HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chicago G.M. Follwing Rangers

Old
01-30-2007, 06:53 AM
bathgate

vCash: 500
Chicago G.M. Follwing Rangers

Dellapina reports today that Tallon has been following the Rangers .Smolinski and Cullimore may be available. What is the asking price and what should we offer, if anything?

bathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 07:18 AM
GarretJoseph*

I wouldn't want Smolinski. I don't know enough to comment on Cullimore.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 07:22 AM
Larry Melnyk

I've been saying SMOLINSKI for over a month...Not becasue I think he's great but becasue I think he's the level of player we will go after and get, and beacuase he just might be a good fit at a reasonable cost...A pick? A 4th liner? A not so great prospect? or two of the above...?

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 07:33 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

not as fun as Forsberg...but might be all thats out there....

What about Savard?

01-30-2007, 08:19 AM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

The only players on that team I'd want anything to do with are Ruutu, Havlat, Seabrook, Keith, and Barker.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 08:30 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
What about Savard?
I was wondering the same thing...what would he cost?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 08:33 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
I wouldn't want Smolinski. I don't know enough to comment on Cullimore.
Cullimore is another slow big somewhat physical dman but not very physical for his size at 6'5 220. Him and Malik on the same blueline oh no

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 08:39 AM
Levitate

Smolinski and Cullimore would be a total waste.

Smolinski doesn't address any of the real problems the Rangers have up front, and Cullimore, as mentioned, is basically another Malik.

Useless.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 08:40 AM
TheRedressor

Quote:

What about Savard?
He'g got a heavy contract over the next 4 seasons I believe.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 08:43 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

My opinion, unless you can move the 4th liners for a decent prospect/pick don't trade anyone.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 08:46 AM
TheRedressor

I don't know about that Anthony, you don't think the team needs some help on defense?

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 09:09 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Dale Tallon and Rick Dudley are not just watching the Rangers.On Saturday,they were at the Rangers-Flyers.Later that night,they drove to DC to watch the Caps-Canes.On Sunday,they were in Atlanta for the Thrashers-Flyers.Last night in Boston

Quote:
The Blackhawks had several team officials on hand last night, including GM Dale Tallen. One Chicago forward who would fit the bill for the “energy player” Chiarelli has said he’d like to add would be ex-Bruin Martin Lapointe. On the books for $2.4 million this season and next, Lapointe, with 10-5-15 totals in 50 games, would be an affordable option to provide a spark
Quote:
Sources also said the Bruins are prepared to dump second-year forward Brad Boyes, who was scoreless for a 14th consecutive game, for nothing more than a draft pick
Brad Boyes?

http://bruins.bostonherald.com/bruin...ticleid=179950

Cullimore is coming off a shoulder injury which forced him to miss 2-3 weeks.He isn't any upgrade then what the Rangers currently have and has a contract for next season-$1.9 million.The Hawks have been trying to trade him as soon as they realized their mistake in signing him.Smoke isn't much of an upgrade either.I saw the Hawks against the Flames on Sunday and Smoke looked like ****

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 09:11 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:

What about Savard?
Savard-three more seasons after this season-$5 million per

Pass

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 09:13 AM
Levitate

Smolinski is like a slower, possibly a bit feistier version of Cullen. At least in that they'd fill the same role.

Boyes now...that's intriguing. He's listed as a center, is that where he's been playing? My feeling has been that he's not as much of a playmaker as you'd want with someone like Shanahan, but a young center who scored almost 70 points as a rookie? Yeah he's struggled this year some, but it's intriguing.

They were saying in last nights broadcast that a big reason Boyes has struggled this year is that he hasn't played with Bergeron as much as he did last year. I don't know how much truth is in that, but hey...if playing with Shanahan could be kind of like playing with Bergeron, it might work out...

More of a shot in the dark than trading for an established 2nd line center, but it does result in the Rangers gaining a young player with upside for a low cost, assuming the rumor is true.

