HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carbo & Souray call it: Habs lack effort and commitment

Old
01-29-2007, 10:51 AM
Stefan_Latulippe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason allison'fans View Post
ya..another great and constructive post

your the proof that the number of post dont make the poster
Thanks!!! But again, I will get the blame!

Stefan_Latulippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 10:55 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe View Post
Well the team seems to be at the same point as it was last season and this thread is saying that!!! The question is, was he the real problem? In November, he was, now it is something else, you choose
He never was the REAL and only problem? He was one of them, you're giving Ribeiro way too much importance of you think he was the only problem on this team. You think we would be that much grittier and better with 6-goals Mike on our team? Getting rid of him at least gave us the "chance" of seeing that while Pleks has great stats lately, he will be a great 3rd center and we still have to pursue a better 2nd. But Ribeiro was not the answer for the 2nd, nor is he the solution for next year's 3rd....we're better off him.

But what if Pleks wasn't the problem lately if he's got the best stats of them all????What about there still some cleaning up to do after Ribeiro.

You know, I was more on your side when that subject came up first, saying that this wasn't the best move, we should've wait to see if Pleks was up to the challenge and all but then came the numerous injuries to D-men and he had to do something.

While this post should stop being about Ribeiro, it does make sense though since the subject is about the lack of effort and commitment, something Plekanec will never be accused of lacking....can't say the same about Mikey.....

But again, this has to stop, your point has been made.....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 11:00 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Are the Habs your team? Yes or No? You must be able to answer a simple question like that.
Of course they're my team. That was never the question. The way you phrased it made it seem like they aren't YOUR team. I guess your team is whichever one Ribeiro and Theodore play for, right?

Quote:
Next to a picture of you....must be hard to see the Habs in Fifth place despite the departure of the 3-Amigos....
Next to a picture of me? That's a bit creepy. Where did you find a picture of me?

I have no problems with the Habs in 5th, seeing as they were in 7th last year.

waffledave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 11:00 AM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
He never was the REAL and only problem? He was one of them, you're giving Ribeiro way too much importance of you think he was the only problem on this team. .....
In November and December (prior to Lapierre being sent down to Hamilton without a valid reason), the general consensus on this board was that the Habs had a great team, great team spirit because someone had left the building and we finally had a real second-line center....

So if this was true back then, why are we finding other problems now? It is not like we did not know that at the beggining of the season.

Old
01-29-2007, 11:02 AM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Of course they're my team.
Why were you outraged when I said the Habs were your team? They are, you just said it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
(...) The way you phrased it made it seem like they aren't YOUR team. I guess your team is whichever one Ribeiro and Theodore play for, right?
Just ask the question. You will see, it is not too hard to type intelligence stuff, i am sure you can do it,

Old
01-29-2007, 11:04 AM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Why were you outraged when I said the Habs were your team? They are, you just said it.

Just ask the question. You will see, it is not too hard to type intelligence stuff, i am sure you can do it,
It's "intelligent"... I bet you feel real smart right about now.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 11:06 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
In November and December (prior to Lapierre being sent down to Hamilton without a valid reason), the general consensus on this board was that the Habs had a great team, great team spirit because someone had left the building and we finally had a real second-line center....

So if this was true back then, why are we finding other problems now? It is not like we did not know that at the beggining of the season.
No, the consensus was not that Pleks was our true sacred second line center. The consensus was that he was getting the job done.

The problem we have now is basically that not enough people are showing up. I was reading a book last night about NHL history. In it Scotty Bowman was quoted saying something to this effect before training camp with the Blues "All 40 of you aren't good enough to be here. It comes down to who works the hardest to make this team"

We work hard, we win. We coast, we lose. Irregardless of if we have a SECOND LINE CENTER or not

Old
01-29-2007, 11:06 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyroe Habs Fan View Post
Way to go Sheldon, call out these hasbeens.
Some thoughts,
We need a big Centre who can skate and pass well
We need to get rid of Sammy,
We need to get rid of Cube
We need to use Streit as a 7th D man, thats it.
We need our 4th line to hit and cause ill feelings.
Ridiculous. Streit is the best 4th liner we've had for a while now. He's been insanely good. Not to mention he's great on the PK and is great on the 2nd PP.

How anyone can even bring up Streit into discussion is beyond me.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 11:08 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 1484
Does this same topic have to rehashed every ****ing week?

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 11:09 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Does this same topic have to rehashed every ****ing week?
+1

Old
01-29-2007, 11:09 AM

Cam someone tell me why were discussing Mike Ribeiro when the title of this thread is the Habs lack effort and commitment?

