HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Perception of Roszival

Old
01-29-2007, 09:34 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

vCash: 500
Perception of Roszival

Last year, Roszival was pillaged on this board for most of the season while running up a +35. This year, he's basically flat (0 before tonight) but review of his play has been far more mild mannered. Interesting isn't it?

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 09:35 PM
NYCLV

All the Rangers have to do is get malik away from him and give him a number one defenseman to play with and he will emerge as a very solid number 2. He has the hockey sense to see the open ise from the point and jump into the play like tonight. I guess Renney took the leash off his rear guards.

NYCLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 09:36 PM
In The Flesh

I keep him, most goals on D for us, and is realitivly stable.

Just have to get rid of Malik, what does it take for this guy to get benched, I mean Pock plays good - gets benched for now 2 games. Malik F's up constantly and starts every freakin game.

Just for the record - J Ward does nothing wrong but works his *** off and gets benched.

Makes sense doesn't it.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 09:38 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Last year, Roszival was pillaged on this board for most of the season while running up a +35. This year, he's basically flat (0 before tonight) but review of his play has been far more mild mannered. Interesting isn't it?

To be honest, I've been more impressed with his play this year. His been more physical, and he's moved the puck better, On most nights, he, along with Tyutin, is the best defender we have. And, you could see his game get better when he wasn't paired with Malik.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 10:13 PM
TomLaidlaw

I think Rozy has been very solid for us this year. Malik on the other hand is utterly worthless

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 10:39 PM
The Big Apple

Malik drags Rosie's Play Down....

The Big Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 10:44 PM
mattyd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
I keep him, most goals on D for us, and is realitivly stable.

Just have to get rid of Malik, what does it take for this guy to get benched, I mean Pock plays good - gets benched for now 2 games. Malik F's up constantly and starts every freakin game.

Just for the record - J Ward does nothing wrong but works his *** off and gets benched.

Makes sense doesn't it.
I don't want to turn this into a Jason Ward thread but I totally agree with that man. Another thing I haven't understood in this wacky year.

mattyd99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 10:50 PM
Pizza

I'm going to agree with a lot of people here. Rozy would look much better with a more reliable partner. Malik is.....just terrible. It really boggles the mind how many screw ups he commits out there.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 11:05 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyd99 View Post
I don't want to turn this into a Jason Ward thread but I totally agree with that man. Another thing I haven't understood in this wacky year.

Ward's problem is that he gives us effort and energy, but he doesn't do anything better than anyone else. Orts and Betts are similar players but are simply far more effective. I have a feeling that if Krog doesn't get rolling after his goal in Philly, then he'll begin to get scratched and Ward will be back in.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 11:08 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
I'm going to agree with a lot of people here. Rozy would look much better with a more reliable partner. Malik is.....just terrible. It really boggles the mind how many screw ups he commits out there.
And yes, tonight was the last straw with Malik for me. I will never be one of the people at the Garden who boo him every time he touches the puck because I think booing your own team's players is the worst possible thing that you can do as a fan (and the thing I hate the most about NY fans), but there's no justification at all for him being out there.

How many more TOs or near-TOs in his own zone tonight? I counted at least 4 before I turned it off to watch 24.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 11:25 PM
Garv23

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Malik and pretty much for reasons everyone's said already. Has the guy taken any penalty other than hooking? I hate those lazy penalties.

Rosival needs to shoot more and some of his puck moving decisions drive me nuts but I like him. The guy gets crushed into the boards constantly but always takes it to make a play. I admire that.

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 11:26 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Apple View Post
Malik drags Rosie's Play Down....
agreed. Malik is crap, he is overpaid, wed have to include a solid prospect for any team to take Malik from us. Rozsival has been good.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 11:54 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
To be honest, I've been more impressed with his play this year. His been more physical, and he's moved the puck better, On most nights, he, along with Tyutin, is the best defender we have. And, you could see his game get better when he wasn't paired with Malik.
absolutely agree

last season I disliked him even, he was overrated and inconsistant and constantly made mistakes

this season though, aside from the first month, he has been very good for the most part, still the occasional mess up but definitely more good than bad.. i'd say a solid 3-4, unfortunatley he is our #1 guy

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 05:01 AM
helicecopter

What kind of injury did Rozsival suffer from last night?

helicecopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 05:04 AM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Hes been a very nice pick up. Not many people give Sather enough kudos for Roszival..

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 08:37 AM
Fletch

I don't get wowed...

by gaudy stats - I get wowed by watching a guy shift to shift. Rozsival, since late-October, has been a mostly steady defenseman on a pairing with an otherwise undsteady partner. I cannot explain +/- ratings. You watch Malik get beat and a great scoring chance occurs, but no goal, then you see a softy go in and someone else gets the minus. You see Malik jump on the ice and someone scores the goal. I believe people make their own luck, but with Malik, I really cannot explain his +/-. back to Rozsival...his play has been solid; I have zero complaints of him this season.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote