HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chicago G.M. Follwing Rangers

Old
01-30-2007, 10:54 AM
Larry Melnyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post

I just don't think Smolinski has the skills that you mention...he's not a high scoring player, he's pretty much just another Cullen.
I'm not gonna say that Smolinski is that great....but he is a smart player and a pretty decent all around player (plays ES, PP and PK and decent on FOs) and passer that could fit in with Shanny like Cullen didn't...

Again, not my first choice but we need somebody that is much better then Betts offensively to help Shanny and allow Betts to slide down..IMO, there is nobody in the organization to fit the bill, so we need to go outside..I'll gladly consider other choices depending on the price, but I think this is the tpe of player (not great) that we get..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 10:57 AM
SML

I always am surprised Cullimore is still in the league. He always came off like a bigger version of Strudwick to me. Granted, i haven't seen the guy play in years, but I'd be really surprised if brought anything in his game that would help us.

I copied this from a thread that asked the Hawk fans to rank their Dmen, and it's close to unanaimous that Cullimore is last.
Originally Posted by Teemu
Seabrook
Barker
Kukkonen
DKeith
Wisniewski
Vandermeer
Aucoin
Cullimore

thirded

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 11:00 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
I'm not gonna say that Smolinski is that great....but he is a smart player and a pretty decent all around player (plays ES, PP and PK and decent on FOs) and passer that could fit in with Shanny like Cullen didn't...

Again, not my first choice but we need somebody that is much better then Betts offensively to help Shanny and allow Betts to slide down..IMO, there is nobody in the organization to fit the bill, so we need to go outside..I'll gladly consider other choices depending on the price, but I think this is the tpe of player (not great) that we get..
Actually, there is, if the Rangers deem him ready. While I think the Rangers are persuing a 2nd line center, I wouldn't be shocked to see Dubinsky get a trial just before the decide to make a deal. Dubinsky's a playmaker; he's just still so raw. But, just by going by some of the accounts of 'Pack watchers, he's got by the size and temperment for the job.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 11:12 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Actually, there is, if the Rangers deem him ready. While I think the Rangers are persuing a 2nd line center, I wouldn't be shocked to see Dubinsky get a trial just before the decide to make a deal. Dubinsky's a playmaker; he's just still so raw. But, just by going by some of the accounts of 'Pack watchers, he's got by the size and temperment for the job.
JAS, I like Dubinsky as much as you and I think about him for that spot too..Ifthe Rangers decide to give him that shot, I will have no problem with it..I just think they want to keep him in Hartford this year (and it will probably be the right thing for his overall development as a complete and consistent player) and will go for a player from the outside...I too llove what I hear/see about his size and attiude...If notthis year, we'll see him next year..

Old
01-30-2007, 11:14 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathgate View Post
Dellapina reports today that Tallon has been following the Rangers .Smolinski and Cullimore may be available. What is the asking price and what should we offer, if anything?
He is also fallowing the Bruins

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 11:14 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
JAS, I like Dubinsky as much as you and I think about him for that spot too..Ifthe Rangers decide to give him that shot, I will have no problem with it..I just think they want to keep him in Hartford this year (and it will probably be the right thing for his overall development as a complete and consistent player) and will go for a player from the outside...I too llove what I hear/see about his size and attiude...If notthis year, we'll see him next year..
What I wonder, do the Rangers think his close enough to give a him a trial run, not only as a possible answer for 2nd line center right now, but, in regards to what they do next year. If Dubi comes up and plays well at that position, then there's no need to sign a guy like Drury. I think it's a question that should be answered before going into the off-season.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 11:32 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
What I wonder, do the Rangers think his close enough to give a him a trial run, not only as a possible answer for 2nd line center right now, but, in regards to what they do next year. If Dubi comes up and plays well at that position, then there's no need to sign a guy like Drury. I think it's a question that should be answered before going into the off-season.
Gotta remember, the kid has only had a half of year in the AHL and could use more experience..It's more then likely the Rangers will have to make such a decision based on his play in the AHL which, I agree, is risky...But you also may get the wrong answer by rushing him..or not rushing him....Tricky stuff..

And we can't afford to effff up again like we did this past offseason in signing CUllen as the 2nd C

Old
01-30-2007, 12:22 PM
JRGNYR

Boyes for a pick? Sign me up. I'll go pick Boyes up from the airport.

JRGNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 12:30 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
the kind of dman Sather should try to go after is Boynton, Morris, Sarich those type of dman

Would this be fair.