Ribeiro & effort/commitment have never been mentionned in the same sentence.

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 11:19 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
I think you missed the point. Actually, I know you missed the point.

waffledave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 11:20 AM
ngc_5128

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
No one on the team has been bringing any intensity to their game lately, Souray included. He hasn't had a fight in over two months and I don't remember the last time he was involved in much of a scrum after the whistle. Come to think of it there has barely been any after the whistle action this year. The Habs need someone who is willing to stir things up out there. Somebody needs to get pissed off on the ice, not just after the game.

Souray is always in the scrums...he doesn't fight because if he fights, he gets an extra 10 minute misconduct because of that huge wrist gaurd he wears. I would rather have Souray on the ice then in the box for 15 minutes, wouldn't you?

ngc_5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 11:23 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Back to topic....I would actually want to know who exactly is the guys who lack commitment and effort. I mean we can't say Saku or Higgs, or Pleks, or Bonk, or Johnson, or Streit, or Lats or Murray/Downey or Lapierre or any of our D and goalies.

Some could say Kovalev, Sammy, Ryder, Perez but then who else????Is it really the lack of commitment or effort of those 4 (and then some could say they are doing their best) that affects the rest of the team????

Some are in bad stretchs, but don't work hard and are not committed?

Old
01-29-2007, 11:26 AM
bipolarhabfan

I do not know if I have hit on something or I am way off base and going a bit loco. I know that the Habs usually have their swoon in December and January. However, could this year's swoon be attributed to the absence of Steve Begin in the lineup? Ever since he went out with his back injury, the team has been playing poorly and with a marked lack of intensity. Even though Begin did not score all that much prior to his injury, he at least brought some emotion and passion with him. This type of play on Begin's part may have inspired the others to play with some determination and intensity themselves when the team was winning and coming from behind to win games.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 11:35 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habfan14741 View Post
I do not know if I have hit on something or I am way off base and going a bit loco. I know that the Habs usually have their swoon in December and January. However, could this year's swoon be attributed to the absence of Steve Begin in the lineup? Ever since he went out with his back injury, the team has been playing poorly and with a marked lack of intensity. Even though Begin did not score all that much prior to his injury, he at least brought some emotion and passion with him. This type of play on Begin's part may have inspired the others to play with some determination and intensity themselves when the team was winning and coming from behind to win games.
If so and it's plausible, it really means we're way too fragile to even go past the 1st round of any playoff year.

More than the effort and commitment, I believe our team is not build with intense players who don't hate the taste of losing enough. I'm not the tallest but I know that when I played, and we were losing 2 or 3-0, I had to start something to get the guys back in the game, often got the crap beat out of me but at least got some emotion back in the game by hitting hard and dropping it......

We have a team that when losing, we're just waiting to die slowly.......you know that movie "Les oiseaux se cachent pour mourir"....(thorn birds or something.....) well that for me is the habs when they're losing, they're just waiting for the game to end....Possible that the style they play, 'cause of the players they have, is somewhat boring enough that it's boring for them as well. Forechecking harder, would keep them more awake during a game.....

Old
01-29-2007, 11:40 AM
Kingbobert

see the problem is that souray is trying to bring the intensit but just gets penalties...

we dont have anyone who can lay a monstrous game changing hit...well komi but *** is he affraid to hit harder?

we need a pest on this team...i've always wanted a barnaby
begine-lapierre-barnaby...there's your intense line

i'd like to see the following done

Higgins-Koivu-Lats
Kovalev-Pleky-(insert power forward)
Streit/Peroghy-Bonk-Johnson
begin-lapierre-pest/agitator (that can really skate and stick on an opponents back like begin used to)

Rivet-Markov
Souray-Komi
Dandy-Niniima/Cote

or

Rivet Makov
Dandy-Souray
Komi-Cube
These pairings are more balanced...3 Righties 3 lefties, on has speed the other size, one is more offensive minded the other more defensive

Huet
Danis

Left with Sammy, Ryder, Abischer, niniima/bouillon as trade bates

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 11:43 AM
L4br3cqu3
Booya !

vCash: 905
Something is sure, it's that Begin would bring the leadership we lack on our bottom lines... Lapierre will be good, but he's still only a rookie, I think he need a rolemodel like Begin

Oh, and why do I have to see Latulippe crap even though I have him on my ignore list ?? I mean, people quoting him, ain't I supposed to not see his crap ?

And for everybody answering him, since I'm here there have always been trolls around, and he embodies this definition very well, just do yourself a favor and ignore him too...

