HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is anyone else glad Mucks doesn't have any holes to fill this deadline?

Old
01-30-2007, 07:14 AM
trentmccleary

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckleys View Post
I didn't like giving up either of those seconds (for Bondra or Arnason, although if Aranason had worked out, it wouldnt have made as big of deal) I still liked Bochenski,
I don't like the fact that Muckler gave up $0.25 cents to check the availability of Tyler Arnason. We could have better spent that quarter taping Denis Hamel's stick for one game.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 09:24 AM
Brandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
I don't like the fact that Muckler gave up $0.25 cents to check the availability of Tyler Arnason. We could have better spent that quarter taping Denis Hamel's stick for one game.
Wow, that's a photo of Corvo in your avator eh?

Man is he ever cut.

I'm wondering what type of fighter he would be . He certainly looks strong enough.

Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 01:51 PM
RTWAP*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
Wow, that's a photo of Corvo in your avator eh?

Man is he ever cut.

I'm wondering what type of fighter he would be . He certainly looks strong enough.
He's made of glass, or maybe 'Swarovski Crystal'. He looks nice but will fall apart under pressure.

RTWAP* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 02:13 PM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTWAP View Post
He looks nice but will fall apart under pressure.
Atm, I'd prefer Schubert over him in the playoffs. But if he's going to play in the playoffs, at least he's seemed a little less risky lately, IMO anyways.
As long as he understands that Chris Phillips' hockey will help us a lot more than Bobby Orr's game winning goal hockey... I'll be happy.

Old
01-30-2007, 02:27 PM
RTWAP*

Quote:
Atm, I'd prefer Schubert over him in the playoffs. But if he's going to play in the playoffs, at least he's seemed a little less risky lately, IMO anyways.
As long as he understands that Chris Phillips' hockey will help us a lot more than Bobby Orr's game winning goal hockey... I'll be happy.
I've noticed the same improvement in his defensive game. But he seems to have accomplished that by removing the offense from his game. I'm not convinced it's that much of an overall improvement.

I'm glad it's happened though. I still think he's pretty green and if he can develop the defensive side of his game then his salary won't look like such a mistake.

If it happens then he becomes easier to trade, and our desire to see him traded would diminish.

Old
01-30-2007, 02:53 PM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTWAP View Post
I've noticed the same improvement in his defensive game. But he seems to have accomplished that by removing the offense from his game. I'm not convinced it's that much of an overall improvement.
I still think he's pretty green and if he can develop the defensive side of his game then his salary won't look like such a mistake.
Exactly, being able to do one thing at one time and another thing at one time... may lead to him being able to do both at the same time.

Old
01-30-2007, 07:25 PM
RTWAP*

Quote:
Exactly, being able to do one thing at one time and another thing at one time... may lead to him being able to do both at the same time.
If nothing else, at least it's a nice theory.

Old
01-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Lexicon Devil

Gleason not signing with us was a rumour that became an urban legend used to justify trading him away.

While his contracts negotiations were more difficult than usual, there is no evidence that he refused to sign.

The entire context of that trade, however, has to be evaluated in terms of the bankruptcy the Sens were going through at the time. This likely contributed to the Sens lowballing him in some way with respect to bonuses, etc.

Lexicon Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 10:10 PM
OttawaGM

Could use a defensive upgrade for Corvo and 1 more skilled guy up front.

OttawaGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 10:26 AM
IranCondraAffair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon Devil View Post
Gleason not signing with us was a rumour that became an urban legend used to justify trading him away.

While his contracts negotiations were more difficult than usual, there is no evidence that he refused to sign.

The entire context of that trade, however, has to be evaluated in terms of the bankruptcy the Sens were going through at the time. This likely contributed to the Sens lowballing him in some way with respect to bonuses, etc.
As I understand it, a lot of "small market" teams were lowballing prospects who then decided to re-enter the draft. Look at the Stoll/Lombardi incident for instance.

Furthermore, Ottawa already went through a 1st round recompansation issue with Chouinard and probably felt that the might end up the same way.

Personally, even if he wasn't refusing to sign. It's was still a hassle and it made trading him less of an issue for me.

IranCondraAffair is offline   Reply With Quote