Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Very hypothetical, but if the B’s were to

Old
01-30-2007, 12:06 AM
TripleOT

vCash: 500
Very hypothetical, but if the B’s were to

move Chara who would you like to see come to the B’s?

It’s highly controversial he was supposed to be the marquee player replacing JT that would draw fans by the thousands, yet it hasn’t happened. In no time the B's will be selling or should in maximizing their returns.

There is probably a team out there that might be very interested in dealing with the B's and if a good deal was offered for him what player or players would you trade for Chara with a possibility of then signing Stuart.

TripleOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 12:20 AM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

then the bruins would never be able to sign a marquee free-agent for years and years. why sign a long term contract in boston? it's not like you're going to stay there anyway!

robert terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 12:36 AM
MeisterBruinmaker

Send a message via Yahoo to MeisterBruinmaker
My thoughts on Chara - he costs a lot, but the cap will rise this year and it may do so again next year. So each season his ultimate cost is lower for the Bruins. As far as being a captain, he may not be a Scott Stevens, but it's early yet. I do think he needs to step up more both on and off the ice. If he can't bring the best out of his teammates, which is increasingly difficult considering the egoist nature of today's players, then maybe someone else can.

In the end, I don't think he's a real part of the problem.

Instead, I think the coaching and depth veterans have been way too disappointing, the talent past the top-half players diminishes across the roster, there are too many inexperienced guys on the team, leadership isn't strong enough, and as a result of all of the above, the Bruins are making an excessive amount of positional, decisional and mental errors (especially defensively) and are subsequently much too fragile.

MeisterBruinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 07:04 AM
OntheBorder555

Trust me, Chara is not the problem. He is about one of two brightspots on this team.

OntheBorder555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 07:09 AM
norwoodmustang

Send a message via AIM to norwoodmustang Send a message via MSN to norwoodmustang Send a message via Yahoo to norwoodmustang
not to mention, he has a No Trade Clause he'd have to waive.

Last edited by norwoodmustang: 01-30-2007 at 07:18 AM.
norwoodmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 07:10 AM
Jason010304

The B's are giving up way too many goals..I think the goal should be to add more quality defensemen to this team, not take one away......

He may not be Lidstrom or Pronger, but he isn't horrible either..........

Jason010304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 07:10 AM
BruinAddict

It's not happening, why even bother?

Bergeron will be traded before Chara.

BruinAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 07:14 AM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

i wouldnt have minded if the team had opted to keep Gonchar all things considered... then maybe have used the difference in money to sign Stuart... you have your 1 and 1A.... not let things get so crappy with Boynton and if he stays positive and healthy he is a great 3 behind the top 2 guys here... then round out the d with the cheap guys Alberts/Lashoff/Jurcina/MStuart and I think that overall the D would have been almost as good, and a lot cheaper.

Since the team didnt keep Gonchar though, Im pretty happy having Chara here. As a premium number 1 dman, he will continue to have alot of trade value throughout the run of his contract. It is too early to deal him now, cause we have to put down a foundation sometime and try to build. In a couple years though, we could easily ask Chara if he wanted to move and get a boat load back for him. He is a good asset and I would definitely not deal him now.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 07:35 AM
flannelman
merde!

vCash: 72
I could be wong, but I'm pretty sure that Gonchar didn't want to resign in Boston and just walked.

flannelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 07:43 AM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBruinmaker View Post
My thoughts on Chara - he costs a lot, but the cap will rise this year and it may do so again next year. So each season his ultimate cost is lower for the Bruins. As far as being a captain, he may not be a Scott Stevens, but it's early yet. I do think he needs to step up more both on and off the ice. If he can't bring the best out of his teammates, which is increasingly difficult considering the egoist nature of today's players, then maybe someone else can.

In the end, I don't think he's a real part of the problem.

Instead, I think the coaching and depth veterans have been way too disappointing, the talent past the top-half players diminishes across the roster, there are too many inexperienced guys on the team, leadership isn't strong enough, and as a result of all of the above, the Bruins are making an excessive amount of positional, decisional and mental errors (especially defensively) and are subsequently much too fragile.
I think you are right on MB. Chara is going nowhere. The B's are not going to trade a premier FA in his first year. Not only would it be stupid because Chara is NOT the problem, but it would also send a bad signal to other prospective FA's. (as the max pointed out)

IMO, Chara is playing too tight. There is a distinct lack of talent on this team after the top 6 or 7 players, and Chara is trying to do too much, be too much of a "captain". He needs to relax and get back to the physical game that made him one of the most feared defenders in the league.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 07:47 AM
Duguay

We have to quit cutting off our noses -- to spite our faces.
Trading Captains and recent Free agent acquisitions only points the problems straight up towards the guys in the hightower.

Duguay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 09:02 AM
gorskic

Send a message via AIM to gorskic Send a message via Yahoo to gorskic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason010304 View Post
The B's are giving up way too many goals..I think the goal should be to add more quality defensemen to this team, not take one away......

Is it just a matter of giving up too many goals? I think the lack of scoring is a much bigger problem. If the team had more confidence that if they gave up a goal, they could get it back, the complection of the team would change, don't you think?

Look at it this way: The average number of goals in today's NHL game is about 6. If the Bruins can't consistently score 3 or 4, they will lose. Period. I don't think Lewis has given this any real thought. Being a defenseman by trade, he's much more obesees with limiting the opposition's chances. It's not a crazy strategy, but it won't work if you can't score.

gorskic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 09:03 AM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorskic View Post
Is it just a matter of giving up too many goals? I think the lack of scoring is a much bigger problem. If the team had more confidence that if they gave up a goal, they could get it back, the complection of the team would change, don't you think?

Look at it this way: The average number of goals in today's NHL game is about 6. If the Bruins can't consistently score 3 or 4, they will lose. Period. I don't think Lewis has given this any real thought. Being a defenseman by trade, he's much more obesees with limiting the opposition's chances. It's not a crazy strategy, but it won't work if you can't score.
Exactly... good stuff

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 10:11 AM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason010304 View Post

is it bad defenseme or bad forwards though that are the biggest problem?

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 10:47 AM
Genely

After watching him play so far this season I really donít see what all the fuss was about. He makes routine mistakes almost every game. When Gill made the same type of errors this board would rip him unmercifully but when this guy does the same thing, barely a word. For example, he canít seem to skate out of the zone for more than a step or two before passing and has a tough time passing while skating. He is caught flat footed at the blue line frequently. If you keep an eye on his game I think you may come to agree with me that he is an average player on most nights, certainly not worth the money he is getting. Also, I can only see his skills diminishing with age. I know his point production is good for a blue liner but how many of those points are meaningful?

Genely is offline   Reply With Quote