L4br3cqu3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 11:43 AM
Jyroe Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Ridiculous. Streit is the best 4th liner we've had for a while now. He's been insanely good. Not to mention he's great on the PK and is great on the 2nd PP.

How anyone can even bring up Streit into discussion is beyond me.
You having GUI as a avatar is beyond me. That guy is incredibly slow and lazy.

Streit doesn't hit, is small, and is not as good as Murray on PK and is average PP dman. He is a swiss defenseman and not 4th line material.

Jyroe Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 12:13 PM
orignl6

Quote:
Originally Posted by laubelroc View Post
i think he lost the team by trying to make a player out off lantdresse before he was ready .i think he is to slow right now .he willbe in a couple of years just not ready now players that should have moved up before are silently upset mark my words
you are 100% correct! at that time people were commenting on his awkwardness and whether he should be on the roster. had to have the team wondering. however, once he got rolling look out! his progress has been phenomenal. but i do agree with you that was the exact time questions had to be racing through players heads.

orignl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 12:37 PM
Catch-22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Back to topic....I would actually want to know who exactly is the guys who lack commitment and effort. I mean we can't say Saku or Higgs, or Pleks, or Bonk, or Johnson, or Streit, or Lats or Murray/Downey or Lapierre or any of our D and goalies.

Some could say Kovalev, Sammy, Ryder, Perez but then who else????Is it really the lack of commitment or effort of those 4 (and then some could say they are doing their best) that affects the rest of the team????

Some are in bad stretchs, but don't work hard and are not committed?

Well, 3 of the 4 players you mentioned are supposed to be on our top 2 lines, which may help to explain our lack of goal scoring. And up until a year ago Perezhogin was considered an up and coming 1st line player. Now he is about 25 games away from a one-way ticket back to Moscow. I think Souray is referring to those players. Maybe also to himself? But also to Dandenault and Boullion, who are good players and currently underperforming. Komisarek has made little/no difference and Markov continues to struggle with his consistency. That has to change now. Rivet is just garbage so I'm not even counting him. For 20 games now this has gone on. It's not acceptable.

Catch-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 01:07 PM
Doctor House

Quote:

Streit doesn't hit, is small, and is not as good as Murray on PK and is average PP dman. He is a swiss defenseman and not 4th line material.
I'd rather have Streit that Murray any day, Murray misses most of his hits, takes stupid penalties and has 1 point in 28 games (he's also -9)

Streit has 18 points in 44 games and is a respectable -2 so he does have some defensive qualities.

Doctor House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 01:18 PM
Shabutie

Quote:

Roflmao, have you watched a single habs game this season?

Maybe you just know more than Carbonneau...I mean he does prefer benching Murray over Streit.

Needless to say, I'd never want you anywhere near the habs coaching/management staff.

Oh and PS: Streit has 1 less hit than Koivu, in 5 less games. He also has more hits than team idols Kovalev, Markov, Plekanec and Higgins.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 02:16 PM
Jyroe Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Roflmao, have you watched a single habs game this season?

Maybe you just know more than Carbonneau...I mean he does prefer benching Murray over Streit.

Needless to say, I'd never want you anywhere near the habs coaching/management staff.

Oh and PS: Streit has 1 less hit than Koivu, in 5 less games. He also has more hits than team idols Kovalev, Markov, Plekanec and Higgins.
QUOTE=Shabutie;7829501]Roflmao, have you watched a single habs game this season?
WHO IS ROFLMAO?

WELL MAYBE HE SHOULD MAKE THIS CHANGE!!
WHY, BECAUSE I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN RID OF RIBERIO YEARS AGO!
Oh and PS: Streit has 1 less hit than Koivu, in 5 less games. He also has more hits than team idols Kovalev, Markov, Plekanec and Higgins.[/QUOTE]

IF YOU CALL HIS HITS HITS, then you are out to lunch. When Murray, Begin or even Ryder connects thats a hit, not a fly weight that you can't even feel. Streit is a defenseman and a one dimensional one at that. A 4th line guy has to be STRONG, BIG and be able to HIT well.
Also, time for GUI in the pressbox and bring up A. Kosty!

Old
01-29-2007, 02:19 PM
Jyroe Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor House View Post
I'd rather have Streit that Murray any day, Murray misses most of his hits, takes stupid penalties and has 1 point in 28 games (he's also -9)

Streit has 18 points in 44 games and is a respectable -2 so he does have some defensive qualities.
Murray did very well for us last season, he has no confidence this year. We need Begin back and either give Murray a 3rd chance or get a player like him into the lineup, not STREIT what a wuss.