Rangers get: Sarich and Fedotenko
Bolts get: Rachunek and Hall

Rangers get a defensive dman that they can use that uses the body and they get a better player than Hall.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 01:00 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
the kind of dman Sather should try to go after is Boynton, Morris, Sarich those type of dman

Would this be fair.

Rangers get: Sarich and Fedotenko
Bolts get: Rachunek and Hall

Rangers get a defensive dman that they can use that uses the body and they get a better player than Hall.
Ask yourself, 'how does this help Tampa?'

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 01:46 PM
Taz

I can't understand why he still does trades on here anymore, brutal.

Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 02:04 PM
NYCLV

No thank you to both. Tell Tallon to stop following the team unless he is giving up Seabrook for something.

NYCLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 02:16 PM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Savard-three more seasons after this season-$5 million per

Pass

I am not sure what the price tag on Savard would be or if the bruins would even shop him but I would defintly take a look at him if he was available, the guy is exactly what we need, a playmaking center, he is one of the best passers in the league.

Hypothetically lets say we somehow got savard look what it would do to our lines....

Jagr-Nylander-Straka
Shanny-Savard-Hossa
Prucha-Cullen-Ortmeyer
Hollweg-Betts-J.Ward/A.Hall/Orr

I'd be very comfortable rolling 4 lines if our 4th line was Hollweg-Betts-Ward

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 02:24 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
I am not sure what the price tag on Savard would be or if the bruins would even shop him but I would defintly take a look at him if he was available, the guy is exactly what we need, a playmaking center, he is one of the best passers in the league.

Hypothetically lets say we somehow got savard look what it would do to our lines....

Jagr-Nylander-Straka
Shanny-Savard-Hossa
Prucha-Cullen-Ortmeyer
Hollweg-Betts-J.Ward/A.Hall/Orr

I'd be very comfortable rolling 4 lines if our 4th line was Hollweg-Betts-Ward
Not bad, but I'd like to get Hossa off the second line. Not sure where he should go...maybe to another team?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 02:27 PM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Not bad, but I'd like to get Hossa off the second line. Not sure where he should go...maybe to another team?
We could always bring Callahan or Dawes up and let them play the wing on that line. Putting young players in a position to succeed isn't really Renneys style though, he much rather bury them on the 4th line and give them 2 minutes of ice a game.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 02:37 PM
NYCLV

Straka - Nylander - Jagr

Prucha - F/A - Shanahan

Ortmeyer - Cullen - Callahan

Ward - Betts - Prospect

Tyutin - Girardi

Baranka - Ward

Rozsival - Pock

Old
01-30-2007, 02:54 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCLV View Post
Straka - Nylander - Jagr

Prucha - F/A - Shanahan

Ortmeyer - Cullen - Callahan

Ward - Betts - Prospect

Tyutin - Girardi

Baranka - Ward

Rozsival - Pock
staal?

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 02:56 PM
NYCLV

one more year or Pock won't resign and leave a spot for him.

Old
01-30-2007, 06:07 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Vandermeer
Aucoin come to NYR

Hawks get

Hall
Pock

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 06:24 PM
McDonagh27

Call me crazy, but I'd give up a 1st rounder for Brad Boyes.. He's young, talented and cheap. He has already proven he can make it in the NHL, and where we're probably going to pick (mid to late 20's), I am positive they wouldn't turn out as good as this kid is going to be.

Boston, however, would be crazy to deal him right now (with seemingly no to minimal trade value)

McDonagh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 06:32 PM
McDonagh27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Vandermeer
Aucoin come to NYR

Hawks get

Hall
Pock

No thanks. Aucoin got benched recently by Hawks coaches.. and he's the Captain! Plus, he's old, expensive and no good.

I don't see the reason to bring him here, and wonder if there's any upgrade with him over our current d-men. (save Malik)

McDonagh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 07:05 PM
RangerSteve

Send a message via MSN to RangerSteve
Tallon and Dudley have been at Nassau Colliseum all year long too. Does that mean they're about to make a deal with the Isles? You would have thought so but then Mike York and Alexi Zhitnik went to Philly in seperate trades. I'm sure it does have some substance to it with some GM's being at away arenas, but I'd say probably 75-80% of the time nothing happens.

RangerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 07:41 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
ok forget my trade just saw this

per TSN-
Defenceman Jim Vandermeer may be out for the season after suffering a broken bone near his right ankle. Vandermeer suffered the injury in the first period Friday against the Predators and will be out at least six weeks.

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 07:44 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

It would be nice if we could reverse the trend and steal a good young player like Boyes. That has happened since Mike Knuble.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote