HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Great Gary Bettman Article

Old
01-29-2007, 02:58 PM
Jem

vCash: 500
Great Gary Bettman Article

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

I agree with Dan Wetzel, the NHL is no longer about tradition, and the fan, but about greed, and a way to break the fans wallet. NHL jerseys constantly change, i think the NHL has had more teams change there logos, and jerseys than any other professional sport. All for what reason, to make the fans shell out more dollars, to support there favorite team. We have thrid jerseys, retro jerseys, and now new form fitting jerseys, that will run close to 350 dollars. I am broke on buying Sabres jerseys and still dont own the new slug. Still trying to catch up.

The NHL I thought after the strike was all about the fans, i am glad to see that only lasted a year. With Thank you Fans written over the ice in every building last year, i am begining to wonder what i missed, and what happend to the sport i love the most.

Jem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 03:19 PM
7bucs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connolly18 View Post

I agree with Dan Wetzel, the NHL is no longer about tradition, and the fan, but about greed, and a way to break the fans wallet. NHL jerseys constantly change, i think the NHL has had more teams change there logos, and jerseys than any other professional sport. All for what reason, to make the fans shell out more dollars, to support there favorite team. We have thrid jerseys, retro jerseys, and now new form fitting jerseys, that will run close to 350 dollars. I am broke on buying Sabres jerseys and still dont own the new slug. Still trying to catch up.

The NHL I thought after the strike was all about the fans, i am glad to see that only lasted a year. With Thank you Fans written over the ice in every building last year, i am begining to wonder what i missed, and what happend to the sport i love the most.
Nobody is "making" you buy ever new jersey that is released. If people are going to spend the money to buy all these new items, why would they stop? They'd be stupid not to keep changing things.

Just take a look at this board prior to the release of the new logo. The majority were against the change, saying they will never buy the new jersey...how many bought them and actually like the slug, now? Quite a bit..

7bucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 03:56 PM
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!

vCash: 50
Send a message via Yahoo to BUCKSHOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7bucs View Post
Nobody is "making" you buy ever new jersey that is released. If people are going to spend the money to buy all these new items, why would they stop? They'd be stupid not to keep changing things.

Just take a look at this board prior to the release of the new logo. The majority were against the change, saying they will never buy the new jersey...how many bought them and actually like the slug, now? Quite a bit..
Not me, not ever .......

BUCKSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 04:34 PM
KeydGV21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connolly18 View Post

Isn't every sports league/team around for the intention of making a profit partly by getting into the fans wallet? I don't follow the NBA so I have no idea there but I seem to recall there's usually at least one uniform change in the NFL and MLB every year.

As for the 3rd jersey's we're wearing the 3rd jersey this year because of the outcry by the fans about a logo that most people seem to like now (and I personally find to be 10X better then the franchise's original logo). Seems to me if they didn't care about the fans they wouldn't have bothered to wear them at all. As for the 350 dollar jersey's those were authentic all star jerseys. I'm sure there will be replica's available for purchase for much cheaper like there is now with current jersey's.

I also have some problems with the article, I didn't like the glowing puck but the number one complaint about hockey on TV is you can't see the puck and he was attempting to solve that problem. He talks about the franchise moves but I seem to recall the NFL moving the Browns to Baltimore and the Expos being moved to Washington in MLB. Both the NBA and MLB have had labor stoppages recently another thing he slams Bettman for. Also last I checked it's not his fault the Rigas's ran this team into bankruptcy nor is it his fault that the Penguins can't get funding.

For a supposed hockey fan Wetzel is bashing the NHL and Bettman for things that other leagues get passes for.

KeydGV21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 05:00 PM
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

the reason why people had as much outrage was because the sabres led everyone to believe we were going back to the old jerseys. So it shocked everyone and out of respect to the old tradition.. people then became outraged.

The overall jersey is nice.. and many people just wish the logo had swords.

ImpressedDAHagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 10:11 PM
Suter to MacInnis

vCash: 248
Just had the chance to glance over this article and I agree with the sentiment wholeheartedly. Bettman really couldn't have been worse for the game, even a campaign of more spectacular screw ups would have at least rid us of him earlier on.

Suter to MacInnis is offline   Reply With Quote