle Managers exist in sports?

I think it's Renneys way of saying he is being shouted down...Although he really doesn't coach like he wants more youth on this team...

Old
01-25-2007, 11:27 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Lets get the thread back on topic.

Our Captain has spoken out!

Very STRONG Positive Words there from a guy who more times than not makes a wisecrack or disarms questions with his sense of humor.

Good for JJ standing up like the Captain!

I imagine the team will take special note of his statements and rally to pull it together for the stretch

Now he, and the team has to rally on those words and back it up on the ice!

LETS GO RANGERS!!!

01-26-2007, 07:03 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

EDIT: Quoting entire articles. Don't make Sam kick your ass - Melrose
Does this mean that Jagr is now willing to listen to everyone and make the power play a tad less predictable? If so, his words will have some meaning.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 07:11 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Like some have said, actions speak louder than words. Dont get me wrong, i'm happy he said what he said but talk is cheap, show it on the ice.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 07:14 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
“That’s why I didn’t go to the All-Star game. That’s why I want to make the playoffs and do something in the playoffs. These people in New York deserve it. Our team deserves it. I live for it. There’s no better place to play. There’s no better organization to play for. We get everything we need. Now we have to do it.”
I like that Jagr comment, he seems to truly want to win here in NY.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote