Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2003, 01:40 AM
Fan.At
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Fan.At Send a message via MSN to Fan.At
Roster shake-up

What about Bryzgalov and one of Armstrong, Mottau and Popovic? Ducks will need to call up a defenseman with Ozolinsh out and Giguere hasn't been good. It's just a minor shake-up, but perhapes good enough as a wakeup-call.

which is the way he wants it!
Well, he gets it!
Old
12-06-2003, 08:00 AM
Chistov23

Murray is attending Cinnci's games this weekend to see if there is anyone they could call up to help the team. In the OC register he really talked about how we need big bodies and that neids being out has really showed that. He was mad that nobody went after petrovicky after the Ozo hit. I think we may see severson called up and maybe armstrong or popovic. Maybe even holmqvist because he is 6'3. Pahlson has had to man the front of the net on the powerplay which is a sign of no depth.

Old
12-06-2003, 12:50 PM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

Holmqvist could play a whole game with eggs in his pocket and not one of them would crack. He has size, but for a big body that's willing to take punishment in front of the net, look elsewhere.

Old
12-06-2003, 01:19 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Call up Severson and Mottau.

Old
12-06-2003, 02:21 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Call up:

Chris Armstrong: I may be a bit biased here, since I personally know him, but I think he deserves it. He's played only one game as a Mighty Duck and he got a goal, so that's not the worst of acheivments to have.

One of Severson, Holmqvist or Aucoin. Probably Severson. The others are valuble to Cincy quite a bit.

Old
12-06-2003, 04:21 PM
Randall Graves*

Call up Severson and Armstrong, Armstrong can't be worse then Sauer and Severson throws hits,defends his teammates and is decent offensively.

one has to wonder if Darcy Tucker may be coming here.

Old
12-06-2003, 04:46 PM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksflytogether
He's played only one game as a Mighty Duck and he got a goal
His only NHL experience according to TSN.ca is 3 games with the Wild, no points

Old
12-06-2003, 04:49 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

He had a goal in the preseason I think is what he means.

Old
12-06-2003, 04:51 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock Full Of Booger
He had a goal in the preseason I think is what he means.
Yep.

Anyway, he's been great in Cincy, and deserves the callup.

Old
12-08-2003, 07:36 AM
Kick Save

Bryzgalov? Why?

Fan.At: What would be the point in calling up Bryzgalov? Nothing makes less sense than having 3 goalies on an NHL roster. (For proof of that statement, see Detroit and Phoenix.) Gerber has played well. Giguere needs to work out a few bugs, but, surely, you realize that he is the cornerstone of this franchise, don't you?

I've got nothing against Bryz and, at some point in the not-too-distant future either he or Gerber will have to be moved, but calling him up now makes no sense.

Old
12-08-2003, 08:13 AM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

a cup of coffee could just help focus Bryz....hell even practicing with the big team would be a benefit....but calling up Bryz probably won't happen unless one of our goalies absoltively sucks or is injured

Old
12-08-2003, 10:58 AM
Fan.At
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kick Save
Fan.At: What would be the point in calling up Bryzgalov? Nothing makes less sense than having 3 goalies on an NHL roster. (For proof of that statement, see Detroit and Phoenix.) Gerber has played well. Giguere needs to work out a few bugs, but, surely, you realize that he is the cornerstone of this franchise, don't you?

I've got nothing against Bryz and, at some point in the not-too-distant future either he or Gerber will have to be moved, but calling him up now makes no sense.
Sometimes the players are more focused and try to support a young goalie more than an established starter. This could glue the defense together.
And I think time will come this season to give Bryzgalov a chance to show what he can do at the NHL level.
Giguere is the franchise player, but I don't think Bryzgalov is any worse than him, potential-wise. At some point Murray will have to make a decision.

Old
12-08-2003, 11:09 AM
Pwnasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHard
Trade Giguere and take a risk by going with Gerber and Bryz.

By trading Gigger you get smaller payroll, better position for the upcoming lock-out/salary cap, some badly needed assets (no. 1 d-man or something) etc.
Trade him where?...to all those goalie starved teams with large wallets??? ( You better inform Detroit that you have a plan for their situation)

Old
12-08-2003, 12:21 PM
Kick Save

Say What?

Quote:
Giguere is the franchise player, but I don't think Bryzgalov is any worse than him, potential-wise. At some point Murray will have to make a decision
.[/QUOTE]

Giguere was absolutely brilliant in the playoffs last year and he won the Conn Smythe. I have no idea what you're talking about when you say that you don't think "Bryzgalov is any worse than him, potential-wise." Is Devon Dubnyk any worse than Giguere "potential wise"? How about DesLauriers? DiPietro? or, for that matter, any goalie younger than Jiggy?

Jiggy set a many records in last year's playoffs, most of which, most other goalies can only dream about. Has he been a little shaky lately? Yes. Should the Ducks think about trading him? Not unless they're offered, say, the Vancouver Canucks in exchange.

Old
12-09-2003, 06:47 AM
Fan.At
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kick Save

Giguere was absolutely brilliant in the playoffs last year and he won the Conn Smythe. I have no idea what you're talking about when you say that you don't think "Bryzgalov is any worse than him, potential-wise." Is Devon Dubnyk any worse than Giguere "potential wise"? How about DesLauriers? DiPietro? or, for that matter, any goalie younger than Jiggy?

Jiggy set a many records in last year's playoffs, most of which, most other goalies can only dream about. Has he been a little shaky lately? Yes. Should the Ducks think about trading him? Not unless they're offered, say, the Vancouver Canucks in exchange.
Cool down. I didn't say a word of trading Jiggy. I just said the Ducks are brewing their own goaltending-logjam with Giguere, Bryzgalov and Gerber in the mix. This is not a bad situation, but it will force the GM to make a decision at some point.

This is nothing against Jiggy.

Old
12-09-2003, 07:56 AM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

The only team on that list not absolutely flying right now is the Rangers, and goaltending isn't their problem really.

Old
12-09-2003, 08:11 AM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Long-term I'd take Colorado and the Rangers off the list then.

Old
12-09-2003, 08:17 AM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

What's it going to take for Aebischer to convince you? He's got to play in the playoffs sometime. He sure as hell has convinced me.

What happened to Blackburn? Did their awful defense ruin him for good?

Old
12-09-2003, 08:55 AM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

How's he supposed to prove it unless you give him the opportunity? He's been a backup a long time, learned under the greatest goalie ever, and...so far so good. No reason to get a goalie.

As for Blackburn, he looked great while he had his opportunities. Burned out near the end. Blackburn, Aebischer and Sauve all have enough potential combined with tangible results to have their respective organizations feeling pretty secure long-term.

If anything, the Avs could look for short-term help, but not the Rangers.

Old
12-09-2003, 11:54 AM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

I don't think Giguere will be available for a while. I mean, it took a bad year after a Hart Trophy season plus Montreal Mafia allegations for even half thoughts of Theodore being moved.
I think one of Gerber and Bryz would be moved before Giguere

Closed Thread