HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hnilicka Recalled

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2003, 10:43 PM
The VEGASKING
#1 fan

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The VEGASKING Send a message via Yahoo to The VEGASKING
Hnilicka Recalled

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=64098

No word on how seriously Roman is injured in this blurb. Brennan goes on IR to make room.

Old
12-13-2003, 07:58 AM
punchy1

well for me, this is going to be our first real test of the season. I think I recall one of the lads around here who live in Manchester saying that "Lika" weren't having a stellar year as of yet down there until recently. We allow so few shots usually per game and I would have to think that if you are a bleedin semi competent goalie that you would have a shot at winning with us. Not to knock Huet or Roman, just that we have been so good this year so often that you have to think he might be able to pull it for us.

Cheers Lika! GO GET EM!

I also would love to have seen us call up Flinn and put him and Norton (is he healthy yet?) Tripp out on the first shift and let them have at those Blues in a first round donnybrook to let them blues no that we won't be cheap shotted this time.

Won't happen and probably best that it don't but I would still love to see it one time. Like that game when McSorely dropped Messier shortly after he became a King. I think it were a record for penalty minutes in a hockey game at the time. Bloody great game with us winning and it seemed that all the lads did was fight. I got the game on tape almost two weeks after it happened so my mate had put in all of the after game reports and such and they were brilliant. Lets do that again, although with our new china doll syndrome maybe its best if we don't.

Old
12-13-2003, 08:57 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Not sure if you think this is going to be a real test because Hnilicka is going to be sitting on the bench backing up Huet or not, but... that's what's going to happen, so just PRETEND it's Cechmanek wearing the wrong jersey, and Huet, coming off his win the other night, gets the start.

As for your fantasy about Flinn, Norton and Tripp... I think RAW is coming to LA soon... tickets available through Ticketmaster.

Old
12-13-2003, 09:24 AM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
As for your fantasy about Flinn, Norton and Tripp... I think RAW is coming to LA soon... tickets available through Ticketmaster.
LOL!

12-13-2003, 12:05 PM
Kings Fanatic

Quote:
Not sure if you think this is going to be a real test because Hnilicka is going to be sitting on the bench backing up Huet or not, but... that's what's going to happen, so just PRETEND it's Cechmanek wearing the wrong jersey, and Huet, coming off his win the other night, gets the start.

Unless RAW is going to New Zealand, I think Punchy is out of luck.

Old
12-13-2003, 12:52 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arankys
Why do people like you always compare hockeyfights to WWE?
I never understood why a corporate pc place like LA even has a hockey team.
And I've never understood why people like you post replies just to stir up ****.

Old
12-13-2003, 01:40 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arankys
Why do people like you always compare hockeyfights to WWE?
I never understood why a corporate pc place like LA even has a hockey team.

As my hockey watching dates back to the original 6, with a predominance of it taking place in New York, I wish to clarify... I love a good hockey fight, when the participants are actual hockey PLAYERS. People like Ryan Flinn are not really hockey players in my book. They are big lugs that need to drop the gloves, because with them on, they are clearly clue impaired as to what they need to do to earn their keep.

Gimme Secord, O'Reilly, Williams, Vaive, Nystrom and a host of others any day of the week.

Old
12-13-2003, 02:55 PM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Nothin' but a bunch of candy-*****

Quote:
I love a good hockey fight, when the participants are actual hockey PLAYERS. Gimme Secord, O'Reilly, Williams, Vaive, Nystrom and a host of others any day of the week.
No problem there, old feller. ESPN Classic. You just mosy on over and slump into that big ol' by-now-form-fitted barco-lounger and watch those toothless old hockey players work their magic on you. Back when men were men and polar bears ran scared.

Somehow we'll just have to make do with the new, candy-ass rookies to the sport.

ReggieMoto

Old
12-13-2003, 06:27 PM
punchy1

Raw is wrestling? OK then mate. To me, hockey is hockey but if that is wrestling to you then dandy lad, have at it. I don't SUPPOSE that the rest of your post means MUCH to me then but good enough. As to the test part, well, then you are ENTITELED to your own opinion mate but the way I see it is that now that Huet is the starter instead of Roman that means that we are without our true #1 and IF god forbid Huet takes a DIRT NAP that means that are looking at Hnilika to start so, yes, to me this is a real test at what Huet can do. So, again, YOU seem to like taking what I have said and making it mean something different than what was intended. I can't fathom why you BOTHER when you don't seem to post much here unless it is to take a RUN at me, but as we are both Kings fans then that is fine for me. Here though, is another example where your style might WORK better over at that other spot for Kings "fans".

Cheers Mate.

Last edited by punchy1: 12-13-2003 at 07:09 PM.
Old
12-13-2003, 06:37 PM
punchy1

Araknys, the perfect definition of a website troll. I think I will go to a team I envy and then try and have a piss at them for sport. Brilliant.

Old
12-13-2003, 07:44 PM
The VEGASKING
#1 fan

Send a message via AIM to The VEGASKING Send a message via Yahoo to The VEGASKING
punchy, tubby is correct in this instance. Your wording makes it seem like you meant a test for Hnilicka, not Huet. If Huet were to get hurt and thats a big if THEN it will be a test for Hnilicka, otherwise he wont be seeing any action except from the bench.

The only way Milan sees any action is if Roman goes on IR for any significant amount of time.

Old
12-13-2003, 08:59 PM
punchy1

Oh, sorry then mate, it weren't my intention to say otherwise. I also mean that it would be a big test for the team with Roman out as it means that we will be having to rely on Huet and Hlinka as our goalies and that our team is going to have to tighten up in all of its game to make sure that they don't allow our lesser experienced goalies to have to carry too much of the burden on themselves. That is what I was getting at, not that it would be a test for Hlinka much unless of course Huet were to get hurt (god forbid) and then it will be the biggest test so far. I do think it odd though that other posters make these statements "tonight is our biggest game yet" and things like that and that Tubby and a couple of other posters make no mention or they can be off on a stat or two by mistake and again, no mention but if I do it i must be doing it on purpose and be totally wrong when I am just like everyone else, making a mistake or saying what I feel is going on. No worries though, I have a feeling I know why now as I am finding something out that is bloody wrong that were suspected about me on another thread and it will be put right in quick manner. A misunderstanding that is sort of understandable I reckon. Cheers mate.

Old
12-13-2003, 10:16 PM
TubbyTerrion*

yeah, honestly, mate... I was clearly thinking that you thought Milan would get the nod tonight.

And, for the record, I am a Hnilicka fan, and think he got shafted out of training camp, and deserved a better shot at the #2 job. That being said, Huet has been fine as the backup, and Hnilicka has had some pretty bad luck (in terms of injuries, for the first time in his career) in Manchester.

Old
12-14-2003, 08:39 AM
punchy1

Cheers tubby. I have been pmd about how sometimes there is a language barrier and I hadn't seen that as possible. Sorry about that. Do you think that Hnlika has the ponies to be a starter for us? I read here that he was having an awful bit of stretch down in Manchester and that had only recently started looking capable of playing some solid hockey. I wonder if he can make it here?

Old
12-14-2003, 09:02 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Based on sheer numbers, and the job that Huet has done to date, I don't see Hnilicka having much of a future with the Kings. That is not to say he is not a capable goaltender. Playing with a pretty dreadful Atlanta team over the past few years, he actually showed some pretty decent stretches.

Hnilicka clearly doesn't love being in the AHL after his time in the NHL, but I don't see that this situation is going to be resolved this season.

Old
12-15-2003, 10:32 AM
King Blazer

Quote:
Based on sheer numbers, and the job that Huet has done to date, I don't see Hnilicka having much of a future with the Kings. That is not to say he is not a capable goaltender. Playing with a pretty dreadful Atlanta team over the past few years, he actually showed some pretty decent stretches.

Hnilicka clearly doesn't love being in the AHL after his time in the NHL, but I don't see that this situation is going to be resolved this season.
According to this interview with Hnilicka, he wants to be PLAYING in the NHL by Christmas or the New Year because he is considering a return to Europe to play there.

Link- www.letsgopens.com/tomas_translations.php?id=55

Old
12-15-2003, 11:09 AM
punchy1

"NHL stays my priority. I have some contacts with European teams; certain opportunities have appeared, but I am not in any hurry to return home. First of all, I have a valid contract with NHL, and second NHL is an ideal choice for me. I believe I can still make it there."

To me it sounds like he would like to stay with what will get him to the NHL first. I know it says that he has looked at some of the offers from european teams but I think he is planning on doing whatever it takes to get back to and stay in the NHL. Interesting find though, cheers mate.

Old
12-15-2003, 11:28 AM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
"NHL stays my priority. I have some contacts with European teams; certain opportunities have appeared, but I am not in any hurry to return home. First of all, I have a valid contract with NHL, and second NHL is an ideal choice for me. I believe I can still make it there."

To me it sounds like he would like to stay with what will get him to the NHL first. I know it says that he has looked at some of the offers from european teams but I think he is planning on doing whatever it takes to get back to and stay in the NHL. Interesting find though, cheers mate.
I hear what your saying about him staying with the NHL opportunity but I don't see it happening soon in LA and it seems as though the clock is ticking in his mind...

Question--The World Championship dates are getting closer, the [National Team roster] nomination will start to clear up in 4 months. You will have to make your decision soon. Have you set your personal deadline necessary for the change?

Hnilicka--"Yes, around Christmas or the New Year. By that time, I need to be playing in a good league".

He is on a call-up right now, but I'd be surprised if he even PLAYS in a game, let alone regularly. He also indicated that he didn't think he would have a chance at the Worlds if he's playing in the AHL and that's likely where he's headed back to as soon as RC is good-to-go. So it could get interesting around the goalies in the next few weeks.

Old
12-15-2003, 12:42 PM
punchy1

I also read that Roman could be back very soon as in next game or so. If that is so then Hnlicka will have lost his chance at making the Kings regular line up this time and X mas is right around the corner. You have to wonder how many chances he will have between now and then if any at all with us. It might be a good idea to give him a start and if he does well try and move him to a team that needs a back up. Doubt he would draw too much in return but even if it were a mid round pick or so and maybe make it conditional based on how he does if he gets into any games that would be better for him and for us at this point. If he is going to bolt we will lose him for nothing, if we can showcase him a touch and get a bit of a pick for him then it will have been worth it. Gambling on a goalie to protect the others.

Closed Thread