Old
01-30-2007, 09:14 AM
WheresBarnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
The only players on that team I'd want anything to do with are Ruutu, Havlat, Seabrook, Keith, and Barker.
I agree, and they're a team that's rebuilding. I'm sure the asking price for any of the above would involve one or more, of our best too.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 09:56 AM
Kostik

Brad Boyes for draftpick?If 3rd round coud do it...bring him in.

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 10:04 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Smolinski is like a slower, possibly a bit feistier version of Cullen. At least in that they'd fill the same role.

Boyes now...that's intriguing. He's listed as a center, is that where he's been playing? My feeling has been that he's not as much of a playmaker as you'd want with someone like Shanahan, but a young center who scored almost 70 points as a rookie? Yeah he's struggled this year some, but it's intriguing.

They were saying in last nights broadcast that a big reason Boyes has struggled this year is that he hasn't played with Bergeron as much as he did last year. I don't know how much truth is in that, but hey...if playing with Shanahan could be kind of like playing with Bergeron, it might work out...

More of a shot in the dark than trading for an established 2nd line center, but it does result in the Rangers gaining a young player with upside for a low cost, assuming the rumor is true.
I've read that he's playing RW, and has been displaced by Savard

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 10:05 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post

Agree with you about Boyes..Worth a shot..He's been in kinda the same situation as Prucha this year regarding, play, confidence, ice time, lineamtes etc...Things have just not been working for him but he was awesome last year, so it's there...

Disagree about Smolinski...I think Shanny needs a C with him that knows the game, can set up the play in the ofdfensive zone, and dish the puck...SMolinski is not my first choice, but he could fit the bill and might be somebody we "settle" for..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 10:09 AM
trench23

Just be happy that Conroy is not an option for us.. everyone, one big sigh of releif.. ahhhhhhh

trench23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 10:12 AM
kovalev27hf

good point he's getting screwed around with just like prucha has this year. he's a natural play making center that's been put on right wing and he's totally lost there. i'd go after boyes he'd be number one on my list of guys to get if he truely is available.

kovalev27hf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 10:15 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I've read that he's playing RW, and has been displaced by Savard
I heard some say they think him being moved to wing is one reason he's struggled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Disagree about Smolinski...I think Shanny needs a C with him that knows the game, can set up the play in the ofdfensive zone, and dish the puck...SMolinski is not my first choice, but he could fit the bill and might be somebody we "settle" for..
I just don't think Smolinski has the skills that you mention...he's not a high scoring player, he's pretty much just another Cullen.

Old
01-30-2007, 10:29 AM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Boyes for a 3rd? HELL YEA. Man, its so weird hearing people say 26 points so far is a subpar season. He'd be fifth on the team for points and has 19 more than Betts. I'd give him a shot before trying Foppa.

TWITTER
@draftbuzzhockey
Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 10:33 AM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Savard-three more seasons after this season-$5 million per

Pass
Why? He's fairly young at 29 turning 30 and he is surely is earning his contract. He's on par with Jagr as far as production and even has one more point. Also, we're looking at worse centers who we'd certainly have to overpay for IE. Smolinski/Forsberg so why not get someone useful?

I could see a big trade with BOS for Savard/Stuart involving our first round pick and some, but they would definately have to take a contract back, and I would want them to take that contract off the roster.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 10:37 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Something doesn't seem right about the Boyes rumor. I highly doubt that the Bruins will trade a young forward who had a 70 pt rookie season for a middle round draft pick. If he indeed is being shopped, the price will be higher than that. I could be wrong though, the NHL is a strange place now-a-days.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 10:43 AM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 674

I don't think that we need Cullimore or Smolinski at all.

If we are going to go after someone, I think that Aucoin would be a good choice. He is a physical dman,very solid defensively, who can also contribute on offense. I would however not move any of our youth. I would be more than happy to move a guy like Rachunek or Malik since they suck.

If that doesn't work, I would just trade Rachunek to Chicago for a pick (a 3rd would be nice) and let Girardi and Pock play more (we still have Kasper in minors for depth).

Evgeny Oliker is online now   Reply With Quote