HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Does this team bleed too much Crimson and not enough Black'n'Gold?

Old
01-30-2007, 12:20 AM
Colt.45Orr

vCash: 500
Does this team bleed too much Crimson and not enough Black'n'Gold?

Not trying to take a shot at the "Crimson Mafia" here (all 7 of them!!) but I --as a life-long Bruins fan-- really feel disconnected from this team, and I know many others from this fanbase that feel disenfranchised as well. I have been thinking for some time now that Chia doesn’t seem to understand what kind of product the fans of this team have grown up watching and expect from their Bruins team (tough and in-your-face effort, with a willingness to intimidate and fight for the spoked B). I really do like Chia (I really do) and I am not trying to blow this out of perspective, but he was obviously NEVER a guy who was a big Bruins fan even during his time at Harvard (HOW THE HELL DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW MANY CUPS WE HAVE WON?? It is a basic part of being a Bruins fan that I knew when I was 5. Thats right, entering kindergarten I knew this and our Harvard-grad GM hazards a guess at 3?)

Look, knowing the amount of Cups this team has won will not decide if Chia is a good GM or not --it really won't -- however it adds to my concerns that Chia really doesn't have a clue about this fanbase, and the expectations.
This equals unhappy fans = empty seats= JJ not spending to the cap if he already and fans are not coming out.

Kevin Paul Dupont told Chia at the start of the year that he felt our forwards were too soft, yet Chia did agree with him, now, of course, he is going to have to overpay like crazy to bring one in. This is the softest Bruins team in franchise history. I am not making that statement to be dramatic --but as a fact. I am not pinning it all on Chia --the rules have changed... but he has not brought in any of the type of forwards (gritty SOB's who give a damn) 50 games into the season.

Paul Mara is -to me- a guy who gets it. He grew up bleeding black'n'gold and you can tell. He was one of the softest big guys in the league (in my opinion) when he played for the Yotes, but when he comes here he has been our most edgy player And that is what I am talking about here... having pride in the team, and I --for one-- was ashamed that our GM didn't know how many Cups we had won (you can count it on one hand).

Am I blowing it out of porportion?

Does having a bunch of ex-college boys running the show contribute to this ridiculously soft team we see? (I know guys like Don Sweeney played with heart... so what gives?)

I am lost for answers right now. Chia just came out of the Neil-McGrattan zone last year and the best he can offer us is Hoggan? I got shooed away this summer when I said we should get Godard, but when I watch him play for the Flames now (funny how all these good teams can carry an enforcer for their 12th forward and still succeed... are you happy with Hoggan/Mowers all you fight haters?) it is enjoyable to watch him out there looking for body contact --not shying away from it like most of our peel-off wingers. But, golly gee Hoggan sure can skate... get him a full cage and he will do some real damage out there!

Brad Park --A GUY WHO KNEW WHAT IT MEANT to be a Bruin has been continuously making a case for Tibbetts (not saying he is THE guy at all... just saying that a Bruins legend knows what type of player this teams needs) and has known all season. He gets it.
The Crimson Mafia meanwhile has been behind the eight-ball all season.. too many pizza parties talking about the ol college days? Sheesh.

Sorry for the rant, it just seems like the fans are bleeding alot these days with the franchise in the shape it is in, and it seems like we are the only ones bleeding black and gold stuff with the Crimson party keeps on going.

Last edited by Colt.45Orr: 01-30-2007 at 01:05 AM.
Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 12:25 AM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

i think we need to institute a "one and only complain about toughness/softness/grit/agitation thread" so that everyone can go in and voice their displeasure without clogging up the board with the same thread after every game, worded differently.

robert terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 12:31 AM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
Originally Posted by the max View Post
i think we need to institute a "one and only complain about toughness/softness/grit/agitation thread" so that everyone can go in and voice their displeasure without clogging up the board with the same thread after every game, worded differently.
If I was just going to complain about the lack of toughness I would have done so and left it at that.

My concerns are moreso that a guy like Paul Mara or Brad Park gets it, and the guy making the decisions, our GM, --thus far-- does not, or has not shown the willingness to do anything about it. If you are not going to read a post, and just skim through and post a one-liner than why bother posting at all?

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote